ADVERTISEMENT

To The Anti-Cal Crew

I’m not anti cal but to say that fans are the reason for those expectations is mistaken. Cal upon being hired said he wanted an undefeated season and catch UCLA. Instead we have become an nba farm team for players who are ready to go or not. Cal has brought the onslaught to himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: CB3UK and TankedCat
No...you're wrong.

People are out in force because this is not a game that we should have lost...PERIOD. Alabama is not a good team and will more than likely not end up with a winning record in the SEC.

We have had two great games and then to turn around and have this clunker - I can easily see why lots of people are pissed. It's not like the players are in school. Cal has all the time he needs to get these kids ready for this game and they came out flat and allowed a crappy Alabama team to hang with us. We had a chance in the first half to put Alabama away and we couldn't.

And I am so tired of some opposing player having the shooting night of his life against us. It's unbelievable Cal and his coaches still don't know how to quickly identify this and quickly put a stop to it.

Yesterday was a very frustrating and disappointing day. People are upset and I am not surprised others choose to put their heads in the sand after such a terrible game.

No one was complaining in 2012...GTFO with that BS argument.

No one wants Cal gone, but he is not above criticism either. He needs to step up his game. The guy is paid a ton of money and is not as successful as his upper echelon peers - Coach K, Droopy-Dog and Jay Wright.

Cal is not paid to lose to Kansas State...with a week's worth of preparation.

If you hate criticism of Cal so much, and you are so unhappy because people have a different opinion than you after a terrible loss, just don't log in and click on a thread criticizing Cal. Simple as that. See how it goes both ways.

And I believe that you and all like you are wrong. Listen, we ALL hate to lose, especially when this should have been a win. The only difference is that most of us realize that every team will shoot badly from time to time, and that every road game in the SEC is very loseable if you don't play your best. It is a fact that no team plays its best every game. The other difference is that while most of us hate losing, we realize that we have a HOF coach who has proven he knows how to get this team ready for the tournament, while those of you who want to complain think you know very change that needs to be made. Well, you don't and all of your complaining and outrage will not change a thing. So, why not just let the season happen and see who is right? Criticize strategy, make comments? Sure. That is what this board is for, but to act like experts and overly criticize everything, and suggesting Cal can't coach, every time we lose a game is ridiculous.

Could someone point me in the direction of a message board without all the morons?

Seriously?

I’m not talking about people with constructive criticisms and legit complaints about the game, Cal, style of play, etc. All of those are completely legit.

I’m talking about a message board free from the goobers who are proclaiming season over after a tough loss on first SEC road game, same ones who proclaim Cal a failure bc he only has one ‘Ship.

Please someone start a message board where these idiots are not allowed. Then invite me. I’m there.

That is all. Carry on. Chicken Little A$&Hats

Could someone point me in the direction of a message board without all the morons?

Seriously?

I’m not talking about people with constructive criticisms and legit complaints about the game, Cal, style of play, etc. All of those are completely legit.

I’m talking about a message board free from the goobers who are proclaiming season over after a tough loss on first SEC road game, same ones who proclaim Cal a failure bc he only has one ‘Ship.

Please someone start a message board where these idiots are not allowed. Then invite me. I’m there.

That is all. Carry on. Chicken Little A$&Hats

It’s called the safezone. It’s where all the girls go to talk about volleyball.

It’s that way ^ ( x at the top right corner).

And I believe that you and all like you are wrong. Listen, we ALL hate to lose, especially when this should have been a win. The only difference is that most of us realize that every team will shoot badly from time to time, and that every road game in the SEC is very loseable if you don't play your best. It is a fact that no team plays its best every game. The other difference is that while most of us hate losing, we realize that we have a HOF coach who has proven he knows how to get this team ready for the tournament, while those of you who want to complain think you know very change that needs to be made. Well, you don't and all of your complaining and outrage will not change a thing. So, why not just let the season happen and see who is right? Criticize strategy, make comments? Sure. That is what this board is for, but to act like experts and overly criticize everything, and suggesting Cal can't coach, every time we lose a game is ridiculous.

I htink we are in agreement, but people use this message board to vent their anger and unhappiness with how the last few years have gone. This board is kinda cathartic to many.

I read a lot of threads, but choose not to respond to many as they tend to be terrible.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
Once again, your opinion because it’s not what YOU think I should say. You have a snow flake mentality. Toughen up and let others have an opinion.

Blah Blah Blah - same old tired whiny ass BS...you're the effing snowflake trying to drown out everyone else who gives a flying F about the kids.

You display no other mentality but a malcontent and half empty on a good day...if someone gave you $50 you'd cry like a bitch because it wasn't $100.
Life must really suck like a three dollar whore in Diddyland.

If opinions are like assholes, then you've got a double barrel spewing from both ends...you serve it up but never offer solutions - because you don't
know jack schit...just beat the bitch-moan-complain drum.

Your opinion is no better than a common troll or a tard. Maybe you should build a site for the other shit slingers...you can nominate CalstheTroll for your
press secretary and 144 can be your vice president in charge of fecal appropriations.

What's more GTFO with your tired ass "let others have opinions" line - Who has taken your little chicken little soap box away?

fail-hurdle.jpg

Don't disagree with you that it's way too early to give up on the season. But what domination has Cal really had? 3 other programs have won 2 titles since Cal has been here. And Carolina won the year before Cal got here to go along with their title 2 years ago. He's certainly had the talent to dominate if that's what you're referring to.
At least two of those titles were taken from us and given to two ACC teams, though. Not really a fair argument.

Reactions: awf and CatEye2010
2012 wasn't good enough? Nor were the numerous Final Fours?

For sure 2012 but unfortunately there are at least 2-3 other seasons that came up woefully short. Too much talent to have bowed out when we did. Also, if you measure success with Final Fours then that’s your opinion. I do not.

Blah Blah Blah - same old tired whiny ass BS...you're the effing snowflake trying to drown out everyone else who gives a flying F about the kids.

You display no other mentality but a malcontent and half empty on a good day...if someone gave you $50 you'd cry like a bitch because it wasn't $100.

If opinions are like assholes, then you've got a double barrel spewing from both ends...you serve it up but never offer solutions - because you don't

Your opinion is no better than a common troll or a tard. Maybe you should build a site for the other shit slingers...you can nominate CalstheTroll for your
press secretary and 144 can be your vice president in charge of fecal appropriations.

What's more GTFO with your tired ass "let others have opinions" line - Who has taken your little chicken little soap box away?

fail-hurdle.jpg

Settle down sweetie. You’re getting worked up waaay too much.

It’s like watching the Libs get all butt hurt when they don’t get their way. It’s just a message board bud. Calm down and step away for the day.

Good grief.

Settle down sweetie. You’re getting worked up waaay too much.

It’s like watching the Libs get all butt hurt when they don’t get their way. It’s just a message board bud. Calm down and step away for the day.

Good grief.

That's all you got? Lib? [laughing] Damn son, you hit like a 6 year old morphodite with box crabs.

So it would appear the only thing in your arsenal is a lame ass political jab wrapped in a wuss reply.

Step away for the day... [roll]

Good post! My main concern is this, when we lose games early that we should win,and have to play a tough SEC this year, it hurts our seeding, and I don't think any team seeded worse that 4-5 has won the natty, so if we go in seeded worse than 4-5 not likely we win the natty,and that is what I want to see each year. I realize we will NOT win it each year, but at least we should have a chance. Losing these early games is hurting our chances, no matter who is to blame,even if nobody is to blame.

He took over a program in probation. He also was here less years than Cal. He also wasn’t loaded with nba talent all his years. He overachieved in his time here. Though he did what he was supposed to do in 96.

Since you brought up his one title... I’m guessing you’re probably one that doesn’t give Tubby credit for the title in 98 also. I’ve always been curious about those fans. Who in the hell won that title in 98?
Not too mention he has two NC compared to Cals 1.. and we all know he would of had more if he didn’t go to the league

Nope. The last 10 years have been disappointing. Allllllll that talent. Should have been at the VERY least 3
Well, IMO, (since I'm allowed to have one), we very well should have had 3 if it weren't for the Catstopper, one John Higgins. We should have beaten both Uconn and uncheat but for the egregious (and well-documented) horrendous calls by that crooked and biased POS. Anyone that can't see that is blind.

As MJ said, "The ceiling is the roof". IMO, it was a veiled reference that Higgins (the roofer) was going to clear the path for his tar holes.

Again, JMO. And I support Cal; I think he's re-inventing his team-building approach for the changes ahead and will continue to keep UK in the hunt.

Reactions: CatPhight
Nope. The last 10 years have been disappointing. Allllllll that talent. Should have been at the VERY least 3
Too bad Cal doesn’t have someone as wise as you to give him advice.

fail-hurdle.jpg
Damn I think you’re gonna need to supply a body bag after that beat down.

Reactions: CatPhight
you know who you are....

Not sure if you even realize this, but those supremely lofty expectations you have had over the last three years all stem from the domination Cal laid on all of College Basketball in the years prior. Hell, even in ‘10-‘11 we lost quite a few on the road in the SEC, but we learned a lot and finished that one out OK. ‘14, pretty much the same.

I get it, we shouldn’t lose to Alabama today. Understood. But you handful of posters here that make it miserable for everyone, get a grip.
Excellent post, bud. You're just wasting your time attempting to talk sense into some of these posters, though. They're completely out of touch with reality and there's no hope for them. None.

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Good post! My main concern is this, when we lose games early that we should win,and have to play a tough SEC this year, it hurts our seeding, and I don't think any team seeded worse that 4-5 has won the natty, so if we go in seeded worse than 4-5 not likely we win the natty,and that is what I want to see each year. I realize we will NOT win it each year, but at least we should have a chance. Losing these early games is hurting our chances, no matter who is to blame,even if nobody is to blame.
This.

It’s called the safezone. It’s where all the girls go to talk about volleyball.

It’s that way ^ ( x at the top right corner).

Haha. Clever. Cuz anyone who calls out the idiots who make moronic over the top statements—like you—are just snowflakes. That’s funny.

Maybe the truth is you are just a chicken little snowflake yourself. One who seems to have his self worth a little too tied up in UK’s success. One of those people who create these unreasonable expectations and then when they aren’t matched, lash out as loudly as possible. Ones who cry like babies after a last second loss.

Check my posts brotha—I actually jumped all over the sunshine pumpers last week who were so over the top about the two wins that they were calling out anyone with constructive criticisms. I think people who are over the top either way are annoying and certainly not helpful.

im sick of listening to people throw the "he has all that talent, he should have won more" argument as a reason for Cal being a failure. it's ridiculous, for several reasons.

1.) Cal brings that talent in, so without Cal we don't even have that talent to begin with. And 2.) Coaching a bunch of raw 18 year olds season after season to become the best team in the nation is unbelievably difficult, no matter how talented they are. They're still effing 18 for christ's sake, do you remember how much your mentality changes between the years of 18 and 22? No matter how talented you are that level of experience difference between a 22 and 18 year old will bring a lot of consistency to the table. Granted, Cal has decided to choose the stream of talent over the higher level of experience, and I'm not going to go against his judgment on that call, for the fact that we have gone to 4 FINAL FOURS in 10 years, won a championship, and went to a title game.

And the final reason is for the fact that having to win six straight games against tough opponents has a very low percentage probability rate, for any team. That in combination with the youth makes things even trickier. But I'm not going to discredit his system, because it has succeeded very well from an objective perspective, even as a kentucky fan. The main point is, anyone who feels they can justify the argument "he has all that talent, he should win more" to discredit him as the man running this program, either was born a chromosome short or has suffered traumatic brain damage.
Right on! It's the same comments I hear from IU and UL fans: He has all that talent! It's ignorant. Your post is spot-on. I suspect that several of these so-called UK fans that only post after losses are really closet IU or UL fans.

As MJ said, "The ceiling is the roof". IMO, it was a veiled reference that Higgins (the roofer) was going to clear the path for his tar holes.

this has my attention because to me this just came out of nowhere. Did I miss this as a thing?

1985 Villanova was a 8 seed and beat Georgetown for the Championship. They did it at Rupp.

Right on! It's the same comments I hear from IU and UL fans: He has all that talent! It's ignorant. Your post is spot-on. I suspect that several of these so-called UK fans that only post after losses are really closet IU or UL fans.
You usually see the same ones after every loss. Occasionally we get a brand new poster or one that hasn't posted in years suddenly post again. But their opinions are valuable also.

Sigh....This is why I stayed away from this site since the game. Should have given it another day or 2.

It’s when these guys come out; 347 division 1 teams but if we don’t win every other year, the team is a failure...

Reactions: Bigblueincincy
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT