ADVERTISEMENT

Who the hell is Trilly?

Supposedly it’s CBS’ Matt Norlander’s pseudonym that posts supposed scoops and inside info on X and his discord. I’m not impressed as he’s rarely right about anything but some of his lemmings here hang on his every word to run here and post his nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: RunninRichie
OP I had no clue either. I never follow recruiting. I just thought it was some hot shot recruit. I usually just skip past those threads.

If you can access it, here is the story on Trilly Donovan. I actually think it is several friends who have key positions at various places across the country that pool their knowledge.

I read the first few paragraphs quickly before the paywall kicked in. Interesting.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Here's another article. If it's one person they have to be well connected. In the Athletic article he claims to be 32, married with no kids, has a job in athletics, but not an agent, and big Gator fan growing up who lives "somewhere in the East" now. There is another article where Norlander supposedly is interviewing him if you search the name.

Last edited:
I used to think Trilly was FOS but that was the first person that said Cal and Arkansas were even talking and also said Billy D would be interested and it seems he is. We just don’t have a competent AD.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Supposedly it’s CBS’ Matt Norlander’s pseudonym that posts supposed scoops and inside info on X and his discord. I’m not impressed as he’s rarely right about anything but some of his lemmings here hang on his every word to run here and post his nonsense.
He does get some stuff right for sure, especially about recruiting. I don’t follow him unless it’s on here but it’s like every other “news” source.

One thing you can guarantee in a thread like this is a few folks saying the person is hardly right.

He was pretty good at predicting where recruits would land on twitter .
Very good. Slater is the only one I would potentially put above him when it comes to where a recruit will land. Trilly is right WAY more than he is wrong. Way more.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
Very good. Slater is the only one I would potentially put above him when it comes to where a recruit will land. Trilly is right WAY more than he is wrong. Way more.
Yup and in this game guys will be wrong about stuff considering a recruit can change their mind at the last minute .

But like you said he’s up there in terms of the people i follow .

Reactions: Blueheart32
One thing you can guarantee in a thread like this is a few folks saying the person is hardly right.

He was pretty good at predicting where recruits would land on twitter .
That he was, I take it like this. When he gets news I get information free. If it turns out correct that’s awesome and if it doesn’t it’s no skin off my back.

Reactions: shaudyshaud
That he was, I take it like this. When he gets news I get information free. If it turns out correct that’s awesome and if it doesn’t it’s no skin off my back.
Same . I’m not in the discord so I can’t keep up what is being said in there . I just follow him on twitter .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT