ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Listening to Matt on the show right now, I think he's referring to Dane Key.

Stoops made the recruiting pitch at the end of his presser today. In response to the WR position question, he made a point to not let UK finish his presser before he said he is looking for that 10.3 guy. He had a big smile on his face.

Reactions: Girthang
He runs a 4.28 40 yd dash. I don’t care who is recruiting him if that is correct!

He is small, but so is Wandale and everyone sees what he can do.

The only thing I don't know is if he can catch the ball well and in traffic. I'll have to find some reel on him somewhere

I just saw that a Edge at Mich St. entered the portal. I forgot his name but saw he was from Tenn. Any interest?

Well, it looks like we are on commitment watch for Brandon White WR, Cincy, OH. Early on, may have not been a take, but it appears he will be joining us Friday. He has lightning speed. A little small, but assume the staff sees potential on being a homerun threat, potentially kick/punt returner.

Stoops may be looking for another JUCO or two to help immediately next year. No doubt, transfer portal will be utilized.

Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (loved the story of Big Dawg facetiming Dane while Dane was in the losing locker room Saturday, lol) (on track for a late October Announcement..)
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (CB 5 med to UK by Kurelic Ohio State insider AND CB 8 by Josh Edwards)
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN
Barion Brown, WR, Nashville, TN
Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY (CB-7 High by Edwards)

Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (Two CB-6's for Michigan)
Kaleb Webb, WR, Powder Springs, GA (committed to ECU, but still being recruited heavily) (offered 8/26/21 by UK, offered by UT 8/28/21) TY ROCK
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI
Laquan Robinson, S, Greenville, AL (UK offered 9/2/21)
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Tyree Rainey, S, Donalsonville, GA
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN

Jordan Anthony visited Mississippi St last weekend, but his commitment appears firm for UK.

2022 UK Commitments

Decarlos Nicholson, CB, Mississippi Gulf Coast, Petal, MS
Tomiwa Durojayie ,DE,Middletown, DE
Alex Afari, ATH West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB/WR Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX
Jordan Anthony, ATH/WR, Tylertown, MS
Tyrese Fearbry

Last edited:
Disappointingly few 2022 targets.

Nah. We are where we are with the 2022 recruits. It would be nice for them to experience the game, but the future classes need to see the atmosphere and hopefully the improvement in the passing game.

Nah. We are where we are with the 2022 recruits. It would be nice for them to experience the game, but the future classes need to see the atmosphere and hopefully the improvement in the passing game.
I think atmosphere could be a deciding factor for some of the 2022 recruits. Wish they had some here for the game.

2022 UK Commitments

AS EXPECTED (AT LEAST THIS WEEK), UK gets their 14th commitment in the 2022 Class from Brandon White, WR, Cincy, OH. He is short in stature, but a lightning speedster, who Liam Coen, apparently, feels is a great addition to the Wide Receiver room in the recruiting class.

2022 UK Commitments

AS EXPECTED (AT LEAST THIS WEEK), UK gets their 14th commitment in the 2022 Class from Brandon White, WR, Cincy, OH. He is short in stature, but a lightning speedster, who Liam Coen, apparently, feels is a great addition to the Wide Receiver room in the recruiting class.

Love this commitment speed kills defenses the more on the field the better

now if we can just get Key, Wagner and Brown then finish the class with five or six defensive players.

2022 UK Commitments

Hall was mentioned on local news this morning. His team, Austin Akins, defeated Austin High last night 20-18.

Here's a September 2nd report from Spectrum - Austin.

"At first it was really fun to get all these texts on Twitter and these phone calls," said Hall about the recruiting process. "I wanted to commit to Kentucky because I already knew that it was my home. I really didn’t want to keep going through with this recruiting process during the season. I wanted to focus.

He runs a 4.28 40 yd dash. I don’t care who is recruiting him if that is correct!

He is small, but so is Wandale and everyone sees what he can do.
Wandale and White are not comparable. Wandale outweighs White by 25 pounds and has thighs like a RB. White is a developmental recruit who will have to add bulk, but you can't coach that kind of speed.

Reactions: Canned Heat
UK's current recruiting class-

Alex Afari, DB, West Chester, OH
Jordan Anthony, slotR, Tylertown MS
Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE
Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA
Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX
Treyveon Longmire, ATH, Corbin, KY
DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS
Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA
Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN
Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Brandon White, slotR, Cincinnati, OH

White, Fearbry, and Nicholson are our most recent commitments.

Nicholson is a long, athletic CB who was converted to the defense after initially coming to MS Gulf Coast CC as a QB. Nicholson holds three SEC offers. He is being recruited by Coach Collins. Many sources consider Nicholson as one of the top juco DBs in the country. With Cedric Dort and Quandre Mosely both gone after this year, Nicholson will have the inside track to start in 2022.

Fearbry was formerly a PA St commit. He decommitted on July 29 and was thought to be trending toward Pitt before becoming a surprise UK commit last month. Fearbry holds five SEC offers among numerous others. He is being recruited by Brad White. One of the top hs edge rusher targets to commit to UK during the Stoops era, Fearbry fits a big defensive need that has not been adequately addressed since Josh Allen graduated.

White, recruited by Vince Marrow, is an undersized slot receiver prospect from Cincinnati. White is a product of the legendary Archbishop Moeller hs program that has put hundreds of players into college football. Speed is White's carrying tool. It has been reported that White has run a 9.28 100 yard dash. If that is accurate, it represents world class speed. But White is small for an SEC athlete, both in terms of height and weight. White holds only two Power 5 offers, and UK is his only SEC offer. That Is a testament to the developmental issues other coaching staffs see for White due to his small stature. In the past, UK has developed some very good receivers on the small side, such as Craig Yeast, Derek Abney, Dickie Lyons, Jr, and Juice Johnson. But White (and Jordan Anthony) must get a lot stronger to join that group in the record books.

A new rule was recently approved that will allow college teams to sign more than 25 players in this class to replace their super seniors. Although Coach Stoops might leave a few roster spots open so he can accept more transfers, our 2022 class should end up with more than 25 signees. We already know the OL is an area of emphasis in UK's class. Darian Kinnard, Luke Fortner, and Austin Dotson will graduate, and one never knows when Dare Rosenthal might leave for the NFL. UK's coaches are still recruiting Aamil Wagner, Grayson Morgan, Drew Bobo, and OH St commit Tegra Tshabola. I do not believe UK can get Tshabola or Bobo now, but Wagner and Morgan are still very much in play.

It has recently been reported that Louisville Manual hs ATH Jawaun Northington is still in frequent touch with Coach Marrow.

I still believe Lexington Frederick Douglass hs receiver Dane Key will eventually commit to UK.

I expect WR Barion Brown to commit to Alabama, although his recent visit to Lexington means it isn't over.

Within a few weeks, I think we will hear about some new names on UK's fall recruiting radar.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT