ADVERTISEMENT

Stay off the field Saturday night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Act like you belong if we win. I don't care how many years it has been. If we beat Florida that means we beat a very mediocre 1-2 team. Storming the field is more embarrassing than the streak.

If we beat a team we haven't beaten in 30 years, then everyone should storm the field including Carl Nathe.

Don't be like this.
alternative-amp-quot-obvious-troll-is-obvious-amp-quot-meme-yavelcum_o_3902243.jpg

The "act like we've been there before" on really works if we have been there before. Doesn't really work when you're UK football and havent been there since the 1980s.

I rushed the field as a student after the USC game when Bud Dupree had the pick 6 and it is one of my favorite memories as a UK student. Everyone needs to be on that field Saturday after UF celebrating with the players. Go have some fun and lighten up a little bit, I'm sure Mitch will gladly pay the fine.

I am really looking forward to somebody breaking their neck storming the field and I will have zero sympathy for them when they do. Fans should never be on the field.

And yes, I said the same exact thing when I was a teenager. Fans should not be on the field ever.

Reactions: redbudman
I am really looking forward to somebody breaking their neck storming the field and I will have zero sympathy for them when they do. Fans should never be on the field.

And yes, I said the same exact thing when I was a teenager. Fans should not be on the field ever.
Wow. Never thought I'd see the day where someone hopes for a fan to break their neck.

If this were UK basketball I would agree, there is never a time to storm the court for that. Football though, especially when you haven't beaten the other team since 1986, I say storm the field.

Reactions: brianpoe
come on OP, that's almost like saying don't cheer like crazy cause it's undignified! Go wild, have fun, be reasonable and careful but those of you young enough to climb the fence and get out there, enjoy while I cheer you on from the upper deck! IF we win of course!

Let people have some fun.UK football fans have suffered long enough and deserve to show some happiness.

Really bad take Glenn.

I don't think Glenn wants anybody to get hurt, but if the situation occurs, the chances increase that someone could get hurt bad. Do YOU want to be THAT person that it happens to? And the next question would be........
Was it really worth it?

Dude that is horrible, one of the worst posts I have ever seen on here. You're looking forward to a UK fan breaking their neck because they're celebrating a win? That is very f'd up and you should be ashamed.

After 26 Ls we beat a 5-6 Tennessee team in a loss so embarrassing for them the coach offered to resign... Get the hell over yourself OP. If it happens, it will happen, and it should, and then we'll move on.

I don't think fans should ever be on the floor or the field. I thought that as a teenager and still believe it today. First, the idea expressed in this thread to have some fun and lighten up is just silly. Fans don't have to rush the field to have fun and celebrate a victory. There are rules against rushing the field and it creates a safety issue for those rushing the field and those already on the field. Second, it just looks pathetic when any fans rush a field or court because they won a game.

Reactions: UKWildcatT and RV2
If we beat Florida that means we beat a very mediocre 1-2 team.

The narrative is already setting up. South Carolina was a hugely important game and we were going to have a tough time winning. We win - meh, they weren't any good anyway.

Beat Florida for the first time in 30 years, start 4-0, 2-0 in the SEC? Meh, we still haven't beaten anybody.

Eff all that noise, if we beat Florida for the first time since I was a month old, I'm celebrating dammit.

We have got to have one of the most rigid, up tight fanbases in sports (both basketball and football). God forbid the students rush the field after a huge and exciting win or, GASP! someone stands during a football series or the basketball game. It's just sports, have fun and enjoy the moment.

That being said, IF we beat Florida, then this should be our final field rushing for a long time, unless we beat a top-5 Alabama maybe.

Reactions: nickhorvathsuxazz
The same people saying rush the field are (I'm betting) the same who were PISSED when Indiana did it (in December 2011) or when every other team does it against us in basketball.

I probably wouldn't go on the field, since I'll be with my dad and he's almost 70. But I have no problem with others doing it. It would be bigger than any other win since 2007 and probably top ten in program history...we have to end the stupid streak.

Reactions: nssdigitalchumps
The same people saying rush the field are (I'm betting) the same who were PISSED when Indiana did it (in December 2011) or when every other team does it against us in basketball.

USCe stormed the court against us, I thought good for them. Indiana stormed the court against us, I thought WTF is wrong with Indiana???

There are programs that shouldn't rush or storm. Kentucky basketball is one. Kentucky football isn't.

Thinking/expecting/wanting UK not to rush after a Florida win is peak "Bama's arrogance with Vandy's trophy case" attitude. We rushed the field when Stevie got loose, then we beat L'ville about infinity times in a row and never rushed again against them. If we break the streak, we rush the field. If we beat Florida this year and again in 2 years, we won't rush the field the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT