ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Well thanks for what you do . Has anyone ever asked you to not share everything on this board?
No. I'm always very careful to share things that I feel are acceptable and also don't post/comment on a lot of things until they hit Twitter, KSR, etc. I respect Justin and the great work that he does too much as that is his profession and paycheck. I used to do some writing and recruiting interviews for bleedbluekentucky.com with Aaron Cordero back several years ago and hated when someone would taken info that I posted to another site and usually wouldn't even mention my name as to where the info came from.

No. I'm always very careful to share things that I feel are acceptable and also don't post/comment on a lot of things until they hit Twitter, KSR, etc. I respect Justin and the great work that he does too much as that is his profession and paycheck. I used to do some writing and recruiting interviews for bleedbluekentucky.com with Aaron Cordero back several years ago and hated when someone would taken info that I posted to another site and usually wouldn't even mention my name as to where the info came from.
Well thanks again, I appreciate your posts .

Yes, let's try to keep this thread focused on UK's 2022 recruiting class.

Current 2022 recruiting class-

Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH
Jordan Anthony, slotR, Tylertown, MS
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown DE
Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA
Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, ATH. Corbin, KY
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Brandon White, slotR, Cincinnati, OH

All college football coaching staffs focus on developing their teams in August, September, and October, because that is their meal ticket. Typically, there are certain times of year when recruiting heats up. During Mark Stoops' time in Lexington, we have learned to anticipate multiple verbal commitments in May-June and November-December.

We are entering a period of time when we can anticipate multiple important commitments. This evening, Lexington WR Dane Key will commit to UK. Key's UK commitment has been expected for months, and I have commented on him here many times going back to the earliest recruiting news for Stoops' 2022 class. In case anyone doesn't know yet, Dane is Donte Key's son. Donte Key was a pretty good UK football player in his time. Key will need to work on his body and get stronger, but he has a good future in UK's balanced offense.

At least three other major uncommitted prospects have been closely connected with UK lately (Barion Brown, Aamil Wagner, Deone Walker).

Walker's history is interesting. He is from Detroit, and he is huge. In hs, he has played OT and DT. Walker has received at least nine SEC scholarship offers. Originally, Walker's UK recruiter was Steve Clinkscale. When Clinkscale left UK and took a job at MI, many assumed Walker would sign with Jim Harbaugh and play in Ann Arbor. But UK's new OL coach Eric Wolford has done an amazing job recruiting Walker. Recently, Walker said in a published interview that he is currently favoring UK. It is generally believed that Walker would initially be developed at UK as a NT, with the option of moving over to OT if that became a better role for him. I don't believe Walker is a slam dunk for UK yet, but UK obviously has the inside track right now. Walker would be a great addition for our class, and it would be reassuring to see UK continue to snatch top players away from the state of MI even after Clinkscale's departure. Fingers crossed.

Brown is a highly regarded WR from Pearl Cohn hs in Nashville. He is also being recruited by Coach Wolford. He has received at least eleven SEC scholarship offers. At one time earlier this summer, he held a committable scholarship offer from Alabama. I believe that window has closed because Alabama's staff is focused on other receivers now. But Brown is an excellent prospect. Some talking heads are publicly projecting Brown to UK now.

Wagner is the younger brother of former Wildcat Ahmad Wagner. He is a skinny OT prospect from Dayton. Earlier in the year, there was some commentary that Wagner had enough speed and athleticism to be developed as a TE in college. Since then, he has added some weight and is now starting to look more like a legitimate OT prospect. At one time or another, Wagner has held at least four SEC offers and ten B10 offers. Wagner will need some physical development but has a very high upside. His recruitment has been quiet lately, but OH St insider Bill Kurelic has booked a crystal ball prediction for UK.

Here are some other uncommitted 2022 prospects who are known to have been actively recruited at one time or another by UK's coaching staff-

Quinton Conley, WR, Kansas City, MO
Joshua Josephs, LB, Kennesaw, GA
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN
Jawaun Northington, RB, Louisville, KY
Elijah Reed, DB, Louisville, KY
Andrew Saaviinaea, DL, Graham, WA
Elijah Zollicoffer, OL, Covington, GA
Is that true about zollicoffer? I swear I thought I was the only one fascinated by his size, length. Felt like he was someone who could be the next Calvin taylor. Take time. Get stronger and develop him. He and walker would be monsterNG /DTs for UK. IMO

Yeah, that must really suck when recruiting information is your livelihood and you work hard to get a scoop, offer it to people who are paying for a service and then someone takes that to another service or to the public for their own recognition. I get it.

Reactions: Girthang
As expected, Dane Key joins our 2022 Recruiting Class

Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN (4* Rivals, 5* 247, 4* Espn, 5* On3)
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 3* Espn)
Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY (4* Rivals, 4 *247, 3* Espn)

Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn)
Jordan Anthony, slot WR, Tylertown, MS (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Treyveon Longmire, ATH. Corbin, KY (high 3* Rivals, high 3* 247, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown DE
Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX (high ranked 3* Espn)
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS (#1 athlete in JUCO - Espn)
Brandon White, slot WR, Cincinnati, OH
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY

We are now ranked the following by each major service:

Rivals #19 Team Ranking, 7th in SEC ,(7 4*'s)
247 Sports #16 Team Ranking, 6th in SEC, includes 8 top 500 players from the class)
ESPN 7th SEC, 8 4* 5 top 300 recruits
On3 - #16 team rankings, 6th in SEC. (1 5*, 8 4*'s, 10 Top 500 players)

And with our current prospects list, UK could finish even higher depending on some future decisions. We also have the potential to move ahead of Missouri, and finish 5-6 in SEC rankings

There is a reason many of us look at various recruiting services. I tend to like the 247 composite, however I know they do not take On3 in that calculation as of right now. I basically compare rivals to 247 composite. Screw ESPN, but will now start to pay attention to On3 rankings. But it really means nothing but team rankings, which sometimes I like to see get higher. However, with Stoops track record of development, being 30th or 15th is a little irrelevant to our program. And now with transfers, it makes recruiting rankings even more irrelevant.
Thanks for the work you, Rock, and a couple others have been doing to keep the 2022 and 2023 threads going. Just an adder to your post.

I think that's a yes and no regarding 30th compared to 15th. I think the staff realized they need to get more high caliber skill guys, that's what drove the changes over the last year. There's no denying this staff's abilities in the S&C and development department but I think they are wanting to start with a little higher baseline to begin the development. Getting 8 or 10 guys every year that projects out like a Trevin Wallace would do wonders when trying to compete with the big dogs in the SEC. I really don't think that will be all that difficult for them to do now that the competitiveness of the team has taken a step forward. Spreading out those 8-10 across, Wr, RB, LB, DB, and Edge seems doable to me with the recruiters they now have. Add them to the way they are recruiting both LOS, then we are cooking with FIRE.

There were 5-6 of us. Aaron, me Rock, Derek Terry and Messenger.

seems like I’m leaving someone out

Bleedbluekentucky.com. It was a UK football only site started by Aaron Cordero and was online for about 3-4 years. Unfortunately the majority of that time was the Joker era. It was a really good site for football first fans.
Does Nick Roush have any credibility? Yesterday he said he is hearing that it is “in fact “ a possibility that Walker Parks is at Kentucky next year. I thought that rumor was put to bed weeks ago . He is still the starting RT at Clemson.

Reactions: The-Hack
Does Nick Roush have any credibility? Yesterday he said he is hearing that it is “in fact “ a possibility that Walker Parks is at Kentucky next year. I thought that rumor was put to bed weeks ago . He is still the starting RT at Clemson.
in fact a possibility? WTH

Reactions: Girthang
Not saying he is never right on things, but personally, I take his stuff with a big grain of salt. Unless, it is something that has already been reported on the HOB.

... a possibility that Walker Parks is at Kentucky next year. I thought that rumor was put to bed weeks ago . He is still the starting RT at Clemson.
LSU is going to make a hard push for Dabo. I do not expect Dabo to leave Clemson, but I'm guessing this is only reason for the rumor. Anything is possible if head coach leaves.

Admittedly, this is 100% guess on my part.

LSU is going to make a hard push for Dabo. I do not expect Dabo to leave Clemson, but I'm guessing this is only reason for the rumor. Anything is possible if head coach leaves.

Admittedly, this is 100% guess on my part.

I wouldn't know what to think if I was Dabo.
Hea got a great gig at Clemson and no one to really challenge him as far as recruiting goes in the ACC.
BUT... the acc is a steaming pile of dung and the SEC is getting stronger with the additions of Oklahoma and Texas.

No. We all had major careers that were eating up a ton of our time.
There was also some small controversy

it was the first of its kind

Not saying he is never right on things, but personally, I take his stuff with a big grain of salt. Unless, it is something that has already been reported on the HOB.
Thanks, dont follow him and really don’t know anything about him . Just thought it was strange he would be talking about something that was shot down weeks ago .

I am pretty connected at CU

it’s not impossible, but highly doubtful WP transfers

he loves it here

he had his chance.

I am not 100 that he would start at UK next yr. it’s certainly not a given.

he is not a dominant player

edit: he is not a dominant player so far

my understanding was that he went to Clemson due to its highly Christian influence on the staff? Is that correct?

TIA

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT