ADVERTISEMENT

Time to say on Edwards

Would love to see it finally click for Edwards but his horrible play at the start of the 2nd half is what let MSU back in the game. On one play, he just lost control of the ball on a weak dribble and turned it over. Cal immediately pulled him out and he didn't come back in until under 4 and the game over. Cal might be finally done with the experiment and I honestly don't blame him if so.

Edwards is a total bust. Soft, no work ethic, and his conditioning isn't what you'd expect from a starting small forward at a blue blood.
I don’t agree with this. I think Edwards tries as hard as he can when he’s out there, but he seems to be burdened by expectations put on him by others. He’s supposed to be bidding for the #1 pick and he knows that, but I also think he knows that being a 2 or 3 year player would be best for his career/future. Tough spot for a young guy that seems to be a good kid.

No, for the 1,000th time and I'm sure they'll be 1,000 more, Edwards needs to keep playing, and hopefully have a lightbulb go off and become a great contributor to this team. He's not playing big minutes when he's struggling and not hurting the team at all, just not contributing at all either. Cal is doing the absolute right thing and not giving up on him and just parking him on the bench, that doesn't help anyone.

No, for the 1,000th time and I'm sure they'll be 1,000 more, Edwards needs to keep playing, and hopefully have a lightbulb go off and become a great contributor to this team. He's not playing big minutes when he's struggling and not hurting the team at all, just not contributing at all either. Cal is doing the absolute right thing and not giving up on him and just parking him on the bench, that doesn't help anyone.
Oh look - the obligatory Spamburger ewok driveby contrarian post.

Doesn't help anybody but the team.

Reactions: Cowtown Cat
I'll tell you this.. Edwards is not getting drafted if the NBA draft was tomorrow. If he did, it would be SOLELY because some contending team would say "screw it, why not?" with the 52nd pick or something.

If his play doesn't DRASTICALLY improve, he's either going to be back for next year, or he'll transfer.

The NBA is not an option for him right now.

I'll tell you this.. Edwards is not getting drafted if the NBA draft was tomorrow. If he did, it would be SOLELY because some contending team would say "screw it, why not?" with the 52nd pick or something.

If his play doesn't DRASTICALLY improve, he's either going to be back for next year, or he'll transfer.

The NBA is not an option for him right now.
He's gone. Klutch is representing him. They'll either call in a favor like for CL or they'll ''advise'' him to transfer. Like they did to Chris Livingston last year. Before Cal convinced him to stay.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT