ADVERTISEMENT

I Just Came Back From Watching Travis Perry and Boogie Fland in The City Of Palms Tournament

Different build. Different speed. Different mindset.

More like Dillingham to my eyes. Except not as reckless.

In the clip I saw, the other team often doubled Fland with bigger players who appeared to have no trouble at all with that. Fland's a very exciting player. Hagans was a blue collar, get-out-of-my-way bull.
Hagan's played youth football with Trevor Lawrence and in hindsight probably could have been a better pro prospect in football.

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
SIAP, but remember when assessing Boogie Fland, who his competition at the City of Palms was--Montverde and IMG Academy. Fland isn't on some loaded HS team, it's a really high level HS basketball program, but it's not loaded with All Star guys. So if we're going to mention an evaluation and it's a one man gang taking on 2 of the more talented teams in HS basketball, that should be factored in evaluation as well.

Travis Perry is a fantastic HS player and will be a fine addition at Kentucky. He was in the "weight class" part of the event where they bring in smaller HS and showcase the individual players on those teams. Perry will bring great shooting/floor spacing for team as you can't leave him open. He's also not Reed Sheppard and that's fine. Sheppard's all around game is elite. Perry is an elite shooter. Cal landing both is a great job and look forward to seeing Perry light it up from deep/contribute at UK.

Fland is nothing like Ashton Hagans as a player and thankfully person. Boogie is a well respected leader who is very mature for his age (again he's age of a HS Jr/25 class member) and will be a fine addition to the program. I'd compare him to Quickley/Knight combo regarding past UK guards.
To me Perry is Steve Alford.
Deadly from deep and almost automatic from the FT line.
Son of a coach who Cal will trust from day 1 to make the correct play when he's in the game.

In the clip I saw, the other team often doubled Fland with bigger players who appeared to have no trouble at all with that. Fland's a very exciting player. Hagans was a blue collar, get-out-of-my-way bull.
Hagans was also older entering college which is why he went back to original class which wasn't really a reclass-it was going where he should've been. Fland is playing up like DJ Wagner is currently and Jayden Quaintance will be as well.

Reactions: true blue1
To me Perry is Steve Alford.
Deadly from deep and almost automatic from the FT line.
Son of a coach who Cal will trust from day 1 to make the correct play when he's in the game.
Welch preaches floor spacing and needing shooters to do that. As obvious/simple as this sounds, Cal needed to be told this by someone who has more respect in the room from NBA people than he does. Now will some admit this? No. But who cares as long as it's taking place.

Welch is the best hire this program has made in the Cal era and simple concepts and type of personnel being brought in are a perfect match. Need a roster to compliment each other and have strengths where others have weaknesses so they can cover everything. A guy like Billy Richmond being versatile enough to be a playmaker slashing is going to benefit from Perry and help Perry by getting him open looks on drive/kick. Fland can catch and shoot too. You have Quaintance who has a chance to be the best player Cal's ever had if he stays 2 yrs in Lexington and then holdovers who will have been in program and know how to play--Adou, Burks, and possibly Reed (although if this season goes as we all hope, I think he's gone)

Welch preaches floor spacing and needing shooters to do that. As obvious/simple as this sounds, Cal needed to be told this by someone who has more respect in the room from NBA people than he does. Now will some admit this? No. But who cares as long as it's taking place.

Welch is the best hire this program has made in the Cal era and simple concepts and type of personnel being brought in are a perfect match.
👍 👍

Hagans was also older entering college which is why he went back to original class which wasn't really a reclass-it was going where he should've been. Fland is playing up like DJ Wagner is currently and Jayden Quaintance will be as well.
Both Quaintance and Cyril have the look of physical specimens who play basketball rather than basketball players who are also strong. We'll see. Neither will get pushed around, but they won't be the second coming of Tre Mitchell either.

Reactions: westerncat
I caught it in Lk Ishtopoka close to Sebring and Lk Placid. It was almost 9 lbs. Caught it in May, 23. I fish lakes Francis, Okeechobee. June, Huntley, Grassley and Crooked (all S Fla lakes) I fish couple times a week. Primarily Zoom worm fisherman, Central and sw Fla is Bass Fishing paradise.
I agree about FL being a bass fisherman's paradise. I caught a 9lb 5 oz on Lake Panasoffkee and my largest , an 11 lb on Okeechobee.
Fishing and KY BB are my greatest pleasures.

Reactions: tug1543
Both Quaintance and Cyril have the look of physical specimens who play basketball rather than basketball players who are also strong. We'll see. Neither will get pushed around, but they won't be the second coming of Tre Mitchell either.
Quaintance is already a superior talent than Mitchell but Mitchell's 3pt shot is deadly/spacing the floor is a huge weapon for UK. That being said, I'd take 2 years of JQ and love to see where he is as a player by then.

Cyril is a force. I wish he'd have joined this team seeing how things went with Z, but hindsight is 20/20 and we're where we are now-so hope Z gets cleared and gets some run to help team--even if it's short stints.

Quaintance is already a superior talent than Mitchell but Mitchell's 3pt shot is deadly/spacing the floor is a huge weapon for UK. That being said, I'd take 2 years of JQ and love to see where he is as a player by then.
There are clips of Quaintance playing where everyone around the rim flinches when he goes up for a dunk. On the one hand, it's a sign of his strength. On the other hand, he really needs peers to play against.

There are clips of Quaintance playing where everyone around the rim flinches when he goes up for a dunk. On the one hand, it's a sign of his strength. On the other hand, he really needs peers to play against.
He'll be fine. He kicked Flory Bidunga's ass 2x in less than a week this past Summer and he was 15 at the time.

Reactions: true blue1

You consider Dillingham reckless? Wow. You must believe the people on here that talked about his game when he committed. Rob has been very good and team oriented since the first game of the season. Bad take.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT