Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, ATH, Corbin, KY
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Brandon White, slotR, Cincinnati, OH

White, Fearbry, and Nicholson are our most recent commitments.

Nicholson is a long, athletic CB who was converted to the defense after initially coming to MS Gulf Coast CC as a QB. Nicholson holds three SEC offers. He is being recruited by Coach Collins. Many sources consider Nicholson as one of the top juco DBs in the country. With Cedric Dort and Quandre Mosely both gone after this year, Nicholson will have the inside track to start in 2022.

Fearbry was formerly a PA St commit. He decommitted on July 29 and was thought to be trending toward Pitt before becoming a surprise UK commit last month. Fearbry holds five SEC offers among numerous others. He is being recruited by Brad White. One of the top hs edge rusher targets to commit to UK during the Stoops era, Fearbry fits a big defensive need that has not been adequately addressed since Josh Allen graduated.

White, recruited by Vince Marrow, is an undersized slot receiver prospect from Cincinnati. White is a product of the legendary Archbishop Moeller hs program that has put hundreds of players into college football. Speed is White's carrying tool. It has been reported that White has run a 9.28 100 yard dash. If that is accurate, it represents world class speed. But White is small for an SEC athlete, both in terms of height and weight. White holds only two Power 5 offers, and UK is his only SEC offer. That Is a testament to the developmental issues other coaching staffs see for White due to his small stature. In the past, UK has developed some very good receivers on the small side, such as Craig Yeast, Derek Abney, Dickie Lyons, Jr, and Juice Johnson. But White (and Jordan Anthony) must get a lot stronger to join that group in the record books.

A new rule was recently approved that will allow college teams to sign more than 25 players in this class to replace their super seniors. Although Coach Stoops might leave a few roster spots open so he can accept more transfers, our 2022 class should end up with more than 25 signees. We already know the OL is an area of emphasis in UK's class. Darian Kinnard, Luke Fortner, and Austin Dotson will graduate, and one never knows when Dare Rosenthal might leave for the NFL. UK's coaches are still recruiting Aamil Wagner, Grayson Morgan, Drew Bobo, and OH St commit Tegra Tshabola. I do not believe UK can get Tshabola or Bobo now, but Wagner and Morgan are still very much in play.

It has recently been reported that Louisville Manual hs ATH Jawaun Northington is still in frequent touch with Coach Marrow.

I still believe Lexington Frederick Douglass hs receiver Dane Key will eventually commit to UK.

I expect WR Barion Brown to commit to Alabama, although his recent visit to Lexington means it isn't over.

Within a few weeks, I think we will hear about some new names on UK's fall recruiting radar.
Is the new rule to replace super seniors or to handle the new portal issues?

Wonder how they WR from Tenn 5 star kid visit went last night
It's crazy how different sites rate brown. I guess the ON3 site has him at 14. Rivals he is a 4 star #53. He is not in the Top 247 nor ESPN 300 though both have him a 4 star. 247 has him as the #17 ATH one spot behind Longmire. The composite avg is #193. I'm not saying anything about him just how are those rankings so far apart??

It's crazy how different sites rate brown. I guess the ON3 site has him at 14. Rivals he is a 4 star #53. He is not in the Top 247 nor ESPN 300 though both have him a 4 star. 247 has him as the #17 ATH one spot behind Longmire. The composite avg is #193. I'm not saying anything about him just how are those rankings so far apart??

If Bama wants him, I want him!

If Bama wants him, I want him!
As I stated the post had nothing to do with brown or how good he was. Just how far apart those rankings are.
it's not just him if you look at 4 different sites a lot of players will be all over the map.
I only look at rivals and 247, mainly 247. Only looked at ESPN to compare since KSR reported on3 had him 14. I hadn't heard of on3 till a few months ago when they bought KSR. This is the only time I have seen a guy top 15 in one and not ranked in two others. I do know he just made a big jump in rivals, maybe the others will bump him up also

As I stated the post had nothing to do with brown or how good he was. Just how far apart those rankings are.

I only look at rivals and 247, mainly 247. Only looked at ESPN to compare since KSR reported on3 had him 14. I hadn't heard of on3 till a few months ago when they bought KSR. This is the only time I have seen a guy top 15 in one and not ranked in two others. I do know he just made a big jump in rivals, maybe the others will bump him up also
Yeah on3 is a new site created by the guy who created 24/7. I'm not sure if I'm ever going to use that site for recruiting tho. Like you, I only used Rivals and 24/7

KSR posted an interview with stoops. He said he had a big time recruit on an official, aka Barion Brown Sunday. Took him to dinner that night and schooled him at pop-a-shot. Lol

Reactions: Canned Heat

Maybe the services will actually have to look at and evaluate recruits now that On3 is in the picture, instead of going by the offer sheets...

Maybe the services will actually have to look at and evaluate recruits now that On3 is in the picture, instead of going by the offer sheets...

Offer sheets still a better way of determining if a kid is SEC caliber.

Reactions: zcats
Well there are roughly 1600 signees to P5 schools each year plus lesser FBS schools & then even FCS schools. So a range of #14 to #300 doesn't seem all that crazy to me.

Well there are roughly 1600 signees to P5 schools each year plus lesser FBS schools & then even FCS schools. So a range of #14 to #300 doesn't seem all that crazy to me.
Yes in the middle or bottom. I will put it this way. There are zero 5 star players in rivals, 247, or ESPN that are not ranked by both of the other two. Not only this zero but atleast the last 5

Goes to show that there is no science to ranking high school players.

Reactions: Girthang
What do you think about LBer Daniel Martin?
Excellent prospect. Will need to add some weight to play LB ala DeAndre Square coming out of high school. Has been considered a Vandy lean since the summer, but hard to imagine him ending up there with just how bad they are, unless it's for the education. He will be in Lexington tomorrow, so he's definitely one to monitor moving forward.

Excellent prospect. Will need to add some weight to play LB ala DeAndre Square coming out of high school. Has been considered a Vandy lean since the summer, but hard to imagine him ending up there with just how bad they are, unless it's for the education. He will be in Lexington tomorrow, so he's definitely one to monitor moving forward.
He does look like a player. As you say, adding some weight to that frame will help. He has nice speed. I have been surprised things haven't heated up with us and this kid, before now.

He does look like a player. As you say, adding some weight to that frame will help. He has nice speed. I have been surprised things haven't heated up with us and this kid, before now.
Yeah he told 247 that contact with UK has really increased lately. He said they are selling him on the Jamin Davis route.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT