ADVERTISEMENT

The Incredible Ball Brothers

Cat Ballou

Senior
Gold Member
Mar 24, 2007
Weve all seen the impact the oldest brother Lonzo is having on college basketball this year.

His younger brother LiAngelo is a 6-5' 220 SF/2G high school senior committed to UCLA who started the season not even ranked in the Top 200 since he played C last year. He's moved Out on the perimeter this year however and started off the season however with a couple of 50+ Pt games and an incredible 72 pt outing where he hit around 13 3-pters.

Meanwhile, youngest brother LaMelo is a 6-3" sophomore PG who in a game tonight intentionally took a 3-pt shot from the mid-court line and made it. What in the hell is Daddy Ball feeding these kids? They're like the basketball version of the Williams Sisters.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/16/la...l-and-lamelo-ball-with-all-be-one-and-ledone/

I don't think the other two are going to do much on the college level

I didn't think so either, but LiAngelo is blowing up this year. He's 6'5", built like a tank and is hitting threes at an insane rate. I don't care what your level of competition is, if you can hit 13 3's in a game - you're good. Meanwhile, the younger brother LaMelo is a PG that has grown about 6 inches in the last year and is still growing and dishing out assists at the same rate as Lonzo did in high school.

LiAngelo is particularly intriguing. The guy was completely off the recruiting radar going into the season. I think he was like a two-star when he committed to UCLA, but after the way he started off the season, Meyer plans on upgrading him to a 4-star. Will be interesting to see how he does at UCLA next year.

They're like the basketball version of the Williams Sisters.

You're getting carried away. I think Lonzo will probably be the only Ball that makes an NBA impact.

Li Angelo ain't much of a long-term prospect (there's a reason the scouting services had him as such a low-rated unranked prospect). Sure, he's presently scoring a ton of points against high school competition, but he's still an overweight (that 220 lb listing is nonsense, he's clearly a lot heavier than that), short-armed, 6'5" forward with not much quickness, not much jumping ability, and slow-footed by D1 standards. He's gonna struggle defensively at the D1 level, and he's plainly not the type of prospect physically that NBA scouts are looking for.

Last edited:
I didn't think so either, but LiAngelo is blowing up this year. He's 6'5", built like a tank and is hitting threes at an insane rate. I don't care what your level of competition is, if you can hit 13 3's in a game - you're good. Meanwhile, the younger brother LaMelo is a PG that has grown about 6 inches in the last year and is still growing and dishing out assists at the same rate as Lonzo did in high school.

LiAngelo is particularly intriguing. The guy was completely off the recruiting radar going into the season. I think he was like a two-star when he committed to UCLA, but after the way he started off the season, Meyer plans on upgrading him to a 4-star. Will be interesting to see how he does at UCLA next year.

Built like a tank............LMAO.........sorry brother but that's absurd

Built like a tank............LMAO.........sorry brother but that's absurd

Would u feel better if I called him a fat azz? The guy looks more like a football linebacker than a basketball player. You've got to wonder if the guy dropped 20 lbs or so and went all in on a good college S&C program how good he could be - the kid has a sweet stroke.

I don't care if you have an eyepatch, a peg leg, and and are playing against a flock of chickens, 13 three's in a game is impressive.

Reactions: oceanna
I get so tired of hearing about the Ball brothers. Yes, Lonzo is a bad man...so too is the youngest. However, the one that is like a 6'5 guards built like an offensive lineman that scored 72 points....well he shoots the ball 200 times per game. That's why he scores so much. Also, wheres he gonna play in college...because he is very slow.

baldwin_brothers_h_15.jpg

The fact that he played some center wasn't the reason he was right that low, as a matter fact he played on the outside last year as well they have a young athletic kid playing center last year (He guarded Bam) he was ranked where he was because they were bunch of players were actually better than him, he's the Jimmer Ferdette of that team with that system. There's a reason scout still aren't moving him up the ladder of the rankings he won't play in the offense set around him in college he slow for small forward or shooting guard he's not that athletic.

Youngest brother on the other hand is very good and has a lot of potential

Weve all seen the impact the oldest brother Lonzo is having on college basketball this year.

His younger brother LiAngelo is a 6-5' 220 SF/2G high school senior committed to UCLA who started the season not even ranked in the Top 200 since he played C last year. He's moved Out on the perimeter this year however and started off the season however with a couple of 50+ Pt games and an incredible 72 pt outing where he hit around 13 3-pters.

Meanwhile, youngest brother LaMelo is a 6-3" sophomore PG who in a game tonight intentionally took a 3-pt shot from the mid-court line and made it. What in the hell is Daddy Ball feeding these kids? They're like the basketball version of the Williams Sisters.

http://thebiglead.com/2016/12/16/la...l-and-lamelo-ball-with-all-be-one-and-ledone/

Lol. Younger brother has it grown 6 inches, please stop your lies

Saw some statlines from some of their games. Crazy numbers like shooting 13-37, 11-33 from the floor and 2 rebounds. Think the youngest has a chance to be better than Lonzo, but who knows.

Lol, I never knew there were so many Ball haters out there. IMHO, you can never have enough Balls.

Lol, I never knew there were so many Ball haters out there. IMHO, you can never have enough Balls.

That's quite an admission right there.

Does anyone have season stats for the younger brothers? They hit some impressive shots on highlight videos, but I have to assume they're putting up a ton of shots. And I just can't imagine that the youngest brother's shot is sustainable with that form if he progresses to the next levels.

I don't know. I think what Daddy Ball is imparting to his kids is a boundless confidence and arrogance that may translate well to the league. Would like to see Derek Willis spend a couple of months under his tutelage.

I believe those are the guys who made all those disguises for Inspector Clouseau. Back then they spelled it Balz.

I hope they all crash and burn miserably. I hope ucla loses on the first weekend of the tournament to garner Webb

Wow, it's almost as unbelievable that their parents managed to create so many children whose athletic abilities are only matched by how horrendously ugly they all are [laughing]

Reactions: UK till Death

Lamelo and LiAngelo. Interesting names to say the least.

Bcox13,

Yes, it me JohnFarrel. somehow, when I changed my password, my old password got put in as my user name.

They have one funky shot to have a father that's a coach..Lonzo is going to fall on his face in the NBA..Leaf is the player on that team..

These are the shooting percentages that they put up nightly to say they have the greenlight is a understatement. They play a Grinnell style offense which is fun to watch but greatly inflates their numbers. One of the main reasons that the middle brother isnt ranked that high, when he goes and plays at camps he doesn't do much because he's not able to shoot every time he touches the ball

Reactions: MWes11

These are the shooting percentages that they put up nightly to say they have the greenlight is a understatement. They play a Grinnell style offense which is fun to watch but greatly inflates their numbers. One of the main reasons that the middle brother isnt ranked that high, when he goes and plays at camps he doesn't do much because he's not able to shoot every time he touches the ball

That sounds about right. I can't believe for a second that the youngest one can ever shoot well against top competition with that form. There have been great shooters with odd form before, but nothing like that.

Reactions: MWes11
Younger brother seems like an absolute douche. Anyone pulling up from half court deserves to be hammered next time they drive to the bucket.

Now the youngest one has the potential to be very good. The senior will have some issues in college but could be pretty good by the time he's a senior in college. Scouts are a high on him but the youngest one is ranked top 20 in this class, and he plays well even when he's outside of his high school system because he knows how to adjust his game

Now the youngest one has the potential to be very good. The senior will have some issues in college but could be pretty good by the time he's a senior in college. Scouts are a high on him but the youngest one is ranked top 20 in this class, and he plays well even when he's outside of his high school system because he knows how to adjust his game
According to 247, the younger brother is ranked 118th in the country, while the older brother is ranked 266th. Unless I am missing something.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT