ADVERTISEMENT

For 15 years Calipari has convinced the fans that he’s bigger than Kentucky. He’s not. This is why I’m excited.

Dec 5, 2007
Lexington
For 15 years Calipari has convinced the fans that he’s bigger than Kentucky. He’s not.

Pope is the anti-Cal. He played here, won a 🏆 here. Was dying to be here. Understands the history and the tradition.

He will work tirelessly to be successful here. Cal has become lazy, complacent, stubborn and combative with his coaching, relationship with fans, media, and administration.

He turned us into an NBA factory. I never have and never will begrudge a kid from going to the league and fulfilling their dreams. They don’t owe the fans anything. They’re living beings with goals, dreams and ambition. But the culture has become if you’re not a 1 and don’t you’re a failure, so they go almost no matter what.

And what success has having all the top talent equaled anyway? ONE POST-SEASON WIN IN 5 YEARS!!

I’m excited about having players who want to be here and win here, will play hard and for the name on the front of the jersey, not always having 1 eye on the NBA.

He could not recruit almost anyone to BYU because of the culture requirements. We have dedicated $ to NIL. I think he will get a lot better talent than most of you realize at KENTUCKY. Apparently he’s already got some guys to flip.

He is ecstatic to be here and motivated. And he’s a hell of a coach that plays an extremely fun/modern style of basketball. He is an incredible person and he will engage with the fans instead of being combative and talking down to the fans.

Let’s all get behind him.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: BlazerHallsBallsN96
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT