ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Keep an eye on average rank of recruit.

Some of these schools might sign larger classes, hence a higher “scoring” Class, but our 17-20 signees might be higher rated on average.
Right something to keep an eye on. But the top four by average now is still UGA/Mizzou/UF/UK

Reactions: The-Hack
Word is that Bama has dropped out of the recruitment on Brown. Looks like Kentucky's biggest competition may end up being Ole Miss. Think things are looking good for Kentucky though. Huge credit to Liam Coen and Scott Woodward here if Kentucky ultimately gets him.
Why did Bama drop out?

Nah. The plan for several months has been for Goodwin to commit to Kentucky, likely take OV to Alabama, OSU and Michigan State, but sign with Kentucky. You can never say don't worry as long as a guy visits other schools, but in this case, I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't sign with UK.
Saadiq Clements is going this weekend too, according to KSR. I like that those two are going together to keep each other UK grounded (I hope).

Word is that Bama has dropped out of the recruitment on Brown. Looks like Kentucky's biggest competition may end up being Ole Miss. Think things are looking good for Kentucky though. Huge credit to Liam Coen and Scott Woodward here if Kentucky ultimately gets him.
Wowza !! Thx. And I see 2 Rivals UK picks today including one flip from AL.

Quick update on things as momentum is through the roof right now. That's what happens when you beat big SEC names like Florida and LSU and play in big time environments.

Barion Brown is now a UK lean. As of 30 minutes ago, Andrew Bone, the Alabama insider at Rivals flipped his pick from Alabama to Kentucky.

Kentucky suddenly has the momentum in the recruitment of Detroit, MI DL/OL Deone Walker. I think Kentucky and Michigan are running closely together and believe the Cats may even have the slight edge here right now.

Dane Key will make his commitment one week from tomorrow and all signs are pointing toward Kentucky. Would be very surprising if he picks elsewhere.

Finally, it appears that Kentucky is still in a very strong position to get Aamil Wagner. Not a done deal, but I think it is a recruitment to feel very good about if you are a Kentucky fan.
Holy Mary… unbelievable that we are in this position. Hard work by every one involved!!!!

Reactions: The-Hack
Quick update on things as momentum is through the roof right now. That's what happens when you beat big SEC names like Florida and LSU and play in big time environments.

Barion Brown is now a UK lean. As of 30 minutes ago, Andrew Bone, the Alabama insider at Rivals flipped his pick from Alabama to Kentucky.

Kentucky suddenly has the momentum in the recruitment of Detroit, MI DL/OL Deone Walker. I think Kentucky and Michigan are running closely together and believe the Cats may even have the slight edge here right now.

Dane Key will make his commitment one week from tomorrow and all signs are pointing toward Kentucky. Would be very surprising if he picks elsewhere.

Finally, it appears that Kentucky is still in a very strong position to get Aamil Wagner. Not a done deal, but I think it is a recruitment to feel very good about if you are a Kentucky fan.
Perhaps players liked what they saw of us at UGa: tough, competitive, no give up, Levis, WR need, etc.

Keep an eye on average rank of recruit.

Some of these schools might sign larger classes, hence a higher “scoring” Class, but our 17-20 signees might be higher rated on average.
That's what was said here Sept. 19 when we were #16.

That's what was said here Sept. 19 when we were #16.

Well, with the names being bandied about, just the last 24 hours, we might (on Rivals) have our highest average recruit star rating in our history . . . 3.5 Star Average (+).

It is a significant statistical threshold, historically.

No. Some rumors that Alabama had something they wanted him to fulfill academically that he had not done. Again, that is NOT verified.
They are also recruiting 5 stars Evan Stewart and Kevin Coleman, along with a few 4 star guys. Could be he didn't do what they asked and/or one of their other targets is ready to commit.

They are also recruiting 5 stars Evan Stewart and Kevin Coleman, along with a few 4 star guys. Could be he didn't do what they asked and/or one of their other targets is ready to commit.
Yeah, I mean Alabama is basically unlike any other school (perhaps UGA and OSU) that are always going to have plenty of other options.

No. Some rumors that Alabama had something they wanted him to fulfill academically that he had not done. Again, that is NOT verified.
BigKitty1988 said:
He’s been suspended from his HS team for grades. Maybe y’all can place him the JUCO of your choice because he’s not coming to real college out the gate.

Not sure if this is the case but a twist that matches why Bama stopped recruiting him. Hopefully not completely true

BigKitty1988 said:
He’s been suspended from his HS team for grades. Maybe y’all can place him the JUCO of your choice because he’s not coming to real college out the gate.

Not sure if this is the case but a twist that matches why Bama stopped recruiting him. Hopefully not completely true
My guess is that the truth is somewhere in the middle. The Vol fan there is never going to accept something that is pro UK. We'll see.

This article says that Brown has been dealing with a pretty severe ankle injury and the coach is going to hold him out until the stretch run. So yeah, no truth to what the Vol fan is saying.

Much like Cal when he backs off a player, Saban is probably not going to get burned by dropping out of this recruitment. He must feel he's more trouble than he's worth.
Nothing wrong with UK rolling the dice though. He's by far the highest ranked WR that has shown serious interest in UK and honestly if this kid was an honor student we would have no shot.

• Haha
Reactions: Girthang
Much like Cal when he backs off a player, Saban is probably not going to get burned by dropping out of this recruitment. He must feel he's more trouble than he's worth.
Nothing wrong with UK rolling the dice though. He's by far the highest ranked WR that has shown serious interest in UK and honestly if this kid was an honor student we would have no shot.
I wouldn't say they would have no shot. Coen and Woodward have done an excellent job recruiting him and had Kentucky in his top two regardless.

Reactions: JPFisher and TIE543
We literally have no idea about his academics, just because some bitter Vol fan comes onto our forum and says he has issues doesn't make it true. They're just bitter, we're taking the Wade twins and raiding Tennessee again for one of the top WR's in the country.

One of the best players in the country is from there, Walter Nolen, and he's probably Bama bound

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT