ADVERTISEMENT

Stay off the field Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So if all you are saying storm the field, don't be that person to bitch if a team beats us in basketball and storms the floor (and you cite "player safety")

(We know you have before, don't lie...just be consistent)

They have beaten us 30 years in a row. IF we win, storming the field is completely acceptable
There's another way to look at it. If we beat them it means nothing except we are 1/30 against them in the last 31 games. Celebrate that.

I am not the person you responded to, but I wanted to answer your question anyway. First, UK, the SEC, the NCAA, doesn't want fans on the field. It is a safety issue for fans and players. Therefore we shouldn't do it. Second, it isn't about you. Just because you enjoy it, think it's cool, or fun, doesn't justify doing it when it is against the rules of the stadium and league.

Now let me ask you a question. What is wrong with staying in your seat and celebrating the victory? Why do you have to do it on the field when no one wants you on the field?

I am not the person you responded to, but I wanted to answer your question anyway. First, UK, the SEC, the NCAA, doesn't want fans on the field. It is a safety issue for fans and players. Therefore we shouldn't do it. Second, it isn't about you. Just because you enjoy it, think it's cool, or fun, doesn't justify doing it when it is against the rules of the stadium and league.

Now let me ask you a question. What is wrong with staying in your seat and celebrating the victory? Why do you have to do it on the field when no one wants you on the field?

o-NED-FLANDERS-facebook.jpg

So if all you are saying storm the field, don't be that person to bitch if a team beats us in basketball and storms the floor (and you cite "player safety")

(We know you have before, don't lie...just be consistent)

I make fun of supposedly elite programs that rush the court. Never been mad if a Mississippi rushes when they beat us (though I think, in general, rushing is overdone. Should be reserved for momentous occasions). Kentucky football is not an elite program. Snapping a 30-game losing streak is a momentous occasion. Also, player safety is way less of a concern on a giant football field than a cramped basketball gym.

I myself would not rush the field, but far be it from me to tell someone else they cannot or should not. If people want to rush the field have at it. If there are consequences to pay then pay them. People celebrate in different ways and I'm not going to tell anyone how they should or shouldn't celebrate. To me that reeks of arrogance. JMHO

It's a man thing, lady. Storming the field is being mannish and beating your chest. When the goal posts come down don't be under them. I don't intend on storming the field, but I will get puffed up when we win.

Act like you belong if we win. I don't care how many years it has been. If we beat Florida that means we beat a very mediocre 1-2 team. Storming the field is more embarrassing than the streak.

You are right about beating a mediocre team if UK does beat the Gators, but you are dreaming if you think UK fans won't storm the field. Haha

Reactions: wildcatdonf
I don't think fans should ever be on the floor or the field. I thought that as a teenager and still believe it today. First, the idea expressed in this thread to have some fun and lighten up is just silly. Fans don't have to rush the field to have fun and celebrate a victory. There are rules against rushing the field and it creates a safety issue for those rushing the field and those already on the field. Second, it just looks pathetic when any fans rush a field or court because they won a game.
It looks even more pathetic when you're the lone, miserable, crotchety ole s.o.b. in the stands while the rest of us are celebrating with the team and enjoying life.

I am really looking forward to somebody breaking their neck storming the field and I will have zero sympathy for them when they do. Fans should never be on the field.

And yes, I said the same exact thing when I was a teenager. Fans should not be on the field ever.

Dangerous place for the players too, they should be made to sit on the benches until the game is over.

Reactions: CB3UK and brianpoe
Act like you belong if we win. I don't care how many years it has been. If we beat Florida that means we beat a very mediocre 1-2 team. Storming the field is more embarrassing than the streak.

If we lose, does that mean they are a very good 2-2 team?

Reactions: brianpoe
I am really looking forward to somebody breaking their neck storming the field and I will have zero sympathy for them when they do. Fans should never be on the field.

And yes, I said the same exact thing when I was a teenager. Fans should not be on the field ever.

That's a tough take, hoping that someone breaks their neck.

Reactions: VAWildcat15
My opinion is the ones saying not to rush the field are bb fans, who would sit in front of Memorial waiting for practice instead of watching the fb game. They really don't care if Cats beat Florida.

There it goes again. I'm a huge basketball fan and I say rush the field. And I'll be at the game and doing so even if the basketball team was at Memorial giving tickets themselves. Quit dumping on basketball fans and lumping them all together like they could care less about football. I love UK, plain and simple. And, I repeat, I'm a huge basketball fan and have season tickets for them as well. Tired of people trying to divide UK fans loyalty.

Did you seriously just join last month and already starting threads instructing the thousands of members who have been fans for decades on how to celebrate?

I'm not saying that's condescending, but yeah, it's condescending.

It's a man thing, lady. Storming the field is being mannish and beating your chest. When the goal posts come down don't be under them. I don't intend on storming the field, but I will get puffed up when we win.
I guess you and I see being a man a little differently. I see a lot of idiots doing stupid things in the name of manliness. I never was one to follow the pack or identify with those kinds of people.

It looks even more pathetic when you're the lone, miserable, crotchety ole s.o.b. in the stands while the rest of us are celebrating with the team and enjoying life.
I know you feel the need to be a part of something, but trust me, no one wants you on the field.

I don't think there is anything to worry about, there is a hefty fine involved and I'm sure mitch has already given Stoops his orders. It will be OK to come close though.

Of course a win ending a THIRTY GAME losing streak might be worth a few millions to our football program in bringing even more elite talent that our fans want to watch, instead of the two and three stars (and my hat is off to what a lot of them did) we used to bring in with an operating budget about the same as for one sixth the players in basketball. Then there was the recruiting budget LESS than basketball for four or five basketball recruits that were dying to come here anyway. And I don't want to even mention the "recruiting room", it makes me sick to think about it. Penny wise and pound foolish is what I always called it.

Hell, if we end that horrendous streak there is some chance that a lot of the TWENTY THOUSAND season ticket holders he drove off will come back.

And about 6,000 fans that would have liked to watch what should be an excellent game with a ton of talent on BOTH sides and a potentially historic event are going to miss a game they would have liked to pay to see. But the suites bring in the money, and that is all that matters to some people.Too bad the obsession with bare minimum support cost UK millions in the long run-------and still is, twenty thousand season ticket holders.

Far away!, But the facts are on my side, these are just a few of them, probably best to just ignore me.

My wife and I aren't able but I hope the hell those of you that are young rush the field and have a ball.

Btw this is totally unlike basketball where it is dangerous.

I hope the SEC killjoys relent and and change the prohibition of rushing the field . They need to remember the phrase from an old song "the night we tore the goalpost down "
That's what college kids are supposed to be doing to celebrate not burning couches. Good clean wholesome fun

with the SEC allowing the TV Gods to take so much away from the fan experience they should permit rushing a football field after a big win.

I don't think we need to worry about these folks that are preaching to celebrate in the ways they ordain as correct and blessed; they are exactly the same people who leave mid-way through the 4th quarter in a one-possession game and then brag about how they "beat the traffic".

Also, for what it's worth, maybe someone wishing for UK fans to be severely injured (even if they want to claim they didn't mean it) needs a little time-out. Get a grip, dude.

I don't think we need to worry about these folks that are preaching to celebrate in the ways they ordain as correct and blessed; they are exactly the same people who leave mid-way through the 4th quarter in a one-possession game and then brag about how they "beat the traffic".

Also, for what it's worth, maybe someone wishing for UK fans to be severely injured (even if they want to claim they didn't mean it) needs a little time-out. Get a grip, dude.
I don't give a crap how anyone celebrates. I just don't understand why people can't follow the rules and do what they are asked to do. If it wasn't against the rules to rush the field, I would not care. Don't care that much as it is. It's just lame when people think it's all about what they want and don't show any respect for the rules of the event that is hosting them.

Not that it is any of your business, but I have had season tickets for over 25 years and I am there to end of each game and I frequently stand and cheer. All of this name calling and BS stereotyping in this thread is typical of people who are arrogant enough to think that because they want to do something they should be able to do it but can't really justify why it is okay.

Reactions: wildcatdonf
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT