ADVERTISEMENT

To The Anti-Cal Crew

you know who you are....

Not sure if you even realize this, but those supremely lofty expectations you have had over the last three years all stem from the domination Cal laid on all of College Basketball in the years prior. Hell, even in ‘10-‘11 we lost quite a few on the road in the SEC, but we learned a lot and finished that one out OK. ‘14, pretty much the same.

I get it, we shouldn’t lose to Alabama today. Understood. But you handful of posters here that make it miserable for everyone, get a grip.

Amen. They need to sack up. Half sound like they want a new coach. The others say they don’t but something has to change. So either they want returnees that’s are not as talented or big classes of studs. Either way we will lose a few and have to build a bit during the year.

Most people only come out during games...and the last few weeks we have only had games once a week. Not making excuses, but I have been quite vocal on how bad the team has been thus far, but the last couple of weeks with the holidays has curtailed some of my time on this board.

People are allowed to have their views. Today was a game we should have won and people are upset.

Nobody ever said that people weren't allowed to have their views. Nor am I saying that everyone with a negative view fits my description. With that said, the majority of those downers fit just perfectly. Of course there are exceptions and you very well may be one of those exceptions, however they seem to disappear when things are going well, only to bounce right on the site as soon as a loss occurs. Thats just the way most of them roll unfortunately. After the UNC win........it was crickets from those posters. After the UL win........more crickets. There were even threads posted about where they had disappeared to. Then.....BOOM!! We take it on the chin today and it's a landslide of those same ole' downers running to the site.

As much as some people keep throwing around the "it's a message board" and the "dont tell me what to say, I have freedom of speech" bullshit narrative, it's not like that at all. People are obviously entitled to their views and opinions but others are also entitled to voice their opinion when they think such opinion sucks. That's just the way it works. But that is completely irrelevant, my point is simply that whoever is the type of poster that I described earlier, has ZERO credibility. That's all. Anyone can voice their said opinion but dont go run and hide when things are looking better, only to reappear when we take one on the chin. There is no credibility for those type of posters. That's just my 2 cents and my opinion. That's all. Goodnight Y'all!

Last edited:
1 championship every 10 years is exactly what UK has done throughout history. 80 years of NCAA titles, 8 titles. This is exactly what Cal has done. How can you expect more?
well, since he's already got his championship and we shouldn't expect another one.......

you know who you are....

Not sure if you even realize this, but those supremely lofty expectations you have had over the last three years all stem from the domination Cal laid on all of College Basketball in the years prior. Hell, even in ‘10-‘11 we lost quite a few on the road in the SEC, but we learned a lot and finished that one out OK. ‘14, pretty much the same.

I get it, we shouldn’t lose to Alabama today. Understood. But you handful of posters here that make it miserable for everyone, get a grip.

Mmm maybe if your 20 yrs old. I can remember a time when if you lost 6-8 games in a season you had a piss poor team.

Sounds great...but don't tell us to stop posting if we disagree with the sunshine pumper crowd. If you don't like the thread topic, don't open it and then get bent out of shape.

Lol, why are you so defensive? I said people are allowed to voice whatever opinions they want. And I actually quite enjoyed the topic of this thread.

Oh I understand alright. In your eyes, the history of Kentucky basketball is one giant failure. Only 8 times has this awful program met your expectations.

Also only one team has every done it more times than us. If I remember correctly it's been a minute since they did that with one cheating ass coach. Did it 10 out of 12 straight years. 10 titles only missing in 66 and 74. Impressive, but WTF? Was before my time, but I have heard stories how he was a cheat. I would hope so to win it 10 out of 12 years. Anyway have to knock some dust off that last trophy in 95, 24 years ago.

Really when you look at true blue bloods and some linked in there with their history are we really in that bad a spot? Remember a lot of these coaches were there a lot longer than 10 years and took more than 3 years to win one. Don't get me wrong I think we should have 2 titles right now min.. 3 were very possible so it isn't ideal.

Last title:

UCLA 1995=24 years ago.
Dook 2015=4 years ago (Our trophy)
KU 2008=11 years ago.
Mich St. 2000=19 years ago.
UNC 2017=2 years ago (Screw call)
IU 1987=32 years ago.
KY 2012=7 years ago.
We are still within the decade of our last title. Only 2 others can say that.

Throw them in for the hell of it even though they don't deserve it:
Loserville 1986= 33 years ago.

Look I want to be the best and win every dam game to, but are we really in that bad of shape with our rivals? Not making excuses, but if Whisky doesn't stew on a last second buzzer beater for a year they probably don't beat us and we flatten dook. UNCheat you all know the call ARK also got hosed badly the game before. Not saying we win it that year, but I love that team and the cheats should have lost twice before they made the FF. It is what it is, but there the only 2 more recent and there was a good amount of luck involved in it. As there is with any title. It has gotten very hard to win them on the regular. (Nova is an outlier who had a great team that stuck together and added great pcs.., but they are now on the down slope and who knows for how long)

Nobody ever said that people weren't allowed to have their views. Nor am I saying that everyone with a negative view fits my description. With that said, the majority of those downers fit just perfectly. Of course there are exceptions and you very well may be one of those exceptions, however they seem to disappear when things are going well, only to bounce right on the site as soon as a loss occurs. Thats just the way most of them roll unfortunately. After the UNC win........it was crickets from those posters. After the UL win........more crickets. There were even threads posted about where they had disappeared to. Then.....BOOM!! We take it on the chin today and it's a landslide of those same ole' downers running to the site.

As much as some people keep throwing around the "it's a message board" and the "dont tell me what to say, I have freedom of speech" bullshit narrative, it's not like that at all. People are obviously entitled to their views and opinions but others are also entitled to voice their opinion when they think such opinion sucks. That's just the way it works. But that is completely irrelevant, my point is simply that whoever is the type of poster that I described earlier, has ZERO credibility. That's all. Anyone can voice their said opinion but dont go run and hide when things are looking better, only to reappear when we take one on the chin. There is no credibility for those type of posters. That's just my 2 cents and my opinion. That's all. Goodnight Y'all!

Great win vs NC.
Great win vs UL.

Inexcusable loss against a terrible Alabama team and very roast worthy. I CAN have my cake and eat it too. He’s paid 8 million dollars a year to beat sh***y teams.

im sick of listening to people throw the "he has all that talent, he should have won more" argument as a reason for Cal being a failure. it's ridiculous, for several reasons.

1.) Cal brings that talent in, so without Cal we don't even have that talent to begin with. And 2.) Coaching a bunch of raw 18 year olds season after season to become the best team in the nation is unbelievably difficult, no matter how talented they are. They're still effing 18 for christ's sake, do you remember how much your mentality changes between the years of 18 and 22? No matter how talented you are that level of experience difference between a 22 and 18 year old will bring a lot of consistency to the table. Granted, Cal has decided to choose the stream of talent over the higher level of experience, and I'm not going to go against his judgment on that call, for the fact that we have gone to 4 FINAL FOURS in 10 years, won a championship, and went to a title game.

And the final reason is for the fact that having to win six straight games against tough opponents has a very low percentage probability rate, for any team. That in combination with the youth makes things even trickier. But I'm not going to discredit his system, because it has succeeded very well from an objective perspective, even as a kentucky fan. The main point is, anyone who feels they can justify the argument "he has all that talent, he should win more" to discredit him as the man running this program, either was born a chromosome short or has suffered traumatic brain damage.

Reactions: CatEye2010 and awf
Great win vs NC.
Great win vs UL.

Inexcusable loss against a terrible Alabama team and very roast worthy. I CAN have my cake and eat it too. He’s paid 8 million dollars a year to beat sh***y teams.
And this, right here. Sweet jesus. He lost one game, on the road, in conference play, in the beginning of JANUARY. Is your argument seriously that he should win every game against fringe tournament teams on the road? Im sorry that your expectations in life are completely unrealistic, that must really suck man. Hope you can work that out, hugs and kisses!

Reactions: Ben101er
its unrealistic to expect UK to beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa?

We're still talking basketball right?

And this, right here. Sweet jesus. He lost one game, on the road, in conference play, in the beginning of JANUARY. Is your argument seriously that he should win every game against fringe tournament teams on the road? Im sorry that your expectations in life are completely unrealistic, that must really suck man. Hope you can work that out, hugs and kisses!

Agree. This is my first post after the loss. Purposely did not log into RR because I knew that all the anti-Cal posters would have built up anger over not being able to post since Seton Hall, and now they would come out in force and with a vengeance. These guys will never be happy, because no matter who is coach, if they cannot go undefeated and win a NC every year, they know more than the coach does. Or is it that they want to run off Cal so that we really suck and they can go back and gloat on their own board? Whatever it is, this bunch, and their agenda, gets old. If you hate Cal and UK basketball so much, and you are so unhappy, just don't log in, don't watch the games, and wait until Cal retires. Simple as that.

Great win vs NC.
Great win vs UL.

I thought you only cared about titles.

What kind of fantasy land do you live in, where you think that National Championships are won easily. I don't understand this mentality.
giphy-downsized.gif
Bravo. Some people think we are like Alabama football. They are the Gold Standard, we pretend to be but are far from it. We are an also ran in basketball and you should be commended for recognizing that.. Alabama football is anything but an also ran. John Calipari is not Nick Saban.

Bravo. Some people think we are like Alabama football. They are the Gold Standard, we pretend to be but are far from it. We are an also ran in basketball and you should be commended for recognizing that.. Alabama football is anything but an also ran. John Calipari is not Nick Saban.
In a 1 game elimination tournament, I’d say the better team wins like 65% in basketball but in football, I’d say it’s closer to 90%.

Lot more variables in a 40 minute basketball game imo.

There should not be an anti Cal crowd. The guy is one of the best coaches in the game, runs a strong program, and gives back like crazy. People tend to forget how variable sports actually can be... if you changed exactly four inches from any close game, maybe an inch per shot, you’d change the outcome completely. Gotta always keep that in mind. If you start to lose game after game by 20, start to worry.

you know who you are....

:clap::clap::clap::clap:.........

Reactions: BlueWorldOrder74
Agree. This is my first post after the loss. Purposely did not log into RR because I knew that all the anti-Cal posters would have built up anger over not being able to post since Seton Hall, and now they would come out in force and with a vengeance. These guys will never be happy, because no matter who is coach, if they cannot go undefeated and win a NC every year, they know more than the coach does. Or is it that they want to run off Cal so that we really suck and they can go back and gloat on their own board? Whatever it is, this bunch, and their agenda, gets old. If you hate Cal and UK basketball so much, and you are so unhappy, just don't log in, don't watch the games, and wait until Cal retires. Simple as that.

No...you're wrong.

People are out in force because this is not a game that we should have lost...PERIOD. Alabama is not a good team and will more than likely not end up with a winning record in the SEC.

We have had two great games and then to turn around and have this clunker - I can easily see why lots of people are pissed. It's not like the players are in school. Cal has all the time he needs to get these kids ready for this game and they came out flat and allowed a crappy Alabama team to hang with us. We had a chance in the first half to put Alabama away and we couldn't.

And I am so tired of some opposing player having the shooting night of his life against us. It's unbelievable Cal and his coaches still don't know how to quickly identify this and quickly put a stop to it.

Yesterday was a very frustrating and disappointing day. People are upset and I am not surprised others choose to put their heads in the sand after such a terrible game.

No one was complaining in 2012...GTFO with that BS argument.

No one wants Cal gone, but he is not above criticism either. He needs to step up his game. The guy is paid a ton of money and is not as successful as his upper echelon peers - Coach K, Droopy-Dog and Jay Wright.

Cal is not paid to lose to Kansas State...with a week's worth of preparation.

If you hate criticism of Cal so much, and you are so unhappy because people have a different opinion than you after a terrible loss, just don't log in and click on a thread criticizing Cal. Simple as that. See how it goes both ways.

Like I said if this season becomes like last year and next year is more of the same cals gonna get the ax or he’s gonna leave for the nba which I’m pretty sure he wants to do anyway

The Wisconsin game was the beginning of the end for him here quite frankly no pun intended

Do you have the lotto numbers or maybe a stock tip......you think you can see into the future so......... surely you can provide the requested info.....Do you go off meds often.........the only scenario that I see the ax swinging is if there are NCAA infractions...............

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
Mmm maybe if your 20 yrs old. I can remember a time when if you lost 6-8 games in a season you had a piss poor team.

That's cute.........I see what you done..............why didn't you tell the whole story..........teams only played fewer games........now they are playing 34-40...............it is still about the same percentage wise......

6 Elite 8s, 4 Final Fours, 2 title game appearances, and a title aren't good enough for this guy. Says it all.
Most of Cal's accomplishments happened in the first half of his tenure when he got the top recruits and beat up on the weak SEC. The last 3.5 years we have been bounced in the second round, S16, to Clappy and Bruce freakin' Weber (without their best player), are 12-12 vs ranked teams, have had a 4 game losing streak, a 9 loss season, an 11 loss season and this one will be 10+ losses and another bad seed. We are trending downward.

Most of Cal's accomplishments happened in the first half of his tenure when he got the top recruits and beat up on the weak SEC. The last 3.5 years we have been bounced in the second round, S16, to Clappy and Bruce freakin' Weber (without their best player), are 12-12 vs ranked teams, have had a 4 game losing streak, a 9 loss season, an 11 loss season and this one will be 10+ losses and another bad seed. We are trending downward.

and the program has developed a narrative to support it - which I think is more disturbing than the actual results.

when Tubby was here say post 2003 - not sure when exactly (probably after the Penn St game at Rupp..only half joking there), I made no qualms about wanting him gone. Mostly because I felt his work ethic as a coach had slipped noticeably. We weren't getting his best effort which this job demands from any coach.

That isn't the case with Cal. I still believe he is one of, if not the hardest working coach in College Basketball

I just think his , if you want to frame it in terms of a business, mission statement has changed to where winning a national championship is - well at best - ancillary - to his players first mentality.

I'm sure he 100% believes he can support both, but I don't think the results bear that out.

Last edited:
Reactions: seccats04
you know who you are....

You’re a solid poster and I respect you, but we haven’t exactly been dominating college basketball. In fact, we’re probably the 4th best team in our conference. It’s not this year, we really haven’t been a factor since 2015. Even that year we were lucky to even get to the Final Four. Notre Dame had us dead to rights in the Regional Finals.

Now, I’m still a believer that we haven’t come close to seeing the best from this team yet, but we sure as hell aren’t dominating anything.

Cal has done a really good job here, probably better than most could have with all things considered. That being said, let’s not kid ourselves. He does some things that even his Wife has to sometimes shake her head over.

Cal is not above criticism. Nobody is above criticism.

Reactions: crpoore
You’re a solid poster and I respect you, but we haven’t exactly been dominating college basketball. In fact, we’re probably the 4th best team in our conference. It’s not this year, we really haven’t been a factor since 2015. Even that year we were lucky to even get to the Final Four. Notre Dame had us dead to rights in the Regional Finals.

Now, I’m still a believer that we haven’t come close to seeing the best from this team yet, but we sure as hell aren’t dominating anything.

Cal has done a really good job here, probably better than most could have with all things considered. That being said, let’s not kid ourselves. He does some things that even his Wife has to sometimes shake her head over.

Cal is not above criticism. Nobody is above criticism.

I was merely pointing out that due to Cals first 3 years here, some “fans” have expectations that are out of control. I appreciate the response, well thought out and on point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT