ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (official announcement 10/28)
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (CB 5 med to UK by Kurelic Ohio State insider AND CB 8 by Josh Edwards)
Laquan Robinson, S, Greenville, AL
Kaleb Webb, WR, Powder Springs, GA
Barion Brown, WR, Nashville,
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (Two CB-6's for Michigan)
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN

Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY (CB-7 High by Edwards)
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Tyree Rainey, S, Donalsonville, GA
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN

I expect new names to pop up on list as we head to the Winter signing period. Go Cats!

R_C: What position do you think KY would try to fit him into? Thx.
That is kind of the problem. He is a tweener. The kid just never grew after his Freshman year. Ultimately, I don't think UK will take him. I was surprised they brought him in for a visit.

WINNER: KENTUCKY WILDCATS​

Mark Stoops has Kentucky off to a 6-0 start for the first time since 1950 after the Wildcats throttled LSU on Saturday night. Amongst the visitors for UK were Top247 offensive lineman Aamil Wagner and four-star linebacker Daniel Martin. The two All-American Bowl selections have said the right things about Kentucky in the past and one would have to think the Wildcats only improved their chances of signing the two with their performance.

If Kentucky is able to eventually land Wagner and/or Martin it would likely give Kentucky a top 20-ranked recruiting class, which is pretty notable seeing as how the Wildcats have never finished higher than No. 22 overall under the direction of Stoops. Fast-rising 2023 quarterback Christopher Vizzina was another visitor of note for the folks in Lexington.

https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...-losers-weekend-week-6-172890002/#172890002_5

Maybe preferred walk on ?
He wouldn't walk on. Illinois was an option at one time. I still could see UofL ultimately taking him. I think Satterfield is starting to feel some pressure for how he has recruited the city of Louisville amongst the UofL fan base.

Reactions: yoshukai
He wouldn't walk on. Illinois was an option at one time. I still could see UofL ultimately taking him. I think Satterfield is starting to feel some pressure for how he has recruited the city of Louisville amongst the UofL fan base.
maybe the staff see him at another position

We could've used a Barion Brown today

I hope the Football Gods allow us to get him
Stoops has used his pressers twice now to pine for speed on the outside. Hopefully it works the second time too. He might have been talking about the Cuse receiver in the portal??

Oklahoma has got 2 really good defensive players in the past 2 weeks.

5 star DL Gabriel Brownlow-Dindy and today they got 4 star DB Gentry Williams

But somehow, every year their defense is terrible. I wish these type of players would come to Kentucky... We're damn near turning 3 stars into top draft picks every year on defense. I can't imagine what we'd do with these types of players.

OU & Tx will start paying more attention to their defensive recruits before they enter the SEC. They know they have to upgrade their D to compete in SEC.

OU & Tx will start paying more attention to their defensive recruits before they enter the SEC. They know they have to upgrade their D to compete in SEC.
OU loads up on great DEF talent every year. When you run and gun your D is constantly on the field. The faster you score the faster they come back out on D. OU is too OFF minded to have a great D though they have the talent. Kirby and stoops, slow the game down to let their D rest.

Reactions: Girthang
Have you ever noticed that head coaches that specialize on the defensive side have better defensive players and teams and offensive coaches have stronger offensive teams

Two five stars committing to SEC east schools (UGA and Mizzou) in the last 24 hours got me wondering how the East will shake out in recruiting rankings this class. I think there’s a real chance Mizzou finishes above UF. My prediction is UGA/Mizzou/UF/UK/UT/USC/Vandy

Recruiting has been incredibly impressive as of late for us. What a time to be alive.

As a bonus, living in Louisville, you folks wouldn't believe the jealousy of UofL's fanbase right now.

Basketball is obvious and has been consistent since we hired Cal, but the football envy is off the charts. They got hit with the double whammy this season: The ACC being the laughingstock of college football, and us being a legit threat in the supreme college football conference. Their tails are truly glued between their legs. And they see the recruiting and its salt in the wounds for them.

Goodwin 5 star on 247.

Rivals....

giphy.gif

Quick update on things as momentum is through the roof right now. That's what happens when you beat big SEC names like Florida and LSU and play in big time environments.

Barion Brown is now a UK lean. As of 30 minutes ago, Andrew Bone, the Alabama insider at Rivals flipped his pick from Alabama to Kentucky.

Kentucky suddenly has the momentum in the recruitment of Detroit, MI DL/OL Deone Walker. I think Kentucky and Michigan are running closely together and believe the Cats may even have the slight edge here right now.

Dane Key will make his commitment one week from tomorrow and all signs are pointing toward Kentucky. Would be very surprising if he picks elsewhere.

Finally, it appears that Kentucky is still in a very strong position to get Aamil Wagner. Not a done deal, but I think it is a recruitment to feel very good about if you are a Kentucky fan.

Quick update on things as momentum is through the roof right now. That's what happens when you beat big SEC names like Florida and LSU and play in big time environments.

Barion Brown is now a UK lean. As of 30 minutes ago, Andrew Bone, the Alabama insider at Rivals flipped his pick from Alabama to Kentucky.

Kentucky suddenly has the momentum in the recruitment of Detroit, MI DL/OL Deone Walker. I think Kentucky and Michigan are running closely together and believe the Cats may even have the slight edge here right now.

Dane Key will make his commitment one week from tomorrow and all signs are pointing toward Kentucky. Would be very surprising if he picks elsewhere.

Finally, it appears that Kentucky is still in a very strong position to get Aamil Wagner. Not a done deal, but I think it is a recruitment to feel very good about if you are a Kentucky fan.
2022 class is shaping up to be Stoops' best.

If we land all those dudes that would be a monster class.

Goodwin is visiting Alabama this weekend....I know this is just my pessimism talking but I hope 247 didn't bump him up to 5 star because they think hes going to flip to Alabama.

Reactions: westerncat
Goodwin is visiting Alabama this weekend....I know this is just my pessimism talking but I hope 247 didn't bump him up to 5 star because they think hes going to flip to Alabama.
Nah. The plan for several months has been for Goodwin to commit to Kentucky, likely take OV to Alabama, OSU and Michigan State, but sign with Kentucky. You can never say don't worry as long as a guy visits other schools, but in this case, I'd be pretty shocked if he didn't sign with UK.

Goodness, possibly leading for Brown? Woah. I never thought we could recruit like this.

Reactions: screwduke1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT