ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts on Jay Bilas?

2wacfk.jpg

He's crying because Dook got Mich St as a 2 in that cakewalk of a region. We have the SEC and Big 12 champs as our 5 and 6 seed. The Midwest is loaded with UNC, UK, HOU, KU, AUB, Iowa ST, Wofford, SH and Utah ST. Midwest, West, South than way down is the easiest in the East. I would have done backflips to get the South. TN has no one in their path but a Virginia team that is known for choking, but TN does that too LOL.

He's crying because Dook got Mich St as a 2 in that cakewalk of a region. We have the SEC and Big 12 champs as our 5 and 6 seed. The Midwest is loaded with UNC, UK, HOU, KU, AUB, Iowa ST, Wofford, SH and Utah ST. Midwest, West, South than way down is the easiest in the East. I would have done backflips to get the South. TN has no one in their path but a Virginia team that is known for choking, but TN does that too LOL.
It doesn't matter that UNC, Kansas, Auburn, and Utah State are all in the Midwest. Kentucky can only possibly face one of them, and that's in the Elite 8. By the time the Elite 8 games come around, every opponent is going to be a tough out anyways. And UK can only face one of Iowa State and Houston.

Reactions: bishop3006
It doesn't matter that UNC, Kansas, Auburn, and Utah State are all in the Midwest. Kentucky can only possibly face one of them, and that's in the Elite 8. By the time the Elite 8 games come around, every opponent is going to be a tough out anyways. And UK can only face one of Iowa State and Houston.
I know it just sucks they wasted so many good teams in 1 region because I think a lot of these teams could upset others in different regions instead of all being placed together.

Reactions: wildcatsboston1984
Vol fan here. He is such an ACC Schoomzer.
Bilas is the uncle that shows up at thanksgiving is the fancy car with the fancy cloths and precedes to let everyone there he is the smartest guy in the room. Buts in on every conversation, knows the answer to every question and know something about every subject. And when dinners over and he leaves everyone is happy.

Bilas is the uncle that shows up at thanksgiving is the fancy car with the fancy cloths and precedes to let everyone there he is the smartest guy in the room. Buts in on every conversation, knows the answer to every question and know something about every subject. And when dinners over and he leaves everyone is happy.
hHs5ezn.gif

There was a time a few years back when I considered Jay Bilas the best college basketball commentator in the business. He always had good takes. He was always honest. He was willing to buck the talking points of the majority if need be, in order to give an honest and refreshing perspective.

But as the years have passed, he has slipped from that pedestal in my mind. It's not so much about any negative toward UK, but the thing that turns me off at this point is the nonstop ACC and Duke bias. He's all in and seems to be unwilling to even attempt to hide his bias. He seems to have fallen in with my contention that journalism is dead. I really hate it, too, because I really liked his commentary 90% of the time in those days.

There was a time a few years back when I considered Jay Bilas the best college basketball commentator in the business. He always had good takes. He was always honest. He was willing to buck the talking points of the majority if need be, in order to give an honest and refreshing perspective.

But as the years have passed, he has slipped from that pedestal in my mind. It's not so much about any negative toward UK, but the thing that turns me off at this point is the nonstop ACC and Duke bias. He's all in and seems to be unwilling to even attempt to hide his bias. He seems to have fallen in with my contention that journalism is dead. I really hate it, too, because I really liked his commentary 90% of the time in those days.
When he completely kissed UNCHeats ass and refused to admit they cheated was when I said well he's showing his true colors . As you said now he doesn't try to hide it anymore, that's one of the reason I don't watch ESPN , except when Kentucky is playing. He actually makes me sick the way he goes on and on about that pampered ass program and that Rat Faced Bastard Coach

You have an annoying uncle.

never have been able to stomach the prick. Have no clue why anyone thought he was ever tolerable. Nothing more than Billy Packer in business class. Better manager of program miles for more frequent upgrades. Very little difference between the two. Better vocabulary.

V-Jay Jay Bias could have decided to stay in the business he is in, using his logic and intelligence to look at the sport of college basketball, and make rational and well-informed observations in order to better the sport. HE HAD that chance. What has happened since they gave him the numero UNO spot to put his spin on anything and everything in CBB, he has shown that he :

1) Sold out
2) If not always, now he allows his east coast Bias and ACC (primarily Duke and UNC***) shades to never come off, and works non-stop and tirelessly to put down anyone or anything else that doesn't fit that media-driven agenda.

Which means he was inevitably going to turn on UK by siding with all the other East Coast writers and press, in the fact that UK has a better overall profile, in fact, THE NUMBER ONE profile in the sport of college basketball.

Now, he is a faceless, meaningless pile of crap shovelling his drivel out there everytime they cart him out in front of the cameras to say anything.

I've LONG since ignored ESPN and stopped watching ALL broadcasts with these douchbags that do nothing to enhance the sport. Their opinion means nothing in the long term because they all absolutely cannot see beyond the east coast when it comes to the sport of basketball.

A few years back, when the Big East had all those teams to make the tournament, they fell flat on their collective faces. I REALLY hope the same thing happens this year to the almighty ACC. I think it will, personally. They have nowhere to go but DOWN. All three ACC teams WILL NOT make the Final Four, even with all the help they have been the recipient of this year.

Bottom line : UK fans HATE him as well as anything else that has to do with Duke. Always have, always will.

Reactions: wildcatwelder
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT