ADVERTISEMENT

The propaganda has started. Bet he’s coming back

Woodrow_Call_1998

Senior
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2015
On Twitter you got Matt jones saying their is no better coach then Cal available, which is crazy after what’s happened recently. Then even on here you got random people that I rarely have seen on here trying to get people to buy into Cal hiring different assistants. They don’t wanna pay the buy out and got their puppets on board with trying to persuade people on social media into wanting to keep Cal around. SMH

On Twitter you got Matt jones saying their is no better coach then Cal available, which is crazy after what’s happened recently. Then even on here you got random people that I rarely have seen on here trying to get people to buy into Cal hiring different assistants. They don’t wanna pay the buy out and got their puppets on board with trying to persuade people on social media into wanting to keep Cal around. SMH
It’s because people at the sweet sixteen are talking and Barney doesn’t want to admit he was wrong. Some think he doesn’t have the nuts for it

throw up the devil GIF by absurdnoise

Ok I just read the tweet where he said we didn’t have a better option right now. Watch and see though if they start talking about firing assistants and “Cals a changed man” bullshit you know what’s up
I wouldn’t be surprised but Cal will never change and every fan knows that. A 65 year old man will never change who they are lol. There will be nothing left of this program if they allow him to return

Ok I just read the tweet where he said we didn’t have a better option right now. Watch and see though if they start talking about firing assistants and “Cals a changed man” bullshit you know what’s up
There may not be a glaringly ‘better’ option , as that’s been discussed on this board a lot . People are saying Donovan , Few, Stephens….stuff that isn’t happening. It’s gonna be someone most will feel is pretty dull and won’t excite , but that’s part of it , really . It definitely won’t be someone that gets top 3 classes , etc

So the richest man I. Kentucky hates Cal’s guts from what we are told but we can’t do a thing about it. What horseshit.

If they go that way, I'd expect an announcement or press release saying Cal's officially on the hot seat, and UK cannot accept these subpar results, Yada Yada Yada. That'll be the pressure valve release. This followed by silence from Cal, then announcements of cleaning house...

It unfortunately seems like that's what is happening. The buyout next year is just a much easier pill to swallow.

I liked SOME of the changes Cal went to last year or two: More offense, better assistants. And, of course, some things he still needs to work on. But if he wants to salvage even a fraction of the respect he once had here, he will continue to make changes for next year (Lineups, defense etc).. Maybe if we return some guys and he continues these changes, he can get us to the 2nd weekend and then he can exit stage left.

It unfortunately seems like that's what is happening. The buyout next year is just a much easier pill to swallow.

I liked SOME of the changes Cal went to last year or two: More offense, better assistants. And, of course, some things he still needs to work on. But if he wants to salvage even a fraction of the respect he once had here, he will continue to make changes for next year (Lineups, defense etc).. Maybe if we return some guys and he continues these changes, he can get us to the 2nd weekend and then he can exit stage left.
You cannot risk wasting another season on Cal, you can already be rebuilding what he has destroyed. He will never change

I respect you as a poster
But there’s no maybe if he to it
He’s done and …maybe he has early dementia or something..but he doesn’t seem to get it

He needs to go now

I wouldn’t be surprised.

I will still pull for the team to do well. I will not make UK basketball a high priority in my life or plan my evenings and weekends arounds games. I won’t be going back to Rupp (usually try to get to 2-3 games a year) or buying UK gear for the remainder of Cal’s tenure.

You cannot risk wasting another season on Cal, you can already be rebuilding what he has destroyed. He will never change

I mean I don't like it. But not sure what other choice we have. We don't seem to be in a position to do the buyout, and maybe MJ is right, and that he's not hearing a lot of options for coaching next year.

If he stays and gets to the sweet sixteen he will be here for the duration of his contract. It’s obvious it takes a monumental collapse before Barney even considers firing him. The iron is hot. BUT I will say too barney himself May be on the way out and doesn’t want to deal with it. Let the next AD. He was rumored to be retiring last year. He so spineless I can see this as an option too

Reactions: Stevo1951
I respect you as a poster
But there’s no maybe if he to it
He’s done and …maybe he has early dementia or something..but he doesn’t seem to get it

He needs to go now

Yeah I mean, we're saying two different things here. I get that he needs to go, but I don't think it's happening this year.

Honestly, I don't know why we dont do a buyout, and then just hire a cheap young coach for 2 years.. an upstart guy, kind of a longshot, for $2mil.. If it doesn't work, then we don't really lose much, and we rehire in 2 years. But, this could be a great coaching mind on the come up, who we just snagged before someone else did. It makes sense financially, too.

Or, if I was Mitch and the school.. you kind of have one final play. Incentivize the Final 4. Give Cal another Million in bonus if he can get a Final4. $2 Mil if he can win a title...

I agree that we have great assistants? but Mark Few and a couple of others are better head coaches right now.

Please link this tweet from Matt Jones. He's already went on the radio twice, and said that there needs to be a separation between Cal and this program.

I’d expect a decision to be made by tomorrow or early Monday., because Cal has his last radio show of the season and it’s going to be real awkward if nothing has been done yet. Guess we will see

I mean I don't like it. But not sure what other choice we have. We don't seem to be in a position to do the buyout, and maybe MJ is right, and that he's not hearing a lot of options for coaching next year.
They just said 24 hours ago the powers to be gave blessing to flush him and the money was lined up. Now we are back to can’t afford to fire him? They can’t afford to keep him.

Yeah I mean, we're saying two different things here. I get that he needs to go, but I don't think it's happening this year.

Honestly, I don't know why we dont do a buyout, and then just hire a cheap young coach for 2 years.. an upstart guy, kind of a longshot, for $2mil.. If it doesn't work, then we don't really lose much, and we rehire in 2 years. But, this could be a great coaching mind on the come up, who we just snagged before someone else did. It makes sense financially, too.
My apologies friend, I misread your post. Another thread had someone posting something about changing staff and getting players back, yada yada yada…sorry about that
I do agree he’s back at least next year. I’m going to miss watching basketball

I agree with your second paragraph entirely

If this clown
Ksr Shannon the dude vandy man said he thinks cal can still get it done ksr leach report two peas In a pod big time pumpers like alot on here lurking they have cal so far up their ass they can't breath

So the richest man I. Kentucky hates Cal’s guts from what we are told but we can’t do a thing about it. What horseshit.
I hate Cal as everyone knows and couldn’t bring myself to pay him 33 million.
I would buy every house around him and put convicts, drug attics, and prostitutes in all of them.
If he moved I would do it over and over.

Then I’d buy all the tickets to Rupp and let it sit empty.

Reactions: BigBlue1992

WE didn't sign that asinine contract. I didn't, you didn't.
Mitch did. Now it's Mitch's problem.
Not sure why he thinks we will believe Cal is going to change miraculously into a good coach his 15th year here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT