ADVERTISEMENT

CBS: UK winning despite Cal holding back Shep and Dilly

Idc about averages. I’m literally talking about the losses.

Last 2 losses, 26 & 28 minutes. As I said, he plays his deserved minutes, we have 2-3 more wins.

Crazy the lack of reading comprehension around here.
I do know about the averages. But fine we can go game by game for a simpleton like you.

35, 45, 37 36 28 32 30 26 32 35
Yeah, that looks like someone not playing 🙄
Btw, the 28min vs Gonzaga, he had 4 fouls. So could that have limited his minutes? Given that he scored 21 that game I seriously doubt he was on the bench for any other reason.

As for reading comprehension, some of us have a life and don’t read all 6 pages of a thread.

• Haha
Reactions: Mozes-Prince22
Before you suffocate, get your nose out of CCC's butt. It isn't just about minutes; it is when those minutes are played. If there was no value in when the minutes are played, CCC wouldn't keep sending DJ and Edwards out to start games. He does it because he wants those two players to be viewed by the NBA as starters.
You are an F’ing idiot.
First of all I am not a Cal supporter. I’m done with him. But I am a Wildcat supporter.
The minutes that matter most, if it’s a close game are the final minutes. Maybe the opening minutes matter a little more than the middle 35, but not much more.
The likely reason he is starting Wagner and Edwards (not saying I agree with him) is to keep their confidence up, because for us to win in March we need more than the 3 R’s playing well!!!!
And I guarantee you, ask any player would you rather start and play 20min, or come off the bench for 30min, at least 9 out of 10 will pick coming off the bench.
The NBA doesn’t care if they start or not! Are you really that dumb? NBA GM “I know he doesn’t do much in games, but he starts” 🤣🤣🤣 (at you).
Do you therefore think Cal doesn’t want NBA teams to think Rob and Reed are good enough to be drafted?

Shut up, Jon. You’re not my father
Disappointed Turn Over GIF by G2 Esports
Then don’t say stupid shit

In the last 10- 6-4 is trending up?
4 of last 5, including dominant wins @ Auburn and over Alabama. Yeah, I’d call that trending up. Especially in a season where every week half of the top 20 lose a game (often to unranked teams). It’s all relative.

4 of last 5, including dominant wins @ Auburn and over Alabama. Yeah, I’d call that trending up. Especially in a season where every week half of the top 20 lose a game (often to unranked teams). It’s all relative.
5-3 in Feb. we won 2 games in a row. If that’s trending up then we are IU.

I am done complaining about the starting lineup. Cal isn't going to change it so we may as well just learn to live with it and figure out something else to complain about.
This is very well said and prophetic. There will be something else for most on here to complain about no matter what happens in each game.

5-3 in Feb. we won 2 games in a row. If that’s trending up then we are IU.
You should have an orange nose and big shoes. We are trending up in the national rankings and seeding projections. How do you not get that? People that want to jump off of a bridge every time we lose a game need to calm down. You make this site unbearable at times.

When I was in high school our best player on our basketball team played better off the bench. That was what he wanted to do and it worked good for our basketball team. Sometimes things happen on teams that are private and works out good for everyone. I’m not taking up for anyone or even going to get into this debate but I just wanted to tell something I seen growing up and playing sports. The team seems happy and are playing good basketball lately too and it reminds of that situation I had seen in the past.

Question for the "they get their minutes" crowd.

Do you honestly think it's better to have Reed and Rob get rest minutes at the beginning of the half and then play the rest of the half?

What's the advantage of that over giving them a breather when they really need it?
This ~

It is a good well researched article. Any FOOL can see we don't play our best players enough. at least everyone who has watched the games. Also the best 3 players on our team are RARELY on the court together. Finally about the new Cal and Zombie army: talking point to say Dillingham would play more if he didn't foul so much h. Do you know who LEADS the team in personal fouls so far this season; Reed Sheppard with 119 18 more than Dillingham. That crapolla is replacing the earlier Cal talking point that's STILL being parroted on here. Dilly plays too wild sometimes. You know who he is tied with for turnovers on the team stats for the year: Reed Sheppard. This duo also are the only 2 players on team with 100 or more assists on the year. The article is spot on. Not playing an NBA lottery pick AND one of the exsplosive guards in America 35 minutes a game is CRIMMINAL.
Ditto ~

How many tournament games did loser Tubby Smith win in his worst 4 year stretch? How many SEC titles? Here's a hint; it was more playing his son at PG than Cal did playing future NBA stars.

What about their best 4 year stretches? Let's compare final fours.

Do you really think the NBA cares who starts? If so, why are Rob and Reed rated higher on draft boards. Nonsense.
I will answer your question right after you explain why your god keeps trotting out those aforementioned players in front of the two players who everyone including the NBA know are better players and give UK the best chance to win. It is not nonsense; it is stupid and it is the best word to describe those who keep trying to defend CCC's actions. CCC does what he does because he has to fulfill promises he made before he realized those players are simply not as good as some of his other players. However, fans like you who blindly support every idiotic thing that CCC does are either actually CCC, a family member, or a worshiper who is too lazy to think for him or herself. To believe the team is better off not starting Rob and Reed requires one to believe his eyes are lying because it is very clear that Rob and Reed are better players.

Last edited:
Reactions: crestcat
Reed needs to shoot a minimum of six threes a game. That’s a bigger issue than starting. He plays enough minutes to easily take six quality threes.
Have you ever played or coached the game at a high level? Do you know of any other team that marches out onto the court for the start of each game purposely without two of its best players?

Reactions: crestcat
You are an F’ing idiot.
First of all I am not a Cal supporter. I’m done with him. But I am a Wildcat supporter.
The minutes that matter most, if it’s a close game are the final minutes. Maybe the opening minutes matter a little more than the middle 35, but not much more.
The likely reason he is starting Wagner and Edwards (not saying I agree with him) is to keep their confidence up, because for us to win in March we need more than the 3 R’s playing well!!!!
And I guarantee you, ask any player would you rather start and play 20min, or come off the bench for 30min, at least 9 out of 10 will pick coming off the bench.
The NBA doesn’t care if they start or not! Are you really that dumb? NBA GM “I know he doesn’t do much in games, but he starts” 🤣🤣🤣 (at you).
Do you therefore think Cal doesn’t want NBA teams to think Rob and Reed are good enough to be drafted?
"If it is a close game?" Only an idiot would start the game in a way that increases the likelihood of the game being close at the end. The longer you allow an inferior team to stay in the game only gives them and the crowd the belief that they can win. Everyone but CCC and his worshipers would start the game with maximum firepower to take the will out of the opponent so that the game is decided well before the end. We used to have a coach who understood that philosophy, but considering you still have the residue of breast milk on your lips, you know nothing about that. You are one of those who thinks CCC introduced basketball to Kentucky. Don't bother to respond because I am through with you. Your lunacy might be contagious and continued dialogue with you risk the further spread of the near pandemic of it on this board.

CCC has demonstrated over the past several years that he is willing to lose playing his way than win by adapting to his talent. So, I don't think CCC gives a rat's ass about Reed Sheppard and not much more about Dilly.

Last edited:
You should have an orange nose and big shoes. We are trending up in the national rankings and seeding projections. How do you not get that? People that want to jump off of a bridge every time we lose a game need to calm down. You make this site unbearable at times.
Coming from the guy that said we didn’t need Reeves back this year. Add that genius take with your others I would say you are the clown here

"If it is a close game?" Only an idiot would start the game in a way that increases the likelihood of the game being close at the end. The longer you allow an inferior team to stay in the game only gives them and the crowd the belief that they can win. Everyone but CCC and his worshipers would start the game with maximum firepower to take the will out of the opponent so that the game is decided well before the end. We used to have a coach who understood that philosophy, but considering you still have the residue of breast milk on your lips, you know nothing about that. You are one of those who thinks CCC introduced basketball to Kentucky. Don't bother to respond because I am through with you. Your lunacy might be contagious and continued dialogue with you risk the further spread of the near pandemic of it on this board.

CCC has demonstrated of the past several years that he is willing to lose playing his way than win by adapting to his talent. So, I don't think CCC gives a rat's ass about Reed Sheppard and not much more about Dilly.
Hard to take anyone seriously that uses that many emojis in his response to you.

Coming from the guy that said we didn’t need Reeves back this year. Add that genius take with your others I would say you are the clown here
Considering him to be a clown is an insult to all clowns. He falls much lower on the food chain.

Last edited:
Reactions: UKortho
He has rarely played them together? They play together all of the time. They would play together more if Dilly would stay out of foul trouble. Do you watch the games or just get on here and complain? Do you know what confirmation bias means?
Does it explain why our coach and his worshipers are the biggest idiots on the planet? If not, it doesn't matter.

I do know about the averages. But fine we can go game by game for a simpleton like you.

35, 45, 37 36 28 32 30 26 32 35
Yeah, that looks like someone not playing 🙄
Btw, the 28min vs Gonzaga, he had 4 fouls. So could that have limited his minutes? Given that he scored 21 that game I seriously doubt he was on the bench for any other reason.

As for reading comprehension, some of us have a life and don’t read all 6 pages of a thread.
Nobody asked you to read all 6 pages, I didn’t.

Once again, reading comprehension isn’t your strong suit. Might want to sit basketball conversations out if you can’t read a box score correctly. He had 3 fouls in the Gonzaga game.

God bless, scares me to be on the same road with people like you. Probably think you’re supposed to straddle the white line, or think that red means go.

Last edited:
I will answer your question right after you explain why your god keeps trotting out those aforementioned players in front of the two players who everyone including the NBA know are better players and give UK the best chance to win. It is not nonsense; it is stupid and it is the best word to describe those who keep trying to defend CCC's actions. CCC does what he does because he has to fulfill promises he made before he realized those players are simply not as good as some of his other players. However, fans like you who blindly support every idiotic thing that CCC does are either actually CCC, a family member, or a worshiper who is too lazy to think for him or herself. To believe the team is better off not starting Rob and Reed requires one to believe his eyes are lying because it is very clear that Rob and Reed are better players.
No where did I say I support what Cal does, I just said it was nonsense that the reason he doesn't start them is because he wants the NBA to view other players as starters.

No where did I say I support what Cal does, I just said it was nonsense that the reason he doesn't start them is because he wants the NBA to view other players as starters.
That is your opinion.

Yesterday's game was another example of a slow start that allowed a team to stay with you.
100%.
I think Kentucky's had a fast start in about four games this year.
All other coaches would fix it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT