ADVERTISEMENT

Tucker says next few days are going to be ''very, very eventful"

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see this board go into meltdown over things we don’t know. I’m old enough to remember when people would freak out over things that happened. Now we freak out over the unknown.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that UK will go with a 7 man roster next season. There will be at least 10. It’s going to be OK. Please step back from the ledge. Deep breaths.
There will be 10. Only because Cal can't scrimmage with 7.

You continue to be in denial.Of course we won't have an actual 7 man roster as we will add scrubs for practice.Do you not see that teams like Duke and Kansas are getting good players back and we can't even keep a guy like Reeves.Do you honestly think this is the way to win championships?
That’s his whole point. Do you honestly believe Reeves being gone is already a done deal? The outrage is happening before final decisions have even been made. If it happens, let the meltdowns begin. These are all internet rumors at this point. Nobody knows what is going to happen at this point.

Why would we believe in a coach to do that when he has been short handed with every team pretty much since 2018. He will not fill out the roster because he is stubborn

In each of the seasons since 2018 there have been either 10 or 11 scholarship players on the roster. Why would you believe he would try this season with only 7?

Reactions: OmahaCats
That’s his whole point. Do you honestly believe Reeves being gone is already a done deal? The outrage is happening before final decisions have even been made. If it happens, let the meltdowns begin. These are all internet rumors at this point. Nobody knows what is going to happen at this point.
It's about money for Reeves right now.Do you really think Saint Mitch will allow Cal to get in an NIL bidding war?It's what these other schools are doing.

ONZkfMj.png

Sums it up good man, the sad part cal could have stopped this if he wasn’t stubborn and always trying to prove people wrong
It would have been stopped if Cal had prioritized Kentucky basketball over getting guys drafted. People keep failing to realize that Cal sees his job completely different than how fans do. Multiple quotes from Cal tell you exactly what he feels his job is.

It’s an interesting phenomenon to see this board go into meltdown over things we don’t know. I’m old enough to remember when people would freak out over things that happened. Now we freak out over the unknown.

I hope that no one seriously thinks that UK will go with a 7 man roster next season. There will be at least 10. It’s going to be OK. Please step back from the ledge. Deep breaths.
I'm sure we'll get somebody. The issue is that Kentucky basketball scrambling to find 3 somebodys just so we have practice bodies is unacceptable. Given the past 3 years, Cal has no benefit of the doubt and there are massive red flags flying about the construction of this team, and about players' seeming desire to get the heck out of here at the first opportunity.

In each of the seasons since 2018 there have been either 10 or 11 scholarship players on the roster. Why would you believe he would try this season with only 7?
He has been short handed and had injuries happen every year then uses that as an excuse when he could have gone and got somebody every offseason and know he will use that and NIL as an excuse

I'm sure we'll get somebody. The issue is that Kentucky basketball scrambling to find 3 somebodys just so we have practice bodies is unacceptable. Given the past 3 years, Cal has no benefit of the doubt and there are massive red flags flying about the construction of this team, and about players' seeming desire to get the heck out of here at the first opportunity.

Players leaving as soon as possible is happening everywhere. Nearly 200 division one players declared for the draft, knowing there are only 60 picks, and also knowing there are several dozen foreign players also in the draft. And 20+% of division one players entered the transfer portal.

We spend so much time focused solely on UK that it seems like their problems are unique. They’re not!

People are more upset that the roster situation is scrambling and it’s 8 days from June. And they play games in 6 weeks. Kentucky should have to scramble to finish a roster.

I wonder when pilgrim will do his next YouTube sources say thing, be interested to see what he says or how he will spin this shit show
Unless someone can disprove my theory, here's what I think: The ONLY reason KSR (Matt Jones and Jack Pilgrim) say TJ Beisner leaving and Andrew Ortelli leaving (video coordinator) is because those 2 guys are KSR's inside info on basketball.

Otherwise, our scouting wasn't great so I don't see how Ortelli is a big loss. Then TJ is more of a personality and media guy than he is a basketball guy, so also don't see how he's such a big loss

Reactions: Dontworryboutit23
The sooner you come to grips with the fact that this roster is just where Cal wants it to be, the happier you will be.

Seven man rotation with 5 freshman getting as many minutes as they can handle, regardless of performance or mistakes, and 3 serviceable ( but not good enough to start ahead of the freshmen) backups in case (when) one of the young dudes get injured, and they will get injured playing all those minutes.

Perfect roster for Cal.

He will add 3 practice players in the upcoming days so they can scrimmage 5 on 5.

If it weren't for that, he would just carry 7 on the roster.

Cal is happy. No players, no pressure to play them ahead of his chosen ones.
Good to know there’s a few here who get it.

You have a fanbase that wants the most talented and deep roster possible for the sake of winning a national championship.

And you have a coach that wants to get his select group of elite recruits to the NBA because he told their families that’s what he would do for them.

It really is that simple, most just don’t want to believe it.

Don’t worry fellas. We should get a video soon of Cal behind his desk reassuring us that all is well and that he loves his guys

“But, but, buuuuuttttt, be patient with me guys. Let me coach this team. We are not where we need to be, and we more than likely won’t get there, but let me coach them anyway. You just sit back and enjoy the ride!”

Don’t worry fellas. We should get a video soon of Cal behind his desk reassuring us that all is well and that he loves his guys

“But, but, buuuuuttttt, be patient with me guys. Let me coach this team. We are not where we need to be, and we more than likely won’t get there, but let me coach them anyway. You just sit back and enjoy the ride!”
iv5CDqs.png

It’s a done deal. Just not announced publicly yet…

Players leaving as soon as possible is happening everywhere. Nearly 200 division one players declared for the draft, knowing there are only 60 picks, and also knowing there are several dozen foreign players also in the draft. And 20+% of division one players entered the transfer portal.

We spend so much time focused solely on UK that it seems like their problems are unique. They’re not!
Got it. Everything is A OK here. I was worried for a minute.

The sooner you come to grips with the fact that this roster is just where Cal wants it to be, the happier you will be.

Seven man rotation with 5 freshman getting as many minutes as they can handle, regardless of performance or mistakes, and 3 serviceable ( but not good enough to start ahead of the freshmen) backups in case (when) one of the young dudes get injured, and they will get injured playing all those minutes.

Perfect roster for Cal.

He will add 3 practice players in the upcoming days so they can scrimmage 5 on 5.

If it weren't for that, he would just carry 7 on the roster.

Cal is happy. No players, no pressure to play them ahead of his chosen ones.

Good to know there’s a few here who get it.

You have a fanbase that wants the most talented and deep roster possible for the sake of winning a national championship.

And you have a coach that wants to get his select group of elite recruits to the NBA because he told their families that’s what he would do for them.

It really is that simple, most just don’t want to believe it.
This is exactly right. Folks, Cal has told you his priorities, and they are way different than BBN's. It's been staring at us in the face for years, and many just don't want to believe it. Kentucky needs a coach that priorities Kentucky winning.

We're gonna lose next year, and lose a lot, and Cal's excuse will be "give them a break, we only have 7 players, they're gassed at half-time each game."
THIS!!!!

He intentionally builds in excuses at this point.

Failure = "Don't be hard on the kids - they are doing all they can, and we are short handed and injured - blame me" (Which means no accountability really because he doesn't care what you think, what impotent AD Mitch thinks, and he has a contract)

Success = "I've been doing this a LONG time, trust the process, we are the gold standard and ARE the needle"

Thing is - in reality we all know 1. No long term success with such limited rosters (look at last several seasons). 2. All of college BBall is wise to his coaching limitations and inability to adapt. 3. His system is broken and continues to produce mediocrity and declining results on the court and now in filling a competent/complete roster. No amount of hype, and empty BS "swagger" is changing that.

I’ve just accepted this is what UK is going to be under Cal. We’re not the same program and he’s not the same coach from 10-17. Don’t see anything changing with this current version of Cal.

I think we’re lucky to get 1 of the 3 remaining guys back, 2 would be pretty big. Just got to hope the freshman exceed their hype, and come out the gate firing on all cylinders; and everyone can somehow avoid injuries.

I really have no expectations going into next season. This has been a weird off-season.

Landing this loaded class and having NOTHING around them is complete neglect. Calipari should be embarrassed at this point.

The Wall/Cousins/Bledsoe group had guys like Patterson, Miller, Harris, Stevenson, etc. to support them and provide some experience.

The title team had Jones, Lamb, Miller, Liggins, Harrellson, etc.

And so on.

This group has zilch. A total of two players, sophomores, who hardly/never played last season because they weren't ready. One 3-star and another pure potential big.

Gloom despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery..

The sky is falling, the sky is falling,

It over!!! It all over!!

Calipari has started a chain reaction that could bring about the next apocalypse…

Wahhh, wahhh wahhh …

Mommy mommy!!!!

Grow up.

Any move would be lateral or a step back. So if he does go elsewhere, it will almost certainly be to a place that will get him MORE shots and more playing time, than 20-25mpg he likely to get at UK.
you said the correct thing.........a lateral move
Used to be transferring from UK was a step down, now the program has fallen so much, it is just lateral

Dude so far we have TWO returning players and 0 transfers-in. And the top transfers in the portal are pretty much all spoken for. How can you be spinning this as ok? Is it just inability to change your mind? I took up for Cal too for a long time, back in 2019/2020 when a lot of people were already souring on him I was on the pro-Cal side of arguments. But things have changed, and things are clearly not ok. I feel like too many people are just stuck on their side of the argument and won't change their mind as more information is learned and more time passes. Things are not ok in our program. That's blindingly obvious.

Gloom despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery..

The sky is falling, the sky is falling,

It over!!! It all over!!

Calipari has started a chain reaction that could bring about the next apocalypse…

Wahhh, wahhh wahhh …

Mommy mommy!!!!

Grow up.
If you were more secure in yourself and trusted your own beliefs on current reality, you wouldn’t feel compelled to routinely chop everyone up for their thoughts and opinions. You’d just read them and laugh.

Reactions: struggler
Sums it up good man, the sad part cal could have stopped this if he wasn’t stubborn and always trying to prove people wrong
it has always been about his ego
it has never been what is best for UK and developing players
he will never admit that he is wrong, ever
even during the 9-16 season, he would never try anyything different, just the same old crap
then Sharpe & handlers embarrassed the university
last year it was Wheeler
Now he, along with the school look like fools for waiting on the 3 draft hopefuls
Past time for a change

You must be kin to Cal. Your always there to back this sinking of the program so I ask. When do you become concerned about the state of UK BASKETBALL? If not having enough players to practice 5 on 5 don't do it then what does?
This guy is a troll. In my few months here all I've seen him do is insult people out of the blue. I've reported him, nothing happened. Maybe he's one of the mods?

Dude so far we have TWO returning players and 0 transfers-in. And the top transfers in the portal are pretty much all spoken for. How can you be spinning this as ok? Is it just inability to change your mind? I took up for Cal too for a long time, back in 2019/2020 when a lot of people were already souring on him I was on the pro-Cal side of arguments. But things have changed, and things are clearly not ok. I feel like too many people are just stuck on their side of the argument and won't change their mind as more information is learned and more time passes. Things are not ok in our program. That's blindingly obvious.

I’m not trying to spin it as OK. I’m not spinning it as anything. It just takes a lot for me to display outrage. And I never get outraged about things I have no control over or don’t directly affect me and my loved ones. Therefore, I can’t relate to the folks in this thread that call the coach names and express how angry they are.

I choose to sit back and watch it unfold. I sure as hell ain’t going to go into meltdown mode over internet rumors and unknowns.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT