Reed: 50/50
Adou: Returns
Big Z: Returns
Ugo: Returns or Transfers
Burks: Returns
Bradshaw: Transfers to USC

• Haha
Reactions: UKMKG and jrpross
If Cal leaves so will every player and future recruit outside of maybe Travis Perry. I think more fans should understand this, (not saying you fall in that category).
Odds that Cal leaves this year are very slim. Now if this team craps out this season and we have another underper performing year it could be possible after next season.

As irritated as I get with Cal people need to be careful what they ask for. Most likely the new hire won't perform any better. (Not counting the 9-16 season) There aren't many coaches we could hire that will move that needle and get us to wear fans will expect them to get. It would be the same old song and dance and with less talent.

Why would AB transfer to USC?
Bronny's not going to be there.
Enfield may not be there.
UK or NBA.
Well a mock draft has dropped Bronny out of the draft completely. Not that I put a ton of stock in those things. His daddy didn't really like that.

Makes no sense because he would make double assuming he's a lottery pick.
If he's a lottery pick it makes sense if you think he'd basically decide that making like a million dollars and being at UK for another year means more to him than $6 million playing in the NBA does. If it's just purely a money decision than it doesn't make sense, but you only get to be a UK basketball player once. Maybe he thinks chasing legendary UK status is worth more than the lottery salary would be.

Thiero, Burks, and Onyenso return.

Sheppard might come back, because he and his family bleed blue and are probably in no hurry for him to leave Kentucky. You are only truly a college student once in your life. And once he leaves, he’ll never wear Kentucky blue again. That will be a factor. I think he would have to be a lottery lock to leave.

The rest are gone to the NBA. Hart probably transfers.

Hopefully we sign Jasper Johnson.

Sheppard, Fland, Johnson, Thiero, and Onyenso start with Quaintance as sixth man. Burks, Richmond, Perry, and Cyril in reserve. Might sign a portal guy as well. Maybe Reynolds(St. Joe’s) or White(UNC-W).

If Sheppard leaves, then it’s the same old song and dance, we struggle all season, we get a 4-7 seed, and fold in the first weekend of the tourney.

The season hinges on Shep coming back.

Reactions: KFuqua and deep3
I’ve hit many different pipes and I can see him returning after every one of them. He isn’t a Lottery pick, that’s is what they say, just like Boston in the 1st round. I really see Reed returning, he needs to get stronger, improve his defense and offense.
Reed is a lot better than Boston was, and in other drafts I agree Reed might not be a lottery pick, but this draft is terrible so I think Reed ends up a lottery pick

Thiero, Burks, and Onyenso return.

Sheppard might come back, because he and his family bleed blue and are probably in no hurry for him to leave Kentucky. You are only truly a college student once in your life. And once he leaves, he’ll never wear Kentucky blue again. That will be a factor. I think he would have to be a lottery lock to leave.

The rest are gone to the NBA. Hart probably transfers.

Hopefully we sign Jasper Johnson.

Sheppard, Fland, Johnson, Thiero, and Onyenso start with Quaintance as sixth man. Burks, Richmond, Perry, and Cyril in reserve. Might sign a portal guy as well. Maybe Reynolds(St. Joe’s) or White(UNC-W).

If Sheppard leaves, then it’s the same old song and dance, we struggle all season, we get a 4-7 seed, and fold in the first weekend of the tourney.

The season hinges on Shep coming back.
Sheppard comes back or they have to get a reclass, or they have to get the best PG in the portal along with a scorer. This offseason is going to be one of the most interesting ones in the calipari area

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
If he's a lottery pick it makes sense if you think he'd basically decide that making like a million dollars and being at UK for another year means more to him than $6 million playing in the NBA does. If it's just purely a money decision than it doesn't make sense, but you only get to be a UK basketball player once. Maybe he thinks chasing legendary UK status is worth more than the lottery salary would be.
Right only way he comes back assuming he's projected top 14 is if emotions have something to do with it.

Reed is ranked to high to come back. Whether he wants to come back or not he just has to go.

As for Z, if he's not picked in the first round on potential then those GM's who didn't pick him might lose their jobs at some point. He's gone too.

Last edited:
For next season this is how I think it’ll play out for players returning

Rob, DJ, Reeves, Edwards: NBA
Reed is zero.

He'd be a fool to come back to this sh**show of a coach who benches him because he plays favorites, and especially since Reed will be a lottery pick.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Odds that Cal leaves this year are very slim. Now if this team craps out this season and we have another underper performing year it could be possible after next season.

As irritated as I get with Cal people need to be careful what they ask for. Most likely the new hire won't perform any better. (Not counting the 9-16 season) There aren't many coaches we could hire that will move that needle and get us to wear fans will expect them to get. It would be the same old song and dance and with less talent.
So you think there aren’t many coaches that could win the SEC regular season OR the SEC tournament at Kentucky? How about getting a 1 seed in the ncaa tournament? Getting to a final 4 ? How about getting past the first weekend? That’s what we’ve been getting with Calipari . Past history says you are wrong.

Last edited:
So you think there aren’t many coaches that could win the SEC regular season OR the SEC tournament at Kentucky? How about getting a 1 seed in the ncaa tournament? Getting to a final 4 ? How about getting past the first weekend? That’s what we’ve been getting with Calipari . Past history says you are wrong.
Available coaches we could get and they do that in the first 3 years? Nope. Definitely not in the first year.

There was once a day when guys who would have went in the lotto came back.
I think it’s possible that Shep does. Not saying he will. I think it’s about 50/50. Maybe slightly better. There are still some things that money can’t buy.

Antonio, Reed, DJ, Justin, AB, Z, Rob, Ugo are all gone. Just try and enjoy this team and ignore Cal. I dont even want to think about next year. Whoever comes back and whoever the freshman are won't even touch this year's talent. Enjoy it.

Cal is not going to leave Kentucky this year and there are many reasons other than the big money he makes at Kentucky. Cal will not leave Kentucky on this bad stretch the last 4-5 seasons and run to another team. This is not who Cal is and we all know that and we know he will stay here and try to get this turnaround at Kentucky. If he would leave now he would look more like a failure and all talks would be what he done in the last 4-5 seasons. Cal is not that kind of a competitor and he will stick around if it does take until 2029 to try and get this back to Kentucky standards. Cal has been hearing this criticism from some of the fanbase every since the loss to Wisconsin in the final four. He will continue to listen to criticism, take his $9 million + a season and finish at Kentucky. I continue to hear from some of the fans just like in this post that most recruits and players will go elsewhere if Cal leaves UK. Cal will always have a Top 3 or Top 5 Recruiting Class and Cal is a too big of a competitor to leave a position on a negative side especially how the last 4-5 seasons have been at UK. He will not leave this legacy he has built at 3 schools UMASS, Memphis, and now at UK to just leave because of some of the fanbase is unhappy. He will be here until 2029 and probably even longer after that at Kentucky with his Ambassador title after retirement. Its a perfect setup for any Head Coach at any of the Top Schools. You have Barnhart to thank for this contract after the year when all the UCLA talk was going on about Cal leaving UK. He is not leaving Kentucky anytime soon with his contract numbers, the recruiting he has at UK, and there are still plenty of the Fans at Kentucky that wants Cal to stay at UK.

Well a mock draft has dropped Bronny out of the draft completely. Not that I put a ton of stock in those things. His daddy didn't really like that.
Lol, both he and his daddy are clowns. Maybe Daddy Bron needs to shut the hell up and let is son EARN IT instead of trying to convince the mock draft writers to GIVE IT. His son is the issue :)

Reed is zero.

He'd be a fool to come back to this sh**show of a coach who benches him because he plays favorites, and especially since Reed will be a lottery pick.
If UK exits early from the tourney I want to be fly on the wall as Cal tries to explain with a straight face why Reed didn't get more playing time or start. Imagine the storm if Reed said he wanted to transfer. Yikes.

For next season this is how I think it’ll play out for players returning

Rob, DJ, Reeves, Edwards: NBA
False. I hear Bradshaw is a UCLA guy and he hates USC.
Good luck with those predictions

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT