ADVERTISEMENT

If I was the AD

LXWildcat

Sophomore
Nov 25, 2023
Some people would say no to this but this is what I would do.

Fire Cal or hope he takes another job

If you have to buy him out then do it, let’s say we can’t afford a coach with a huge asking price. Then I would go after Pitino give him $3-4 million a year on a 3 year contract and let’s see what happens. If it doesn’t work out then it gives you enough time to find who you really want as the coach then make a move. But with Pitino you have a coach who could potentially win here still. It’s a gamble but I would absolutely do it.

But I’m not the AD and Mitch would never….. one can only imagine

Reactions: dl51344
Well, if a search committee is assembled again and seeing how Mitch has screwed up so many other contracts. Plus, never wanted Cal to begin with and the committee got him anyways. Then Barnhart might not have the influence people think he does everytime they say Mitch would never hire (insert name) as a coach.

Some people would say no to this but this is what I would do.

Fire Cal or hope he takes another job

If you have to buy him out then do it, let’s say we can’t afford a coach with a huge asking price. Then I would go after Pitino give him $3-4 million a year on a 3 year contract and let’s see what happens. If it doesn’t work out then it gives you enough time to find who you really want as the coach then make a move. But with Pitino you have a coach who could potentially win here still. It’s a gamble but I would absolutely do it.

But I’m not the AD and Mitch would never….. one can only imagine
I had actually thought about that with Pitino. Would never happen, but I'm sure we could get him for cheap and short term until we found the right guy.
If I'm the AD, I would take a look at the whole situation, not just the money. The program is rapidly sinking into obscurity. Cal has had the chance to right the ship and it's not working. The people who still support him are few and far between. The national media has recognized he's worn out his welcome here, and bars around town are having "Fire Cal" shots. It's no longer just a disgruntled few making noise. Its now pretty much the entire fanbase.

You can't bring him back with the relationship this damaged just because of money. If you do, then you've shown that money is more important than the program as a whole. Which leads to a damaged relationship between the fans and the program, which will be harder to repair in the long run.

Have some balls Mitch. Tell Cal that the program is no longer "The best version of itself" with him as the coach and it's time to move one.

Reactions: dl51344
Cal’s got to go but Pitino’s best years were in the 90s. Moving on means moving on. Not circling back 30 damn years. Find the modern iteration or you’re just wasting time with a placeholder.

If I was the AD, I would make life so miserable for CCC that he would leave on his own. No more OAD, no special treatment to any of the players. He would have an assistant coach, who will monitor each and everything he does. He will get the hint and leave on his own as fast as he can get out of town.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT