ADVERTISEMENT

To The Anti-Cal Crew

this has my attention because to me this just came out of nowhere. Did I miss this as a thing?
It was a weird, weird quote that at the time meant nothing to most people. It was a mysterious thing to say, and was pretty much dismissed as such. I've read some posts about it on here, but it pretty much went away. I think KSR had a little talk about it too.

That's all you got? Lib? [laughing] Damn son, you hit like a 6 year old morphodite with box crabs.

So it would appear the only thing in your arsenal is a lame ass political jab wrapped in a wuss reply.

Step away for the day... [roll]

When people have nothing to rebuttal with, they usually go to 'calm down'. It's a classic deflect.

Reactions: kat57 and CatPhight
Good post! My main concern is this, when we lose games early that we should win,and have to play a tough SEC this year, it hurts our seeding, and I don't think any team seeded worse that 4-5 has won the natty, so if we go in seeded worse than 4-5 not likely we win the natty,and that is what I want to see each year. I realize we will NOT win it each year, but at least we should have a chance. Losing these early games is hurting our chances, no matter who is to blame,even if nobody is to blame.

I agree, and that is why I say that everyone hates to lose, especially against someone you probably should beat. However, Cal has a .909 winning % against Bama, and it is unrealistic to think that they are never going to beat us, especially in Tuscaloosa. I just think that a lot of these folks that get on here and have a tirade, are doing so just to let us know how much they think they know about basketball, and trust me, they have. Losing sucks, and as much as we, as fans, hate it, Cal and the players hate it that much more. These guys coming on here and throwing a fit will not add one point to the scoreboard or make one defensive stop. The only thing it might accomplish is that it may keep a recruit from signing with UK because he doesn't want to put up with this kind of nonsense. And you know what, I am not convinced that this is not the result these guys want, because they are either not fans and want us to lose, or they want us to have inferior talent so that they can come on here and gripe some more.

Don’t think anyone wants Cal gone, I sure don’t. Maybe we were spoiled the first 4 years, but how much mileage does Cal get for those 4 years? We just want a better product and a chance for a title.

There’s a sensible answer to this really. NOBODY back then but Cal thought you could win a NC with mainly young talent. So there really wasn’t a program besides ours doing it. 2012 opened the flood gates when we won it and now everyone is doing it. Yes we went from great to very good but the other problem was Cal wasn’t letting AAU money buy his players for him. I’ll take what we we got right now without being known as a cheater. Jmo

There’s a sensible answer to this really. NOBODY back then but Cal thought you could win a NC with mainly young talent. So there really wasn’t a program besides ours doing it. 2012 opened the flood gates when we won it and now everyone is doing it. Yes we went from great to very good but the other problem was Cal wasn’t letting AAU money buy his players for him. I’ll take what we we got right now without being known as a cheater. Jmo

And a 5-9, bad So Carolina team went to Florida and upset them. The SEC is not the way it was 7-8 years ago when you had only a couple of teams you worried about. Anyone can beat anyone else on a given day, especially on the road. Cal's .909 winning % against Bama is probably better than any other team's record against them. Just no way you are going to win every game against them. These folks who want to raise cane every time we happen to lose, have agendas. Point out deficiencies where we need to improve, sure. But, to get on here and spew the stuff they do does no good. If it did, we would never lose a game with the stuff they post.

If you don't like Cal you don't like the program as he is head coach.
I hope Ky BB gets to keep Cal as coach for 10 years after rat face is gone.

Reactions: KyFaninNC
Not implicated by the NCAA at any time. Pitino was implicated by the FBI!!!
No I agree.. Cal just can hide it a lil better.. or leaves programs just in time. Either way love them both but believe Pitino would of gave us another title.. in fact he did (The on Tubby claimed)

Isn’t this kentuckiddy guy the one that was making threads last year bitching (imagine that) about losing a game before the game was over.....

And we came back and won?

West Virginia I believe.

I seriously can’t imagine a more miserable person. I imagine he is the guy who goes out to eat alone because who in their right mind would willingly spend time with this miserable, know it all sad sack, and orders a steak. He starts complaining that the steak won’t be any good before he even orders. If the waiter didn’t show up as soon as he sits down he is complaining. If his drink is half empty and the waiter doesn’t bring him another drink immediately he is complaining. Gets his steak, which I’m sure always takes too long for his liking, and even though it is cooked perfectly it doesn’t fit his idea of medium-rare so he complains. He sends it back. He finally gets it back after huffing and puffing for 5 more minutes and it comes out just as he would like it but finds a reason to complain anyways because, of course, he has to make sure everyone knows they don’t meet his standards. Eats his steak. Finds a “hair” in his baked potato. Wants his meal comped. Walks out paying nothing, tipping like 2%. Then tells everyone who, unfortunately, couldnt avoid talking to him no matter how hard they tried, how horrible that restaurant is for the next 3 weeks.

People cringe when they see him come.
Waiters cringe when they see him sit in their section.
Co workers cringe when they have to interact with him.
We cringe every time he posts.

Isn’t this kentuckiddy guy the one that was making threads last year bitching (imagine that) about losing a game before the game was over.....

West Virginia I believe.

I seriously can’t imagine a more miserable person. I imagine he is the guy who goes out to eat alone because who in their right mind would willingly spend time with this miserable, know it all sad sack, and orders a steak. He starts complaining that the steak won’t be any good before he even orders. If the waiter didn’t show up as soon as he sits down he is complaining. If his drink is half empty and the waiter doesn’t bring him another drink immediately he is complaining. Gets his steak, which I’m sure always takes too long for his liking, and even though it is cooked perfectly it doesn’t fit his idea of medium-rare so he complains. He sends it back. He finally gets it back after huffing and puffing for 5 more minutes and it comes out just as he would like it but finds a reason to complain anyways because, of course, he has to make sure everyone knows they don’t meet his standards. Eats his steak. Finds a “hair” in his baked potato. Wants his meal comped. Walks out paying nothing, tipping like 2%. Then tells everyone who, unfortunately, couldnt avoid talking to him no matter how hard they tried, how horrible that restaurant is for the next 3 weeks.

Earlier today he said he was going to play golf. Likely by himself; unless he pays guys to play with him. Wonder how many clubs he breaks a round? I'm taking the over at 4.

He's a contrarian, fancies himself a debater. What a miserable life.

West Virginia I believe.

Haha. That’s literally the dumbest post I’ve ever read. Wow. You have way too much time on your hands.

If I could only tell you how good my life is.

You wouldn’t believe it.

Earlier today he said he was going to play golf. Likely by himself; unless he pays guys to play with him. Wonder how many clubs he breaks a round? I'm taking the over at 4.

He's a contrarian, fancies himself a debater. What a miserable life.

Second round this weekend. :sunglasses:

Glad you missed me.

Said it before and say it again.

It ALL about championships to me. Period. Do you understand?
Are you mad because people won't let you state you idiotic opinion. As a matter of fact you have stated that ridiculous opinion and people have told you that your perfectly allowed opinion is stupid No problems

Are you mad because people won't let you state you idiotic opinion. As a matter of fact you have stated that ridiculous opinion and people have told you that your perfectly allowed opinion is stupid No problems

I’m never mad son. That’s the difference between me and you. I will literally lay this phone down and not look at again until I’m ready. I have business to handle through the week and golf to play on the weekends. Good luck.

I’m never mad son. That’s the difference between me and you. I will literally lay this phone down and not look at again until I’m ready. I have business to handle through the week and golf to play on the weekends. Good luck.
Good luck with ?

No...you're wrong.

People are out in force because this is not a game that we should have lost...PERIOD. Alabama is not a good team and will more than likely not end up with a winning record in the SEC.

We have had two great games and then to turn around and have this clunker - I can easily see why lots of people are pissed. It's not like the players are in school. Cal has all the time he needs to get these kids ready for this game and they came out flat and allowed a crappy Alabama team to hang with us. We had a chance in the first half to put Alabama away and we couldn't.

And I am so tired of some opposing player having the shooting night of his life against us. It's unbelievable Cal and his coaches still don't know how to quickly identify this and quickly put a stop to it.

Yesterday was a very frustrating and disappointing day. People are upset and I am not surprised others choose to put their heads in the sand after such a terrible game.

No one was complaining in 2012...GTFO with that BS argument.

No one wants Cal gone, but he is not above criticism either. He needs to step up his game. The guy is paid a ton of money and is not as successful as his upper echelon peers - Coach K, Droopy-Dog and Jay Wright.

Cal is not paid to lose to Kansas State...with a week's worth of preparation.

If you hate criticism of Cal so much, and you are so unhappy because people have a different opinion than you after a terrible loss, just don't log in and click on a thread criticizing Cal. Simple as that. See how it goes both ways.

I don't think anyone is saying Cal shouldn't be criticized. I completely disagree with his decision to take timeouts home with him when hes playing freshmen point guards to take the ball up the court with 10-15 seconds left. But I think the people the above poster is referring to is the people that completely lose their minds when we lose a game on the road in the SEC, calling Cal a disappointment. Because news flash, everyone in the country loses games on the road in conference play against lesser opponents. Duke, UNC, Kansas. They all do.

Yet, we still win an SEC regular season title roughly every other year, and the last 4 SEC tournaments. Fans act like this loss is indicative of a trend of underperforming in the SEC, which is ludicrous considering those numbers. In truth, this loss is indicative of what happens to every elite team in the country, regardless of how good they are, and this SINGULAR game should be no reason for anyone to criticize the man to the degree with which they are criticizing him.

Too often the response to criticism is "You're anti Cal...Look what he's done..."

This is not a valid rebuttal to critique and concern in the present. Nobody is critiquing title or deep run years.

Nobody is "Anti Cal" whatever that means, but plenty of folks don't like poor basketball.

Being upset after a loss and expressing concern for some recent trends is the right of every fan.

The title and finale four runs do nothing for a blowout loss to Duke, a loss to Seaton Hall nor Alabama. What's happening now needs to be what we're concerned with.

Fatigue with the training wheels basketball for 3/4 of the season is really setting in with a lot of folks as well. The reasonable among us know that final fours and titles every year is unrealistic, but this culture/system Cal has where he basically has a new roster every 9-18 months is absolutely exhausting and he's wearing himself out with it.

It's not about deep tournament runs right now or the past couple years so much as it's about stability and consistency. If we're not going to cut down those nets, fine, let's have a couple years where I can name everyone and we don't have to watch Cal teach basketball live during games for 3 months.

Last edited:
I can't wait until this team follows suit to the past 3 years, when we rip of 8/9, 11 in a row, or 10/12 to end the year and we finish with about 7-8 losses and everyone shuts the hell up

Too often the response to criticism is "You're anti Cal...Look what he's done..."

This is not a valid rebuttal to critique and concern in the present. Nobody is critiquing title or deep run years.

Nobody is "Anti Cal" whatever that means, but plenty of folks don't like poor basketball.

Being upset after a loss and expressing concern for some recent trends is the right of every fan.

The title and finale four runs do nothing for a blowout loss to Duke, a loss to Seaton Hall nor Alabama. What's happening now needs to be what we're concerned with.

Fatigue with the training wheels basketball for 3/4 of the season is really setting in with a lot of folks as well. The reasonable among us know that final fours and titles every year is unrealistic, but this culture/system Cal has where he basically has a new roster every 9-18 months is absolutely exhausting and he's wearing himself out with it.

It's not about deep tournament runs right now or the past couple years so much as it's about stability and consistency. If we're not going to cut down those nets, fine, let's have a couple years where I can name everyone and we don't have to watch Cal teach basketball live during games for 3 months.

Such a great post. Spot on!

I can't wait until this team follows suit to the past 3 years, when we rip of 8/9, 11 in a row, or 10/12 to end the year and we finish with about 7-8 losses and everyone shuts the hell up

I truly hope that comes to fruition.

Haha. That’s literally the dumbest post I’ve ever read. Wow. You have way too much time on your hands.

If I could only tell you how good my life is.

You wouldn’t believe it.

It’s just really easy to vividly imagine how miserable of a person you are as every time you post it only reinforces that notion.

And yes, it’s a lazy Sunday. Plenty of time to sit around and ponder all the other ways, besides talking basketball, that you plainly suck as a human.

Reactions: CatEye2010
It’s just really easy to vividly imagine how miserable of a person you are as every time you post it only reinforces that notion.

And yes, it’s a lazy Sunday. Plenty of time to sit around and ponder all the other ways, besides talking basketball, that you plainly suck as a human.
You taking Gods place in judgement?

Son, you are waaaaay too serious about all this. Time to step away from your phone pal.

Wow. Just wow

Calling someone a terrible human because of message board posts says more about the accuser than it does about the accused, and no, he is not God.

If he only knew how excellent my life really is. I couldn’t care less about all this and his opinion of me. Great job, family. I’m truly blessed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT