ADVERTISEMENT

UK’s best lineup and Cal’s agenda…

From listening to podcasts the last week of people who have voted for national awards it’s obvious Reed Sheppard is about to win “national freshmen of the year.” Every….single….advanced metric shows indisputably that Reed is the best player on the team, and every good lineup flows through him. He has been the best freshmen in the country but you won’t start him????? When your starting lineup is -31 points for the year???? Confounding isn’t a strong enough word.

EDIT: I was already too late…they announced Reed Sheppard as the national “Wayman Tisdale Freshmen of the Year” at 2:00 PM today. 3/18

Last edited:
🤣 I’m disengaging due an old saying you made me think of. Something about arguing with a fool…

Another saying about the fool who thinks he is wise comes to mind as well.
Like I said, one of us isn't even attempt to debate. Just lazy, ignorant accusations instead of trying to state anything of substance....

What's that old saying, it's like you're showing up to a gun fight with a knife. Out-gunned and underprepared

Like I said, one of us isn't even attempt to debate. Just lazy, ignorant accusations instead of trying to state anything of substance....

What's that old saying, it's like you're showing up to a gun fight with a knife. Out-gunned and underprepared
Keep trying to goad me.

There’s nothing to debate, even your arguments prove my point. I’m very comfortable with the fact you have no clue what you’re arguing about, you just want to argue. Find someone else foolish enough to play along.

Keep trying to goad me.

There’s nothing to debate, even your arguments prove my point. I’m very comfortable with the fact you have no clue what you’re arguing about, you just want to argue. Find someone else foolish enough to play along.
lol, you've been playing along quite a bit, buddy...guess that makes you foolish?

That's what has killed me so much is some people are so much against Z, but he's always saddled with a broken down Tre. No lineup has looked good with Tre for a month. Just throw Reed, Dilly, Reeves, Theiro and Z out there and watch them run. Watch Z and Dilly run the pick and roll to prefetion. It isn't rocket science.
Personally I have no problem winning 104-94. Nome what so ever .. this idea “ we have enough offense “ doesn’t hold water .. did we have enough offense when it was 11-2 ? Or 28-17 or 50-44 or any other time period in our embarrassing loss to TAM ? We never had the lead in the entire game . Maybe if we played our best offensive lineup we might be hearing in that post game from them “ we just couldn’t stop them “ ? I can’t stand Cal . He flat out sucks ass

Insane at this point, given Tre's production the last 2 months. Absolutely insane.
He’s working his way back into shape … — that’s a joke in case anyone needed it explained— maybe you our fearless leader I guess

Reactions: Mike-D
If Cal has some sort of obligation or promise to start DJ, then how dumb does DJ feel being a starter just like starting the walk-ons for senior night only to have the 'real' starters sitting at the scorers desk at the tip off. You believe DJ is so dumb that he doesn't know who is playing better and what the starting lineup should be. Or has Salesman Cal sold him that he is just as good.

I will give you that maybe starting Dillingham could be risky since he is rather high energy and could easily pick up a quick two fouls but absolute coaching malpractice by not starting Reed. Putting a young team down early is just so wrong.
I'll take it a step further.

How selfish are DJ and Edwards knowing that they ought to be coming off the bench and that we are losing games because they are starting, and they don't go to the coach and tell him they shouldn't start?

I'll take it a step further.

How selfish are DJ and Edwards knowing that they ought to be coming off the bench and that we are losing games because they are starting, and they don't go to the coach and tell him they shouldn't start?
I get that but rare is the athlete who will actually remove himself from the court.

Reactions: cathouse
Actually if anything, Cal has done DJ a disservice and likely ruined any shred of confidence he had by continuing to start him.

Personally, I wouldn’t want to start knowing guys are playing better than me on the bench. I wouldn’t want to start know I’m going to get pulled as soon as things start getting ugly. These kids aren’t dumb…I’m sure DJ feels it and sees it too. I actually feel bad for the kid. Cals turning him into a charity case the likes we haven’t seen since Saul Smith.

I wonder how things would’ve played out letting DJ come off the bench with less pressure etc to let him find his game and develop as the season progressed. Like I said, I honestly feel bad for him and blame Cal.
You make a good point about what the effect may be to DJ's confidence, especially when the net effect is to dig the team into a hole to start games. It seems it would be better to work to sub him in and out as needed and take the burden off of him. Of course, we can't know for sure but your thought, I believe, is reasonable and if so, not really fair to Wagner. Then again, Wagner was one of Cal's marquee recruits so for Cal, it's agenda first and another reason this OAD system is so flawed. JMO.

You make a good point about what the effect may be to DJ's confidence, especially when the net effect is to dig the team into a hole to start games. It seems it would be better to work to sub him in and out as needed and take the burden off of him. Of course, we can't know for sure but your thought, I believe, is reasonable and if so, not really fair to Wagner. Then again, Wagner was one of Cal's marquee recruits so for Cal, it's agenda first and another reason this OAD system is so flawed. JMO.

Yeah I mean who’d want an arrangement like that? It’s basically senior night every night minus the senior.

How do you focus on playing with one eye watching and waiting for your inevitable replacements at the scorers table?

Yeah I mean who’d want an arrangement like that? It’s basically senior night every night minus the senior.

How do you focus on playing with one eye watching and waiting for your inevitable replacements at the scorers table?
... especially when the result of the substitution is to watch the subs dig the team out of the hole created by the starters. Cal should just start his best players and go from there. He is so rigid with his sub patterns and predictable. He always subs Reed and Rob around the 17-minute mark, like clockwork. None of it makes any sense from a fan's perspective, whose only agenda is to put the best players on the court and keep them there as long as possible and win games.

That’s the question and that’s where you find your answer. He did have foul trouble, but that didn’t prevent Cal from playing his best lineup…
Also didn't Rob have 2 early ones? So probably playing those 2 separate a lot not giving TAMU 2 guys to go at for a foul.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT