ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee @ Kentucky - Sunday's necessary sweep?

Old_Red

All-American
Jun 7, 2001
We can't count on Alabama to do anything for us. We need a sweep to keep it at 2 out of 3 @ Florida.

We can also guarantee that Tennessee misses the SEC Tournament by sweeping today so we'd be ending their season.

Last edited:
Watching Louisville and Clemson on TV before our game. Three errors in one inning for Louisville.

We can't count on Alabama to do anything for us. We need a sweep to keep it at 2 out of 3 @ Florida.

We can also guarantee that Tennessee misses the SEC Tournament by sweeping today so we'd be ending their season.
I like all of those things. Tennessee not firing Serrano last year was just dumb.

Five batters for Tennessee, but they leave two. Too many pitches for Lewis. Now Zach Warren for Tennessee is on the pitch.

Lewis gave up a couple singles in the first, but kept them off the board.

Warren allows almost a hit and 1/4 an inning. Let's use up our quota early. Pompey got it going and now Reks gets one.

Mahan hits a triple to score two more!!! That's how you do it boys!! 3-0!!

Well, we aren't going to hurt Warren's 5.69 ERA any yet, since all 3 runs are unearned.

Hmmm, we've used up our hits through the 3rd. Tennessee has more mistakes than they had hits in the top of the inning. An error in the field, a wild pitch, a relay on an obvious double play ball to lose an out.

They didn't call the mishandle by thee SS an error? That was on Cottam's hit up the middle.

They called that an error and considered Reks' run unearned. The others were earned. Not sure if they are right on that, but that's how it's scored on there.

UGA ahead of MSU by 2 in the 2nd. MSU's pitching woes showing up early?

Guess we did use our quota of hits in the 1st. 3 up and down in the 2nd.

I like all of those things. Tennessee not firing Serrano last year was just dumb.

I can't decide if Serrano is a poor judge of talent or was just unlucky when it comes to the MLB draft. The athleticism of the Vols leaves a lot to be desired. Kentucky is just bigger, stronger and faster.

I can't decide if Serrano is a poor judge of talent or was just unlucky when it comes to the MLB draft. The athleticism of the Vols leaves a lot to be desired. Kentucky is just bigger, stronger and faster.

I don't understand why he's done so poorly. He's been to Omaha with two different teams, but can't put it together with Tennessee. He's had some amazing talent but has never had anything close to a complete team.

Lol Mahan with a bunt single. Maybe he's going to try to hit for the cycle today and wanted to go ahead and get the single out of the way?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Third straight game of chasing the starter before the end of the 3rd, they say. That's a good sign. Bringing in Linginfelter. Didn't he come in on Friday?

*** Neil Price just corrected that stat, Stallings made it into the 4th? He also mentioned that Linginfelter pitched against EKU earlier this week. I watched that one so that is what I am remembering.

Lewis needs to dig deep. He's given up one run here after giving up two walks and a bit batter.

Ugh Lewis walks in another run. Now we're going to the bullpen. Rough for UK.

Ammons makes amends for getting that hit in the first by grounding out and Rodgers not so Jolly, popping out to end the top of the 5th

We make some curious outs to end innings. Carson out trying to score from 2nd on a ball that barely gets to the grass past 2nd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT