ADVERTISEMENT

Boogie Fland

Farsight

Junior
Nov 27, 2011
I would assume he would de-commit, but it's interesting that there is silence about him.

One interesting tid bit from Fland...

He was asked after we lost to Oakland, and someone asked him what he thought about how the fans feel about the loss. He said something about, "I don't blame the fans for being upset", which I thought was interesting. If someone could find what he said about that, would be awesome.

Was it Mitch or someone else who said that two big recruits already contacted Pope already? I wonder if he was one?

I am sure he will de-commit, but interesting we haven't heard from him yet.

I would assume he would de-commit, but it's interesting that there is silence about him.

He was asked after we lost to Oakland, and someone asked him what he thought about how the fans feel about the loss. He said something about, "I don't blame the fans for being upset", which I thought was interesting. If someone could find what he said about that, would be awesome.

Was it Mitch or someone else who said that two big recruits already contacted Pope already? I wonder if he was one?

It was Mitch that said that two guys who didn't consider Pope's offers at BYU would play for him at Kentucky.

Pope wasn’t recruiting guys like Fland to BYU so he’s not one of the 2. I would assume Fland opens up his recruitment soon.

This is what he actually said:

“I think the proof’s in the pudding. Obviously we got to go get that done,” Barnhart said. “So I get off the phone with (Pope) last night and he already talked to me about two players that he couldn’t get to come to have a conversation with him at BYU that already called him back and said Coach I’ll come to Kentucky. It’s about the name on the front of the jersey.”

NIL and the prospect of playing for a real coach at a blue blood may get him to reconsider, but the con man Kal will likely draw him away

As I recall, Fland came very close to committing to IU. In fact, I think that was the favored prediction on his decision day.

I’m sure Woodson would love to get a second chance. Lord knows he needs it.

Reactions: Farsight
This is what he actually said:

“I think the proof’s in the pudding. Obviously we got to go get that done,” Barnhart said. “So I get off the phone with (Pope) last night and he already talked to me about two players that he couldn’t get to come to have a conversation with him at BYU that already called him back and said Coach I’ll come to Kentucky. It’s about the name on the front of the jersey.”
Are they incoming Freshmen, or veterans ?? Anybody know ??

NIL and the prospect of playing for a real coach at a blue blood may get him to reconsider, but the con man Kal will likely draw him away
If his goal is one and done and not playing for a championship, then let Cal have him. I want team players who want to be here. Cal will get him his NBA attention, while losing to actual Team first units.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT