ADVERTISEMENT

Will Riley Commitment

Sadly, I think his Instagram tells the whole story. He followed basically the whole state of Illinois and didn’t even follow one UK manager. Hope I’m wrong though
I hope your right. Uk needs kids that are good enough to start
Hes not IMHO uK needs to be very very selective with any and all free rides that go to any freshman.. > hope Pope doest listen to the mob or he will end up in a bad place. 2024-2025-2026 is about transfers and experience.

just looking around, he’s a typical Calipari re-class. Skinny young and probably won’t contribute much in year 1 but has the measurable for the draft. Suprised Calipari wasn’t all in on this one.

Pope needs to go portal over a player like this. Not really sure why we’re even going this route. Save the money for players who can actually contribute.

Would be glad to have him, but never made sense as a reclass for UK imo. These aren't 6 other freshmen he's going to be competing against. He would struggle to find the floor year one anyway.

Reactions: Fox2monk
just looking around, he’s a typical Calipari re-class. Skinny young and probably won’t contribute much in year 1 but has the measurable for the draft. Suprised Calipari wasn’t all in on this one.

Pope needs to go portal over a player like this. Not really sure why we’re even going this route. Save the money for players who can actually contribute.

Jarin Stevenson of Alabama is what I see of him career-wise.

Looks like Illinois has him according to some of there fans 3 I think they believe the staff has told him he will start

Reactions: Fox2monk
Will it be Illinois or Kentucky? We will find out around 230pm it sounds like.

Bored Cabin Fever GIF

Reactions: will1976
I'm not sweating this one. He's a 6-8 reclass who weighs about 170lbs. These physically underdeveloped freshmen usually don't fare too well in the SEC.
He's ball dominant. Lacks the handle and physical toughness to thrive as a reclass. He may be a standout player in 2 years but he'll struggle to adapt to D1 college ball. This isn't the AAU circuit.

If any 5 Star player can’t start before the year is out then why recruit them. Only two things can happen and they are both bad. If they eventually start and the team goes deep in the tourney then he’s gone to the NBA ready or not and if he needs 2-3 years to develop, then look for them to transfer. Especially those that choose your school only for the NIL cash.

I don't know about "we" don't want him, but "I" would like for him to go elsewhere. He's not an instant contributor, imho.

This guy is one of these new type of recruits..... Let him go somewhere else and if in a couple of years he develops then you pick him up in the transfer portal when he inevitably becomes a transfer. If he comes here and doesn't get the minutes he wants he'll be gone before he can contribute.

the days of me even moderately caring about a freshmen (let alone a reclassified one) commitment are long gone, and thank god for that.
This could benefit us in the future as well, we have an established relationship and we all know these players will go elsewhere 2-3 times in their career if they don’t go pro.

If any 5 Star player can’t start before the year is out then why recruit them. Only two things can happen and they are both bad. If they eventually start and the team goes deep in the tourney then he’s gone to the NBA ready or not and if he needs 2-3 years to develop, then look for them to transfer. Especially those that choose your school only for the NIL cash.
I am a five star recruit and you have sold me!!! Where do I sign?

I would have loved to have him, but understandable with not much availability in playing time. With that said, Pope needs to land a 5 start recruit next year to prove he can do it. Johnson is the perfect one!
I think it's going to take a season under the microscope before top recruits start signing here. I'm betting some of these kids are curious to see how much playing time freshman get. Hard work is hard to come by these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT