ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors that Bradshaw is going to transfer

Hope he stays but wish him the best. It’s tough to put the kind of expectations we have on the kid after he came off surgery before the season. Usually any lower extremity surgery takes a full year to get 100%.

This has more to do with any of it in terms of his play this season. The lower legs are very fragile for big men compared to the guard through forward positions. I can't believe the big kids are playing after having foot issues. They're frkn basketball warriors in my opinion.

Lower leg AND FOOT injuries SUCK

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue_2_the_bone
Comes across like you have already decided.

However, if he simply told them he was considering a change after the season, is that reason to bench him if he is still giving full effort, energy and supporting the team like a good teammate? Maybe he just thinks a change is better for his future, maybe he has personal reasons or something we know nothing about that necessitates it. Unless it was negatively impacting the team, why would you bench him?
Come on. The person was asking a valid hypothetical question.

Since you didn't want to answer it, I will. If I knew the player was openly talking transfer while the season was still going on - and especially the post season - I would not play them.

And I'm NOT saying Bradshaw is doing that or that I want him to sit. I'm just trying to answer the question that was asked.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Why do some in our fanbase want to shit on this young man so bad? Many of you have talked more trash about Bradshaw from the time we started recruiting him until now than any player I can remember.

He was supposedly just playing Cal in his recruitment and would never come here.

Then he was going to screw Cal and demand he only play the 4 to the detriment of the team.

Then he was going to be the next Sharpe.

Then he was transferring to USC to play with Bronny.

Then his injury was bullshit and just his excuse to sit and never play.

Then he was just going to play a few games to show he was healthy and shut it down.

Now he is allegedly telling people that he is transferring just before the start of the NCAA tournament because some losers online say so.

None of these have even proven remotely true. By all accounts, he has been an exemplary teammate, student, competitor and ambassador of our program.

Some of you desperately need to get a f*cking life!
Speaking of getting a f*cking life, you created this account today just to call out real UK fans? Trying to figure out which sock account you are.

Reactions: NociHTTP
Come on. The person was asking a valid hypothetical question.

Since you didn't want to answer it, I will. If I knew the player was openly talking transfer while the season was still going on - and especially the post season - I would not play them.

And I'm NOT saying Bradshaw is doing that or that I want him to sit. I'm just trying to answer the question that was asked.
Pretty sure I did answer, but maybe that wasn't as clear as I thought.

But just because someone has mentioned to the staff that they feel a transfer may be in the best interest after the season doesn't mean they are at all negatively impacting the team. So, why sit them? Particularly if you want to encourage them to reconsider?

If you applied for a new job because it was a great opportunity, and you told your employer they may be contacted for a reference or to confirm employment, should they just fire you then and there for considering other opportunities?

Reactions: Girthang

But just because someone has mentioned to the staff that they feel a transfer may be in the best interest after the season doesn't mean they are at all negatively impacting the team. So, why sit them? Particularly if you want to encourage them to reconsider?

If you applied for a new job because it was a great opportunity, and you told your employer they may be contacted for a reference or to confirm employment, should they just fire you then and there for considering other opportunities?
Good example. I don't necessarily think they SHOULD fire the person, but I do think some companies would. Or at least it would be the kiss of death for their employment there. I don't think that commonly happens until the move is a done deal, though. At least I've not heard of it happening that way unless it's a minimum-wage type job.

And being a player on a college team isn't really the persons job or how they make a living...despite that they are receiving money these day.

Someone needs to go. He has not cut it this year and a fresh start elsewhere may benefit everyone. Even if he started the year behind due to the injury, come next year there is a chance Big Z is back, legit big men with Quaintance & Somto, plus Ugo if he does not leave. There just isn't any room for 4 big men to clog the paint.

Someone needs to go. He has not cut it this year and a fresh start elsewhere may benefit everyone. Even if he started the year behind due to the injury, come next year there is a chance Big Z is back, legit big men with Quaintance & Somto, plus Ugo if he does not leave. There just isn't any room for 4 big men to clog the paint.
Someone needs to go and not stay and develop?

Someone needs to go and not stay and develop?
It doesn't work that way when a player finds themselves even further down the depth chart. You honestly expect Bradshaw is going to see a massive increase in minutes if he is fighting for PT in the front court with Quaintance, Big Z, Somto & Ugo as well. If not Bradshaw, someone will go. They can grow and develop elsewhere to get the playing time that will allow them to. It's delusional to think all of these guys are going to stay here and develop in limited PT. Transfers happen. Just look at Lance Ware. He stayed, did not develop and once the situation got even more logjammed up front, gone!

You do that AFTER the tournament. They don't just part ways to never been seen again until October. No respecting coach is going to call another coach during the tournament. It's called respect and good business sense. Cal shouldn't be answering any phone calls from other than family, player's families, etc. No reason for him to be taking calls from another school. Not during this tournament. If Bradshaw did in fact do this, then it's just sour grapes on his part and trying to get in digs due to perceived lack of playing time at this point in the season. I'd hope Cal could see through the bullshit.

people probably said similar things about Nick Richards, he ended up being All SEC his JR year
This! Man what a great answer! This is the problem with everything is that nobody has any patience anymore. The biggest jump a guy will make will be from his freshman to sophomore year. Fans and players both have that mentality that if things not going great and he not doing All -American type things by Christmas of his Freshmen yr that he needs to transfer somewhere else because we have "better guys" coming in. I just wish we could find out more often what a guy could do as a Sophomore. Look at the jump Adou has made this yr. Also Nick Richards, PJ Washington. AB didn't get to do much this summer.

Nick Richards was unplayable for most of the time he was here but then all of sudden something clicked and he figured it out.

I had a feeling when all that talk about the three 7 footers was happening and all that talk about how good we were and how we didn't even have our complete team yet was happening that this would kind of be the outcome. It's like Cal has just juggled them around and seems like he didn't even know which way to go at times and I don't think it's helped us great deal but he tried to keep everyone happy.

You do that AFTER the tournament. They don't just part ways to never been seen again until October. No respecting coach is going to call another coach during the tournament. It's called respect and good business sense. Cal shouldn't be answering any phone calls from other than family, player's families, etc. No reason for him to be taking calls from another school. Not during this tournament. If Bradshaw did in fact do this, then it's just sour grapes on his part and trying to get in digs due to perceived lack of playing time at this point in the season. I'd hope Cal could see through the bullshit.
Lol, what?

The portal is already open and coaches are already planning for next year. Same as with HS recruiting. Of course they're taking and making calls. They aren't just sitting around thinking of the tournament 24/7.

What did Bradshaw do?

Jesus!! Well at a company it's not gonna be a distraction and press conferences and the whole world watching and talking about it on social media. Nobody gonna give a damn if somebody wants to switch to a different job 😂. The portal will be going on all Spring. Damn, it's sad that common sense is has become a lost art in this world. 🙆🤦🤦

Lol, what?

The portal is already open and coaches are already planning for next year. Same as with HS recruiting. Of course they're taking and making calls. They aren't just sitting around thinking of the tournament 24/7.

What did Bradshaw do?
But no respecting coach is calling a coach in the NCAA tournament who is trying to prep his team for a game. I don't know how you got through the account setup process so quickly. You're obtuse, at any rate.

Reactions: JASUN74
Lol, what?

What did Bradshaw do?
Naw, your right about that. It seems like ppl rather recruit than play/coach ball games. Recruit in a good strong class to play ball from Nov til February and talk about March so they can get back out and recruit some more guys for next Nov til Feb. That's what it almost feels like it has become.

Reactions: CBBCrazy
Jesus!! Well at a company it's not gonna be a distraction and press conferences and the whole world watching and talking about it on social media. Nobody gonna give a damn if somebody wants to switch to a different job 😂. The portal will be going on all Spring. Damn, it's sad that common sense is has become a lost art in this world. 🙆🤦🤦
Depends on who it is and what company. Why would size or public interest matter?

Also, what press conference, who is this "whole" world that is watching and where are they talking about it on social media? So far, this is the only place I have seen any mention.

Where has it been a distraction to anyone except "fans" on here?

So, if a good player enters the portal this week that is highly coveted and recruited, you just ignore about it?

Surely with your vastness if common sense, you will be able to enlighten us!

But no respecting coach is calling a coach in the NCAA tournament who is trying to prep his team for a game. I don't know how you got through the account setup process so quickly. You're obtuse, at any rate.
Well, sure they are. You just saying they aren't doesn't make it so. A lot of these guys are great friends that talk constantly. They don't just think of the tournament 24/7 like you. They have a job that requires a lot of other things.

How did we get involved with that IU decommit this week if we don't contact people during the tournament? 🤔

Bradshaw will do what is best for him and no one can blame Aaron. It is a different world than when players like Nick Richards were in college now that players can immediately transfer unlike than when sticking it out was his best option and not 5 bigs at his position at any time during his UK career. There is a scenario Bradshaw comes back if Ugo leaves and/or the NBA takes Big Z on his high potential that views him as a project player to develop at their pace since he has pro experience with Croatia. Players like Dakari Johnson & Daniel Orton have left after limited playing time. Have to consider all of these guys including Bradshaw have pro aspirations. The main goal for all of these players are getting to the NBA. Splitting minutes among many players at your position is not the best way to develop. He may stay and would be glad to have him. Just don't be naive to think a transfer is impossible with this incoming class.

S
Depends on who it is and what company. Why would size or public interest matter?

Also, what press conference, who is this "whole" world that is watching and where are they talking about it on social media? So far, this is the only place I have seen any mention.

Where has it been a distraction to anyone except "fans" on here?

So, if a good player enters the portal this week that is highly coveted and recruited, you just ignore about it?

Surely with your vastness if common sense, you will be able to enlighten us!
See, you're already in over your head. Did you know March Madness started today? And did you know these coaches and players talk to the press and do press conference and things like that? Did ya know that the whole world is interested in this tournament? Well if you answered Yes or No to any of these questions then I'll say again that you are in over your head if ya can't put that altogether. You trying to be slick but you not that slick.

Also to anyone who reads this I'm not saying that Aaron Bradshaw is causing any of this. I'm just implying that ANY player "talking" about transferring during this point who can't wait til the season is over is a distraction and should go ahead and stay at the motel or just not dress out if that's where a players minds is at.

Lol at you guys arguing with the "that's an awful idea" guy. I guess he got banned and wasn't finished trolling 😂😂😂

S
See, you're already in over your head. Did you know March Madness started today? And did you know these coaches and players talk to the press and do press conference and things like that? Did ya know that the whole world is interested in this tournament? Well if you answered Yes or No to any of these questions then I'll say again that you are in over your head if ya can't put that altogether. You trying to be slick but you not that slick.

Also to anyone who reads this I'm not saying that Aaron Bradshaw is causing any of this. I'm just implying that ANY player "talking" about transferring during this point who can't wait til the season is over is a distraction and should go ahead and stay at the motel or just not dress out if that's where a players minds is at.
Sure, I've been watching it. But what press conference has been in regard to Bradshaw or transfers? So, where is the distraction?

So because the "whole world" (seems super hyperbolic fyi) is watching, then somehow Bradshaw is a distraction?

But what players aren't thinking about their future? Whether it be NBA, college, graduation or whatever. Do you not think the coaches are also inquiring and deciding what they need to do in terms of roster management for the next year? Since Reed and Rob are considering leaving for the NBA, should they sit too?

Did you feel this way when Oscar transfered mid season? Or is this strictly limited to just tournament time?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT