ADVERTISEMENT

Rumors that Bradshaw is going to transfer

Whatever players decide to do for their future is fine with me. The timing of this getting out is not. It's fine to be looking out for yourself....but when there is a team goal when everyone needs to be on same page in a sport/event where it's hard enough to succeed with everyone locked in--this is pure BS.

Nice kid. Came to the sport late, and family are absolute hayseeds when it comes how their management is manipulating them. I'd give him some tickets to head back to Lexington and let him proceed with whatever is next for him. I know that won't happen but you can't sell me on the buy in from everyone when this gets out now. Even if you have a great run-it's 3 weeks left....this can't wait? FOH
I've been vocal about his lack of motor on defense, and propensity to shy away from contact in screen, protecting the rim and rebounding. This only solidifies to me that he's ready to get out of here, and onto whatever path he thinks is the easiest to riches.

Now that it's out of the way, he can sit until the portal is in use. Bring on Z who is craftier and a better shooter, and Ugo who will actually fight for rebounds and protect the basket.

Whatever players decide to do for their future is fine with me. The timing of this getting out is not. It's fine to be looking out for yourself....but when there is a team goal when everyone needs to be on same page in a sport/event where it's hard enough to succeed with everyone locked in--this is pure BS.

Nice kid. Came to the sport late, and family are absolute hayseeds when it comes how their management is manipulating them. I'd give him some tickets to head back to Lexington and let him proceed with whatever is next for him. I know that won't happen but you can't sell me on the buy in from everyone when this gets out now. Even if you have a great run-it's 3 weeks left....this can't wait? FOH
Yeah right, Cal would let him play even if it means screwing us. He will never make a kid look bad no matter what.

Appreciate his support of his teammates in what has to be a disappointing season. Kid needs lots of time to develop. You never know when it might click or if it will for a big kid. Cals not interested in that.

I would for sure want him here. Kentuckys main thing as of right now should be finding backcourt scorers, that’s the biggest need
He is a very poor mans Oscar and I thought Oscar was clogging up the middle too much for many of you. Why would anyone want a minor version of Oscar.

Should UK just boot him off the team for causing this distraction before the tournament?
Lol. There's no reason to even think this came from him. SMH

Honestly I think it's just speculation, OR some people who advise him trying to see what kind of NIL offers they can get for him. These agencies and advisors are nothing more than pimps.

Reactions: davtay and Fox2monk
These big 7'1 / 7'2 guys need to eat could u imagine a thicker Bradshaw, or Z. Imagine a 7 foot DeMarcus cousins. Or I guess we can use Zion as a example too.
I understand it's hard for bigger tall guys to carry weight because there is more area to spread out but ours are all twigs.
AD is the only super tall twig that I remember that could handle being a twig and still be effective on offense and defense. But AD is a unicorn.

Why do some in our fanbase want to shit on this young man so bad? Many of you have talked more trash about Bradshaw from the time we started recruiting him until now than any player I can remember.

He was supposedly just playing Cal in his recruitment and would never come here.

Then he was going to screw Cal and demand he only play the 4 to the detriment of the team.

Then he was going to be the next Sharpe.

Then he was transferring to USC to play with Bronny.

Then his injury was bullshit and just his excuse to sit and never play.

Then he was just going to play a few games to show he was healthy and shut it down.

Now he is allegedly telling people that he is transferring just before the start of the NCAA tournament because some losers online say so.

None of these have even proven remotely true. By all accounts, he has been an exemplary teammate, student, competitor and ambassador of our program.

Some of you desperately need to get a f*cking life!

Agreed. As much as I criticize Cal for his floor coaching, this is one area where he makes some moves prudently. He doesn’t hang on to a guy too long if he doesn’t see significant improvement over a season.
its called being a Freshmen. Not suprisingly they end up being good as Seniors. I would suggest that UK would have much more hardware in their trophy case if Cal understood this

Reactions: NociHTTP
These big 7'1 / 7'2 guys need to eat could u imagine a thicker Bradshaw, or Z. Imagine a 7 foot DeMarcus cousins. Or I guess we can use Zion as a example too.
I understand it's hard for bigger tall guys to carry weight because there is more area to spread out but ours are all twigs.
AD is the only super tall twig that I remember that could handle being a twig and still be effective on offense and defense. But AD is a unicorn.
Cousins was 6’11 and 290. He was unguardable in college. If only he had stayed.

Probably would be a good idea for you to be kicked off the board for being a distraction. Your last screen name before you were booted last week?
Wait, so pushing this made up BS is a banable offense? Funny how you didn’t have a problem with it when others were doing it.

If you were a coach and had knowledge that, before the season ends, a player was already talking portal and leaving the program, would you play him in games ??

Reactions: NociHTTP
No, not at all. My question was IF you were a coach and had knowledge (certain, not rumor) ...
Of course, I HOPE the rumor is 100% FALSE and not a distraction to the team right now, who doesn't ??
Comes across like you have already decided.

However, if he simply told them he was considering a change after the season, is that reason to bench him if he is still giving full effort, energy and supporting the team like a good teammate? Maybe he just thinks a change is better for his future, maybe he has personal reasons or something we know nothing about that necessitates it. Unless it was negatively impacting the team, why would you bench him?

Comes across like you have already decided.

However, if he simply told them he was considering a change after the season, is that reason to bench him if he is still giving full effort, energy and supporting the team like a good teammate? Maybe he just thinks a change is better for his future, maybe he has personal reasons or something we know nothing about that necessitates it. Unless it was negatively impacting the team, why would you bench him?

Welcome new member! Nice screen name.........yikes.

I mean to be perfectly honest edwards and Bradshaw should come back and continue to develop and try to be a dominant basketball player.

What I don't understand is kids not developing when there are good bigs on the roster. Poor coaching? Lack of coaching?

Why would the coach NOT give up on Edwards, but clearly give up on Bradshaw? (NOT that any coach should EVER give up on a player on their team, but apparently that's an option according to Cal and players that have transferred.)

Maybe that's why Reed comes off the bench rather than starting? Rob, too. Maybe this coach just can't handle players that don't need him, make their own decisions, and might know more about basketball than he does? Don't see any other reason why he'd refuse to start a kid like Reed all season. Did the same thing to DMiller I think as well.

I doubt it is anything more than a rumor someone started for attention.

Whether he does or doesn't transfer doesn't mean anyone actually heard it from him. I just wish him the best in his decision making and playing. Hope he has a great tournament along with his teammates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT