ADVERTISEMENT

Trilly RUMOR (not verified)

You know what. I actually believe this and Peevy should be the last person to get the job after Mitch is fired
Well once we get the "statement hire" that MB will pull off...MB will get a REAL Lifetime contract and not the fake one that some of you said Cal had. That description looks pretty stupid now.

I'm imagining Peevy bumbling around his office with crap falling off tables and desks bouncing into them as he's trying to get to his PC to leak the details to hasty comical music akin to Home Alone. That's how this reads to me.

The part I'm having a hard time believing is that TV interview Mitch and Cal did together. If Cal was doing half of what the rumors suggest he was doing, he had me completely fooled. Kyle Tucker tweeted out a story today about Cal helping out the Jewish community after the attack in Pittsburgh. It's hard to read stories about that Cal and jibe them with the Machiavellian one behind the scenes.

This seems far-fetched, but when you look at Cal and Ellen, they do not look happy about leaving. I just have a feeling that there is some truth to this.

Agree with you. Usually there's truth in between heavy rumors. My guess is Cal consulted him on a way to try and get leverage, but at the same time, if this was true, I'd never want Peevy to be the UK AD because anyone who has this much time to ignore improving their own program which sucks so badly it's resorted to celebrating Chris Holtmann's arrival is not doing their job. He's DePaul's AD, not Cal's agent and while you consult with friends, you don't have them meddle to this extreme.

Once Cal's media mouthpiece Seth Greenberg confirmed everything on the air-Cal realized he violated his contract and messed up. I also think the Calipari family was delusional in assuming everyone would be "scared" of letting him stay in the SEC and beat them. Nobody cares. He's 65 yrs old and mediocre. If he upgrades for Arkansas, good for them but this long game is a win for Kentucky because you saved $33M and now can move forward knowing that even if he stayed and improved, you wouldn't have him longer than 2/3 more years. I still think he'll never see a 3rd season when he gets to Fayetteville. They've been to the Elite 8 twice and Sweet 16 while Cal's got 1 NCAA win at UK.
That’s my feeling, I think Cal thought he had more UK support than he did. In his mind he’s been bigger than the program for a long time. He wasn’t living in reality and this backfired.

I don’t believe this story. Sounds like something from a lifetime movie. Cal knew it was time to go, he left and I’m thankful he was self aware enough to see it was time.

I think this may be closer to the truth than the other. And once word got out, it violated his contract. Gave Mitch the out he needed. The man in his goodbye video did not look like a man that wanted to leave. He has been asking for more NIL and facilities for a while... Might have really tripped himself and did not leave himself an out.
That is my thinking, he could have used the Tyson connection for pressure and then did it so fast it screwed him. That’s what I really belive, I think he believed even with all his bs the last 5 years he was somehow above the university and fanbase still.

Totally believable. Anyone who saw Cal out walking his dog down Richmond Rd can see that Cal is in a bubble of his own making. Too many Yes-men and adoring hangers-on that did not give him the real story of how the Basketball Bennies felt.

He could clearly have tried this.
Have people listened to this man’s press conferences the last 5 years? He was out of it.

Keeping some space between yourself and your 80 year old grandma during a world wide pandemic is smart.
If true, what Cal did was not very smart.
Zero connection between those two scenerios.
I still see people wearing 2 masks till this day, that’s what he means. Anything is possible.

It does seem that something went amiss with the leaks on Sunday. Was Cal allowed to have anyone speak to Arkansas on his behalf without notifying UK? If not, what potential ramifications could there have been?
It will be interesting to hear the full story once it comes out.

The timing of it all seemed curious. Biggest night in women's sports history. Next morning Cal leaving was the first story on Sportscenter.

You're one of those people I see. Let me guess, a man can have a baby and Hunter's laptop is Russian disinformation.
The guy said he does not believe we landed on the moon. Think I obviously won that one, you know, given he is verifiably idiotic, and you want to take his side??

And of course a man can’t have a baby. Did you not take a science class??

That may not be exactly how it went down, but it wouldn't be a huge surprise if Cal was making a play for and expecting some resistance to him leaving.

It's the carousel season two step. Coaches gain leverage via a plethora of openings.

Want a little extra money for yourself, staff, recruiting budget, NIl, and/or you just want brass, boosters, and fans that you're a commodity...let word out you're shopping around.

Mitch clearly delivered some pretty hard terms and told Cal he's going to change.

Tyson and his money have always been there, why now?

The seat got hot, the leash got short, and somebody went all Wyatt Earp in the lawless town of Calstone. Brought a little law and order. Cal rode out with a red bandana on.

I still see people wearing 2 masks till this day, that’s what he means. Anything is possible.
They may be immunocompromised on chemo....have severe lung disease....have cystic fibrosis....or many other conditions that make them susceptible to severe lung infections or allergic reactions.
Not sure why wearing a mask is now perceived as a sign of low IQ or poor judgement by a small sect of our society today.
Has absolutely NOTHING to do with Cal or this entire situation. Just a stupid analogy to connect them imo.

• Haha
Reactions: jdgilbys5
They may be immunocompromised on chemo....have severe lung disease....have cystic fibrosis....or many other conditions that make them susceptible to severe lung infections or allergic reactions.
Not sure why wearing a mask is now perceived as a sign of low IQ or poor judgement by a small sect of our society today.
Has absolutely NOTHING to do with Cal or this entire situation. Just a stupid analogy to connect them imo.
Most of the people I see are young, and there is a great chance they have none of that. I’m not even talking about out of shape or nothing like that. I’ve seen videos of people who carry a kit with them to wipe down planes, wear a paper mask, and a filtered mask over it. Many of these people are broken.

Most of the people I see are young, and there is a great chance they have none of that. I’m not even talking about out of shape or nothing like that. I’ve seen videos of people who carry a kit with them to wipe down planes, wear a paper mask, and a filtered mask over it. Many of these people are broken.
You have zero clue what they have or don’t have or are dealing with. To presume anything based on mask + young is incredibly naive and low iq. Are some people over the top? Of course, which is true for everything in life. Doesn’t mean there aren’t also plenty who have legit reasons for doing what they do.

You have zero clue what they have or don’t have or are dealing with. To presume anything based on mask + young is incredibly naive and low iq. Are some people over the top? Of course, which is true for everything in life. Doesn’t mean there aren’t also plenty who have legit reasons for doing what they do.
Masks don’t work and are likely harmful.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I didn’t say some people don’t, but it’s been proven the mask doesn’t protect you from anything, so no matter what they have the mask isn’t gonna save them. I bet your Jean material stops a fart from coming out too don’t it? Regardless, we disagree and that’s fine. I don’t wanna hijack this thread over something that has been fought about for years. It’s over now, in the world and here. As far as my IQ, I guarantee I could test just as highly as you my friend. I have a college degree. I had a 3.5 GPA and a 1250 on my SAT and that is in a pretty high percentile. I’m no genius, but my IQ isn’t lacking.

Last edited:
The part I'm having a hard time believing is that TV interview Mitch and Cal did together. If Cal was doing half of what the rumors suggest he was doing, he had me completely fooled. Kyle Tucker tweeted out a story today about Cal helping out the Jewish community after the attack in Pittsburgh. It's hard to read stories about that Cal and jibe them with the Machiavellian one behind the scenes.
If you read about it....then it was done so you'd read about it. Virtue signalling.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT