ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Kerr.....Man of Principle and Courage

Youre pretty good at this "lying" concept.
Lying takes practice and a long memory. I do not practice it and my memory is not that long. I tend to try to like everyone , even with those with whom I have differences. You may find this hard to believe but there are many good people out there that do not share yours and or my opinion.

Reactions: BlueTick2
I think this is much bigger than just the NBA SJW's keeping quiet to cash a check. It's an example of how China is running the show because of their money. We're fooling ourselves if we think China is going to stop doing this stuff to other businesses, and they already are doing it. The NBA bowing down just shows China all they have to do is not give us money and we'll do what they want. That's not a good precedent to set. China has the ability to control whoever they want in America with their money. I think this issue is only going to get worse before it gets better.

So when NBA folks are criticizing individuals you care about you scream "Stick To Sports!" and "why can't we just enjoy our sports without politics."

So now the NBA folks are sticking to sports and you're still upset and unhappy?

Y'all just seem very unhappy about things all the time...

Maybe someday Street Rodding will be the thing... They'll roll the cars out of a couple garages parked midfield/midcourt and work on them. Fans will fill the seats to see which garage produces the best product. Those street rodders will be afforded the best tools and advice in their craft. Average Joe's will make millions upon millions of dollars tricking up 40's model cars.

When that happens we can also expect Average Joe to comment on political theater, say stupid shit, and sell out...... Money will do that.

So when NBA folks are criticizing individuals you care about you scream "Stick To Sports!" and "why can't we just enjoy our sports without politics."

I’m not a “stick to sports” guy. I’m all for people voicing their opinions. However, if you’re going to do it, be consistent about it. Steve Kerr continuing to punt on this issue is a joke to me. If you’re going to virtue signal everyone else, at least live by your own standards.

Seems to me you believe in the total hypocrisy of your beloved NBA.

I think this is much bigger than just the NBA SJW's keeping quiet to cash a check. It's an example of how China is running the show because of their money. We're fooling ourselves if we think China is going to stop doing this stuff to other businesses, and they already are doing it. The NBA bowing down just shows China all they have to do is not give us money and we'll do what they want. That's not a good precedent to set. China has the ability to control whoever they want in America with their money. I think this issue is only going to get worse before it gets better.
Well yea.

I’m not a “stick to sports” guy. I’m all for people voicing their opinions. However, if you’re going to do it, be consistent about it. Steve Kerr continuing to punt on this issue is a joke to me. If you’re going to virtue signal everyone else, at least live by your own standards.
You're expecting too much of woke hypocrites.

I enjoy NBA basketball. That’s why I was firmly in the shut up and dribble camp. Don’t give a shit what Steve Kerr has to say about Donald Trump.

But I hope every press conference from now until China erases the NBA from the minds of its citizenry involves questions about the Chinese government.

Everyone asked them to stop their empty virtue signaling and play the sport. They insisted on interjecting politics into sports entertainment. Time to reap what you sowed.

You support communist China against Hong Kong.

That is sad. You better reflect on your choices.

Reactions: JumperJack
This is an interesting one for me. I get the idea that Kerr should stick to his guns and have an opinion about China. I also get the fact that he does not want to be the reason why Klay Thompson loses an $80 million shoe endorsement or the reason why guys like Evan Turner and Matthew Dellavedova lose shoe endorsement deals that they would not come close to in the US. I know I'd keep my mouth shut.

You support communist China against Hong Kong.

That is sad. You better reflect on your choices.

Where did I say that?
I am just calling out the "stick to sport" crowd and trying to better understand them.

When it comes to the NBA and having to reflect on my choices, it pains me greatly being a Knicks fan. There really is no need to watch them and equally pained that I am going to watch and follow the Lakers this year. Might even get my kid a Lakers Davis jersey now.

I enjoy NBA basketball. That’s why I was firmly in the shut up and dribble camp. Don’t give a shit what Steve Kerr has to say about Donald Trump.

But I hope every press conference from now until China erases the NBA from the minds of its citizenry involves questions about the Chinese government.

Everyone asked them to stop their empty virtue signaling and play the sport. They insisted on interjecting politics into sports entertainment. Time to reap what you sowed.
Trouble is those in the media aligned with the NBA & wokeness - meaning almost all of it - will quickly drop the subject. Just watch.

This is an interesting one for me. I get the idea that Kerr should stick to his guns and have an opinion about China. I also get the fact that he does not want to be the reason why Klay Thompson loses an $80 million shoe endorsement or the reason why guys like Evan Turner and Matthew Dellavedova lose shoe endorsement deals that they would not come close to in the US. I know I'd keep my mouth shut.

Great take...this all falls on Silver and the owners at the end of the day.

Just say we have a sh1t-ton of money invested in China and we aren't about to risk it over human rights within China...just like every other company has done over the years. Walking the tight rope of straddling both sides is weak.

Weird how LeBron has been the most quiet. There's no need to upset the apple cart if he really wants to own an NBA team in the future.

IOW, you would be kowtowed by China too for $$$.

Great take...this all falls on Silver and the owners at the end of the day.

Just say we have a sh1t-ton of money invested in China and we aren't about to risk it over human rights within China...just like every other company has done over the years. Walking the tight rope of straddling both sides is weak .
Yes, flat out admitting they're kowtowing to China for $$$ is at least honesty.

Reactions: AlbanyWildCat
Then he’s no better than the politicians he attacks when he says they’re just looking out for their net worths. That’s my point. He portrays himself as a champion of morality but when it’s him stuck between a rock and a hard place he takes the easier, lucrative route instead of the moral route.

Then he’s no better than the politicians he attacks when he says they’re just looking out for their net worths. That’s my point. He portrays himself as a champion of morality but when it’s him stuck between a rock and a hard place he takes the easier, lucrative route instead of the moral route.
My opinion is I don't think he's looking out for his own net worth. He realizes if he opens his mouth, he's going to possibly cost players, some of which play for him, millions of dollars in endorsement contracts. I also think he's been given the gag order from the NBA on this.

I think people are unhappy with a double standard. The players and coaches want to voice their opinion relating to issues that don't hurt them in the wallet but choose to be "unsure of the citation" when it could. It just shows they are only about themselves.

Last edited:
Yep. Silver, Kerr, Curry, et al had no problem spewing criticism from their cock holsters regarding North Carolina passing a law to keep trannies out of the wrong bathroom, yet suddenly their jaws are wired shut regarding a regime with one of the worst, if not the worst, human rights records on the planet, simply because that regime is paying them billions.

Yep. Silver, Kerr, Curry, et al had no problem spewing criticism from their cock holsters regarding North Carolina passing a law to keep trannies out of the wrong bathroom, yet suddenly their jaws are wired shut regarding a regime with one of the worst, if not the worst, human rights records on the planet, simply because that regime is paying them billions.

Kerr has no problem spewing about most things except this. He and Popovich love to hear themselves talk.

Reactions: -Mav-
My opinion is I don't think he's looking out for his own net worth. He realizes if he opens his mouth, he's going to possibly cost players, some of which play for him, millions of dollars in endorsement contracts. I also think he's been given the gag order from the NBA on this.
Kerr isn’t the only one in the wrong here, IMO. The NBA is far worse in this. The NBA will parade down New York to champion LGBTQ rights, which I don’t have a problem, and force an owner to sell his team for being a racist scumbag, but when it comes to standing up for human rights, they’ll bend the knee to China because of their money. I don’t want to hear a word from the NBA about any social or political again if this is what they’ll do.

The NBA has exposed themselves as frauds. They only care about money. If they were truly the champions of social justice that they like to claim they are, they’d stand up for the Chinese who’s human rights are being violated on a daily basis by an oppressive regime. I’d argue that’s a bigger issue than where someone goes to the bathroom or if Lord Voldemort is the pronoun they prefer.

Popovich is also a hypocrite in this too. When talking about this he slammed people who voted for Trump, which I am not one of those people, while celebrating the NBA’s response as being champions of free speech. These people are frauds.

Last edited:
Kerr isn’t the only one in the wrong here, IMO. The NBA is far worse in this. The NBA will parade down New York to champion LGBTQ rights, which I don’t have a problem, and force an owner to sell his team for being a racist scumbag, but when it comes to standing up for human rights, they’ll bend the knee to China because of their money. I don’t want to hear a word from the NBA about any social or political again if this is what they’ll do.

The NBA has exposed themselves as frauds. They only care about money. If they were truly the champions of social justice that they like to claim they are, they’d stand up for the Chinese who’s human rights are being violated on a daily basis by an oppressive regime. I’d argue that’s a bigger issue than where someone goes to the bathroom or if Lord Voldemort is the pronoun they prefer.

Popovich is also a hypocrite in this too. When talking about this he slammed being who voted for Trump, which I am not one of those people, while celebrating the NBA’s response as being champions of free speech. These people are frauds.
We definitely agree in a lot of this.

Reactions: JBHolmesfan
What a chump. Pretty shameful.

It's not really tricky, though - it's honestly pretty simple. Kerr, Pop, LeBron, all of them fond of "speaking truth to power" - there's no bravery in that, no possible sacrifice. They are celebrated for doing that. The NBA culture, the culture at large, the media, Hollywood -- there are certain institutions which are very much invested on that side of the cultural/political aisle. It's not brave to criticize Donald Trump where Steve Kerr sits - Kanye saying pro-Trump stuff while living in the same stew as Kerr, now that's bravery. I'm not advocating for Trump, just making the somewhat obvious point. When Kerr has the opportunity to do something truly brave, to speak up when it might hurt him and could be adverse to his own self-interests....he won't do that. It's a pretty simple picture really.

I’m not a shut up and dribble guy. I value freedom of opinion. Im an independent who tries to call it like I see it and vote like I see it with either party. But Kerr and many others not speaking out is a disgrace.

Agree with others who stated all these socially woke, enlightened individuals are self righteous frauds. Plenty of suffering in the world right now. If they wanted to show what a better than thou person they are then they could share their immense wealth with a billion plus people around the world that lack food, water, clothing, medical care, shelter, etc. Some how I can't see them parting with their ocean side mansions and bevy of luxury cars. F*cking phonies.

Reactions: -Mav- and cawoodsct
I think people are unhappy with a double standard. The players and coaches want to voice their opinion relating to issues that don't hurt them in the wallet but choose to be "unsure of the citation" when it could. It just shows they are only about themselves.

I think the players would say the same with regards to fan and the "stick to sports"...so the fans are wishy-washy and so are the players. We are all same at the end of the day.

-china is a communist state. A communist state is inherently evil/oppressive. Fish swim, dogs bark...communists grind their populations to dust. It is what it is.

-the misconception that China is a cooperative global partner is dangerous. Their only goal is world dominance of their iteration of authoritarian Marxism.

-with that in mind...I've spent the last several years trying to buy as little Chinese shit as possible. Sometimes budget concerns or availability of items(particularly electronics) preclude me from exercising my conscience.

-Its a shame that we have outsourced our industry to communists...all parties are guilty.

-there are plenty US, North American and European options available...they have to be sought out. India is also an option...their labor situation isn't ideal, but they are a strong geopolitical ally...and Indian products(shoes/clothing and such) are easier on the wallet that USA/Italian et al. Portugal is doing alot of work as well.

-sorry for the long post...but I've been on this train for a bit (still plenty of work to do) and I encourage my fellow catpaw wildcat friends to do the same. Happy to offer guidance/info if anyone wishes.

-in short, lets put our time/money where our mouth is.

I think the players would say the same with regards to fan and the "stick to sports"...so the fans are wishy-washy and so are the players. We are all same at the end of the day.

I would say stick to sports on all accounts. We watch you to see you play sports not for your political views. So no I am not wishy washy. If they can have a separation of church and state then why I can't have my sports separated from politics? I wouldn't follow Obama, Trump, Ted Cruise or Hilary Clinton to see clips of them shooting hoops or playing flag football. If I were going to follow any of them it would be for their political opinions. Likewise if I follow a sports figure it isn't for their world views.

Reactions: BigSexyCat
ADVERTISEMENT