ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Nicholson was on his way to Ole Miss today for a weekend visit. Pretty decent chance he flips in the near future. Hard to pull Mississippi kids out of Mississippi, especially if you aren't Alabama, LSU, etc.

I was hoping that we would get Dru Phillips HS running mate at CB, but he went to Clemson

DeCarlos Nicholson just received a crystal ball to....Ole Miss. It's a Ole Miss insider, don't know his track record, but he has a confidence of 6 on the pick. more and more likely he never makes it to Kentucky.

Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH (2 CB PICKS FOR UK, CONFIDENCES OF 8,5, ANNOUNCING 11/11/21)
Barion Brown, WR, Nashville, (3 CB PICKS FOR UK. CONFIDENCES OF 8,7, AND 7)
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI (JOSH EDWARDS JUST CHANGED HIS CRYSTAL BALL PICK TO UK, WITH ONLY A 6 MEDIUM CONFIDENCE, BUT I LIKE THE MOMENTUM.)

Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY (CRYSTAL BALL TO UK BY WILTFONG - CONFIDENCE OF 7 HIGH) (maybe replacement for Nicholson)
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN (COMMITED TO VANDERBILT)
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (Two CB-6's for Michigan)
Quinton Conley, WR, Kansas City, MO
Laquan Robinson, S, Greenville, AL
Kaleb Webb, WR, Powder Springs, GA
Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY (CB-7 High by Edwards)
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Tyree Rainey, S, Donalsonville, GA
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN

Reactions: TuckyFB
DeCarlos Nicholson just received a crystal ball to....Ole Miss. It's a Ole Miss insider, don't know his track record, but he has a confidence of 6 on the pick. more and more likely he never makes it to Kentucky.
Just looked at his Twitter account and he doesn't have ANYTHING about Ole Miss on his entire scroll. He has many about UK, even him in a UK uniform.

Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH (2 CB PICKS FOR UK, CONFIDENCES OF 8,5, ANNOUNCING 11/11/21)
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI (JOSH EDWARDS JUST CHANGED HIS CRYSTAL BALL PICK TO UK, WITH ONLY A 6 MEDIUM CONFIDENCE, BUT I LIKE THE MOMENTUM.)

Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY (CRYSTAL BALL TO UK BY WILTFONG - CONFIDENCE OF 7 HIGH) (maybe replacement for Nicholson)
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN (COMMITED TO VANDERBILT)

How serious is Northington's injury?

would love to see some talented db's pop up late on this list, similar to how we get trevin wallace last year
There are a ton of top DBs uncommitted for this class, but none of them are in Kentucky's recruiting footprint. They all seem to be from Florida, Texas, Georgia and California.

And Stunningly, we do not get the pick from Wagner as he commits to ND. Headscratcher, but he always kept things close to the vest. I don't think losing 3 games in a row affected his decision, but it probably didn't help either. Oh well, I guess Stoops still got an employee out of it, lol.

After losing Wagner and Grayson Morgan during the last few days, and Goodwin visiting all the schools recently, our OL class is shaky at best currently. Stoops and company need to right this ship NOW.

Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI (JOSH EDWARDS CB, WITH ONLY A 6 MEDIUM CONFIDENCE)
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY (CRYSTAL BALL TO UK BY WILTFONG - CONFIDENCE OF 7 HIGH)

Last edited:
Well, let's all move on and appreciate they guys who are joining the big blue nation.

Transfers:
Taj Harris, WR, Syracuse (career 151 catches, 2,028 yards, 10 TD's) Should be a starter next season.

Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN (4* Rivals, 5* 247, 4* Espn, 5* On3)
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 3* Espn)
Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY (4* Rivals, 4 *247, 3* Espn)
Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn)
Jordan Anthony, slot WR, Tylertown, MS (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Treyveon Longmire, ATH. Corbin, KY (high 3* Rivals, high 3* 247, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown DE
Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX (high ranked 3* Espn)
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS (#1 athlete in JUCO - Espn)
Brandon White, slot WR, Cincinnati, OH
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY

We are now ranked the following by each major service:

Rivals #19 Team Ranking, 7th in SEC ,(7 4*'s)
247 Sports #16 Team Ranking, 6th in SEC, includes 8 top 500 players from the class)
ESPN 7th SEC, 8 4* 5 top 300 recruits
On3 - #16 team rankings, 6th in SEC. (1 5*, 8 4*'s, 10 Top 500 players)

And with our current prospects list, UK could finish even higher depending on some future decisions. We also have the potential to move ahead of Missouri, and finish 5-6 in SEC rankings

Some good news - Elijah Reed commits to UK

Transfers:
Taj Harris, WR, Syracuse (career 151 catches, 2,028 yards, 10 TD's) Should be a starter next season.

Elijah Reed, CB, Lville, Ky (2* Rivals, 3* 247, 3* 247 Composite)
Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN (4* Rivals, 5* 247, 4* Espn, 5* On3)
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Alex Afari, ATH, West Chester, OH (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 3* Espn)
Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN (4* Rivals, 4* 247, 4* Espn)
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY (4* Rivals, 4 *247, 3* Espn)
Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn)
Jordan Anthony, slot WR, Tylertown, MS (high 3* Rivals, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Treyveon Longmire, ATH. Corbin, KY (high 3* Rivals, high 3* 247, 4* Espn, 4* On3)
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown DE
Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX (high ranked 3* Espn)
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS (#1 athlete in JUCO - Espn)
Brandon White, slot WR, Cincinnati, OH
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY

Rivals Team Recruiting Rank - 18th
247 Rank - 16th

Last edited:
Reactions: Girthang
I know Marrow offered the Klemm kid, but I'm hoping we try to get someone higher. Everyone thought Wagner was UK bound and yesterday was a shock.

I know Marrow offered the Klemm kid, but I'm hoping we try to get someone higher. Everyone thought Wagner was UK bound and yesterday was a shock.
MJ said on Radio ND convinced Wagner that VM was going to LSU? It seems to me if that was not the case the brother and VM could convince AW that he was not going anywhere. It all seems odd to me. No matter what anyone says the 3 game losing streak and the way the whole team has looked has NOT helped!

MJ said on Radio ND convinced Wagner that VM was going to LSU? It seems to me if that was not the case the brother and VM could convince AW that he was not going anywhere. It all seems odd to me. No matter what anyone says the 3 game losing streak and the way the whole team has looked has NOT helped!
Apparently thats a big rumor, that Michigan State's coach is taking LSU and taking the Big Dawg with him.

Apparently thats a big rumor, that Michigan State's coach is taking LSU and taking the Big Dawg with him.
Tucker is apparently about to sign a huge extension with MSU, close to 7-8 million a year, and I've seen LSU reports saying they are zeroing in on Jimbo, so maybe Tucker stays at MSU and we keep Marrow

I don’t follow recruiting all that closely but Wagner choosing ND over UK because of speculation that Marrow might leave for LSU just seems like a BS copout reason IMO. It’s not like Marrow would be his position coach, and he’s not choosing a school so he can be pals with an assistant coach. Plus, it’s something he could simply ask Marrow about and decide if Vince is being truthful.

Whatever…. Time to focus on young men who want to be here.

If you read the quotes Wanger has said about his reasons for picking ND, it's pretty obvious. He stated religion and education level multiple times. We cannot compete with ND on either of those fronts minus a few academic programs that UK has that are nationally rated.

Reactions: BigTyrone
Tucker is apparently about to sign a huge extension with MSU, close to 7-8 million a year, and I've seen LSU reports saying they are zeroing in on Jimbo, so maybe Tucker stays at MSU and we keep Marrow

I'd guess this makes it harder to keep VM. Tucker will be coming after Coach Marrow even harder than the last time

Good...when it's proved wrong we flip him

That seems highly unlikely. I think Matt runs with some very bad info sometimes. How many “sources” did he have for that?

Reactions: Girthang
I think that rumor is garbage. If Marrow turned down Michigan to stay with Stoops, he's going to turn down LSU.

Reactions: The-Hack
Getting Elijah Reed was great and he definitely has a lot of upside, but after losing Wagner and settling for a 2 star CB was a gut punch.

Reactions: C.W.S.pipesealer
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT