ADVERTISEMENT

The propaganda has started. Bet he’s coming back

I do think it may be frosty tips for real. If that turned out to be true I’d crack up. His story is crazy.
Oh man if it is. Look out! He was on another forum, Wildcats Thunder I used to post on before it shut down and he got banned there. Came back with the username chickengeorge. Between him and that old Greg Hoover. Those 2 are full of it.

Oh man if it is. Look out! He was on another forum, Wildcats Thunder I used to post on before it shut down and he got banned there. Came back with the username chickengeorge. Between him and that old Greg Hoover. Those 2 are full of it.
Didn’t Greg follow him to his site? Or was that a different Greg, I thought a mod there or insider was named GreginNJ or something. It’s been a long time though, could be crossing memories.

Reactions: kybloo92
Didn’t Greg follow him to his site? Or was that a different Greg, I thought a mod there or insider was named GreginNJ or something. It’s been a long time though, could be crossing memories.
I'm unsure on that part. Could definitely be possible. Greg lit fires everywhere and burned so many bridges it is easy to lose track of those clowns. I do think Greg did some work for Inside Kentucky about 20 years ago.

Reactions: Fox2monk
Yup, I don’t agree with Matty Bangs a lot but I did enjoy KSR when it was coming up and the show is okay most times. I may not agree with him but he’s obviously intelligent. He did graduate from a great law school and has created a nice business for himself. Can’t argue that he’s not done a good job for himself.
Absolutely, I don't always agree with him either on much. I do like to listen for an alternative opinion during the season as much as I like reading this board. Especially until about May and then may not listen as much once we know what the roster situation will be, commits off the board and players declaring for the draft and such. Some of those summer shows can be dry.

Reactions: catben and Fox2monk
Who is "Kent"????

Is he going to be Cal's replacement when he "leaves" on his "terms"???????

I've never heard of this "Kent", but he would have to be better than Cal!!!
He's a prospective recruit they are looking at. Likes to play hero ball a little too much for my taste.

getting ready clark kent GIF by HULU

• Love
Reactions: catben
It unfortunately seems like that's what is happening. The buyout next year is just a much easier pill to swallow.

I liked SOME of the changes Cal went to last year or two: More offense, better assistants. And, of course, some things he still needs to work on. But if he wants to salvage even a fraction of the respect he once had here, he will continue to make changes for next year (Lineups, defense etc).. Maybe if we return some guys and he continues these changes, he can get us to the 2nd weekend and then he can exit stage left.
He doesn't coach to win. Why do you think that would change with another season and a weaker roster?

He flat out refused to play the three Rs together for the majority of the game. That's a losing basketball mindset, and it's totally predicated on loyalty and promises to elite freshmen - almost always at the expense of the program.

Maybe Mitch is as stubborn as Cal and knows this falls back on him and his ridiculous contract. Him and Cal both need to go.

Which is greater?
Your hate for a single individual or your love for Kentucky Basketball?
Making moves like UK is doing right now is going to turn us into Indiana if this keeps up. They better look at what happened there when they didn’t take action fast enough

I know
And I think we’re already Indiana
I hope I’m wrong but I believe he’s coming back and they are going to put out everything they can to get us all on board with it. Mitch is a wuss, any real AD would never let Calipari criticize the fans after everything he has done recently. They should be thankful that fans are still willing to travel to watch the team play even though they get their ass kicked in the champions classic, Sec tournament, and ncaa tournament.

Reactions: Bterhune and blubo
Show me Calipari's coaching tree.

I know some places you can look

The unemployment line where you'll find Kenny Payne maybe leaning against it.
The Kentucky sideline where Antigua is after he was fired from USF and had a scandal
You can find Bruiser Flint on the sideline as well.
You can find the B10 channel for Josh Pastner

Or just find out where one of Cal's dogs are. Just watch where you step.

Reactions: Blueworld_3.0
I'm not arguing! I agree! There's no difference in playing at Rupp versus anywhere else!
There is no difference since they lose if the crowd is great or not. When a coach goes 9-16 during covid we get to see how good his skills are at motivating his team.

Reactions: dl51344
I hope I’m wrong but I believe he’s coming back and they are going to put out everything they can to get us all on board with it. Mitch is a wuss, any real AD would never let Calipari criticize the fans after everything he has done recently. They should be thankful that fans are still willing to travel to watch the team play even though they get their ass kicked in the champions classic, Sec tournament, and ncaa tournament.
Unfortunately I think you're correct. Our only hope was Cal realizing he needed to step down and that's not happening. Mitch doesn't have the wherewithall to fire him. And that really pisses me off. Other schools are firing guys for similar results and we're stuck with Cal. Us fans will have to take matters in our own hands and cut off our money and support. My cousin and his family always go to the SEC tournament and he said he's not going back until Cal is gone. That's just 5 people, but how many others will choose to do the same? Let's start the boycott.

There is no difference since they lose if the crowd is great or not. When a coach goes 9-16 during covid we get to see how good his skills are at motivating his team.
Awesome! I'll just ignore the super high win rate home teams have over road teams in all sports! It's just a giant coincidence! You're right! Super riveting stuff here!

Awesome! I'll just ignore the super high win rate home teams have over road teams in all sports! It's just a giant coincidence! You're right! Super riveting stuff here!
You should pay attention to how UK performs. Remember our coach said his team was designed for March and with great crowds he still lost in the first round. To our coach tournament results and fixing generational poverty are all that matter.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: kywildcat41086
You should pay attention to how UK performs. Remember our coach said his team was designed for March and with great crowds he still lost in the first round. To our coach tournament results and fixing generational poverty are all that matter.
Oh great! What's our record at Rupp? If we have no advantage there, I agree! Let's get rid of fans! You're definitely onto something since they don't matter! Don't bring a shitty coach into this enthralling argument of yours!

Oh great! What's our record at Rupp? If we have no advantage there, I agree! Let's get rid of fans! You're definitely onto something since they don't matter! Don't bring a shitty coach into this enthralling argument of yours!
Crowds can't teach how to defend the pick and roll, the crowds can't get Rob Dillingham into a defending position, the crowds can't get the players to defend an in bounds play.

The crowds can spend thousands of dollars to be incredibly loud but just to watch their team to lose in the tournament. The coach is the problem not the crowd. Thinking the crowd can make up for the lack of fundamentals our coaches instill is glorious.

Crowds can't teach how to defend the pick and roll, the crowds can't get Rob Dillingham into a defending position, the crowds can't get the players to defend an in bounds play.

The crowds can spend thousands of dollars to be incredibly loud but just to watch their team to lose in the tournament. The coach is the problem not the crowd. Thinking the crowd can make up for the lack of fundamentals our coaches instill is glorious.
Then how are teams better at home? Just a giant coincidence! Crazy! You must be right!

Also, you're arguing something completely different than I am. I never supported Cal in any way yet you kept pushing it. Seriously weird argument.

Then how are teams better at home? Just a giant coincidence! Crazy! You must be right!

Also, you're arguing something completely different than I am. I never supported Cal in any way yet you kept pushing it. Seriously weird argument.
There are many factors why a team is better at home. The trouble is we have examples where UK has great crowds away and still loses. For you to ignore that is really weird.

There are many factors why a team is better at home. The trouble is we have examples where UK has great crowds away and still loses. For you to ignore that is really weird.
You literally created an argument out of nothing. Yes Cal can't coach we get it. Weird.

At this point let him stay and then make him so uncomfortable he quits. Boo his ass every time you see him walk out

You went after the crowd when you knew it was a coaching issue. Weird.
I talked about season tickets holders sitting on their hands which has been an issue for 30 years.

You turned it into a Cal issue and started arguing with yourself.

Obviously you aren’t familiar with his post season record.

I mean he's got 2 S16s, 2 E8s, and National title. I'm talking about reasonable hires that could actually be gets. Of course I'd love Donovan, Stevens or Wright, but assuming they all say no, who else reasonable is out there with a better resume than Drew? Pearl? LOL. Musselman? LOL. Oats? Hurley would have a mental breakdown within a year here. I mean realistically who would you say is better than Drew that UK can call tomorrow and get?

I have watched this board for years today I’d like to post as a fan. Leaders that fail, have one primary flaw… they believe the way they have always succeeded, will always work.

My mind has changed over and over since the Thursday first round loss.

Cal’s primary flaw is he puts the players over the program. It made sense to me when we were winning, great players that succeed brings the program along with them. Ok… I guess.

Problem is, the “players” and the game has changed… it’s older. Talent over experience used to matter and that’s how I would always hire people. The game today is different. Couple that with the name on the jersey and a coach that screams at them non-stop, pulls them for the slightest error, and leans into getting them into the game (when the should be on the bench) just to get them into the NBA.

I have zero doubt he cares deeply for his players, but the Kentucky brand comes with immense pressure to perform, 18 year old kids vs 24 year olds, and a coach that still thinks “Bigs” matter as much as they did 8 years ago.

It’s the “Lone Wolf” syndrome Look up that definition, that’s his relationship to the Kentucky “business”. In Business, the Wolf is fine as long as they perform. When they don’t, managers/AD can be quick to move on them.

So… right or wrong, my personal opinion is that the AD needs to have a hard conversation, lay out his expectations beyond just winning (obvious), Cal needs to be put on a “Performance Plan“ that focuses on the small stuff. If you can’t execute on the small stuff (TBD), then the big stuff (winning) stands zero chance.

As AD, I bring him back for one more run. If the small stuff changes the big stuff changes (winning), it’s a win win. Fact: we need more time to secure a coach. There are none out there imo currently. Mitch needs time to find one that can give use a good run.

My opinion, just sharing it for what it’s worth.

Reactions: wkycatfan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT