ADVERTISEMENT

Toppin's post game comments

Need guys who are either from or can play like they are from the "muck". Sick of these analytical thinkers. Get me some MF'ers who rip your arm off if you think you are getting a ball and want to talk **** after they kick your ass. Not apologize for not giving a crap about the game or being too in their own head to compete.

Need guys who are either from or can play like they are from the "muck". Sick of these analytical thinkers. Get me some MF'ers who rip your arm off if you think you are getting a ball and want to talk **** after they kick your ass. Not apologize for not giving a crap about the game or being too in their own head to compete.
More Eric Bledsoe.

Toppin has no instincts combined with a lack of natural competitiveness and here we are.

Toppin has no instincts combined with a lack of natural competitiveness and here we are.
Not wanting to "offend" anyone, I'll just say you can tell he's the baby of the family. Coddled. Naturally gifted but....something is just missing. It's there for him to get if he committed to it, but hard to get that lock it in focus as you leave college. Especially when Pro Front Offices/Coaches will give him a simple assignment and if he can't do it, they don't give 2 ****s about his "mental state" or "confidence". It's do this or GTFOH.

Not wanting to "offend" anyone, I'll just say you can tell he's the baby of the family. Coddled. Naturally gifted but....something is just missing. It's there for him to get if he committed to it, but hard to get that lock it in focus as you leave college. Especially when Pro Front Offices/Coaches will give him a simple assignment and if he can't do it, they don't give 2 ****s about his "mental state" or "confidence". It's do this or GTFOH.
He does seem to look around during the game for someone to tell him he done good.

Hating on players unheard of on this site. Get back to hating on Cal you pussies, and leave the kids alone. Everyone knows the players aren’t to fault they just play the games, shoot, rebound, shoot free throws, foul, get fouled, make turnovers, etc. Cal is to blame don’t lose the hate, you’re better than that.

And I know the reply is, “ well, Cal put the team together”. Everyone thought this was a top 5 roster when the season began.
Yeah. Not everyone. See the thread I made in March 2022 about how the current roster was going to have more issues than last years. And see the many people who agreed with that take.

Cal pumped this roster. The media bought in. People like you bought in. But I assure you, “everyone” did not think this was a top 5 roster.

Do you know around which part of the game it was?
Right before halftime. Gave up the 3 in the corner, and then on the fast break he didn’t jump for the rebound. Ran past the rim and they got the put back to go up 1. Cal ripped his ass then Jacob pouted and left the huddle and wouldn’t join it. I was at the game watching it unfold. To add to this one of the walk ons was actively trying to get him back into the huddle and he would not join it. Kind of wild how he pouted but he played good in second half.

Last edited:
Hating on players unheard of on this site. Get back to hating on Cal you pussies, and leave the kids alone. Everyone knows the players aren’t to fault they just play the games, shoot, rebound, shoot free throws, foul, get fouled, make turnovers, etc. Cal is to blame don’t lose the hate, you’re better than that.
Good lord you suck so unbelievably consistently

Toppin is the epitome of what’s been missing. We don’t have a dog. Someone that will just bully their way to the basket in clutch time or to kill a run.

Reactions: RunninRichie

They're not "kids." The infantilization of these adults making a lot of money to play basketball is very weird.

I’ll give toppin a break because he’s been terrific for the better part of 2 months now and a LOT of guys played bad against vandy. I think this is an instant when “they’re not machines” would be fair. Not excusing the loss. Just trying to be reasonable.

I’ll give toppin a break because he’s been terrific for the better part of 2 months now and a LOT of guys played bad against vandy. I think this is an instant when “they’re not machines” would be fair. Not excusing the loss. Just trying to be reasonable.
His defense has not been terrific during that time period. His inability to guard has been a major factor in this team having double-digit losses.

Right before halftime. Gave up the 3 in the corner, and then on the fast break he didn’t jump for the rebound. Ran past the rim and they got the put back to go up 1. Cal ripped his ass then Jacob pouted and left the huddle and wouldn’t join it. I was at the game watching it unfold. To add to this one of the walk ons was actively trying to get him back into the huddle and he would not join it. Kind of wild how he pouted but he played good in second half.
Finally someone answers. Thanks man.

His defense has not been terrific during that time period. His inability to guard has been a major factor in this team having double-digit losses.

That true. His defense has been unbelievably disappointing this year. No reason a guy that atbeltic shouldn’t be an all conference defender.

But i’d also argue his surge in the offensive side has helped us salvage the season. Until the vandy game he was averaging like 14/7/3 on 50/40 shooting splits in SEC play. And he has at least been rebounding on the defensive side of the ball.

I don’t understand why he’s so bad on defense. His first year here it looked like he was eventually going to be a stud on that end. He was the only guy we had that was able to do anything against Pippen’s kid.

He’s somewhat like Brooks in that he seems to lose focus for stretches.

If you listen to some of toppins interviews he does seem to have his head in the clouds a little. So he may just not have it between the ears to be a great defender because you really do have to focus on that side of the ball.

The dude comes out and takes responsibility, something many on here will say players or Cal should do more often, and most of the comments are how terrible he is. When in fact he's been one of the best players on the team for the last month and we wouldn't have won some of those games without him being that good.

I get being disappointed in a player, especially when they have so much potential. But there's really no reason to just bash and bash. At least he's taking ownership.

The dude comes out and takes responsibility, something many on here will say players or Cal should do more often, and most of the comments are how terrible he is. When in fact he's been one of the best players on the team for the last month and we wouldn't have won some of those games without him being that good.

I get being disappointed in a player, especially when they have so much potential. But there's really no reason to just bash and bash. At least he's taking ownership.

Yeah, the bashing of players has gotten out of hand. Criticism is legit but bashing never has been. I wish everyone had to put a pic and a real bio on this board to post. That would be interesting, wouldn't it?

Yes yes yes

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT