ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY (visiting UM this weekend)
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (CB 5 med to UK by Kurelic Ohio State insider AND CB 8 by Josh Edwards)
Laquan Robinson, S, Greenville, AL (UK offered 9/2/21) TY ROCK
Kaleb Webb, WR, Powder Springs, GA (committed to ECU, but still being recruited heavily) (offered 8/26/21 by UK, offered by UT 8/28/21) TY ROCK
Decarlos Nicholson CB Gulf Coast CC MS (visit scheduled 9/11 at Missouri game)
Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY
Barion Brown, WR, Nashville, TN (IS VISITING!!!)
Brandon White WR, Cincy, OH (delayed his commitment date, Per Rock, may not be a take to UWV or UK at this time, staff is watching)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA (visiting IU, have no idea on this recruitment)
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (announcing 10/1/21) (CB-6 for Michigan, visiting UT this weekend)
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI (all signs point to Michigan)

Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Trevon Alexander, OT, North Hardin, KY
Tyree Rainey, S, Donalsonville, GA
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA (new to the list, don't know much more than that, received offer May 4th)
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN (Decision coming soon) (visiting today)

Reactions: GH_UKBBN92
Couple things...Jaden Victor committed to Temple yesterday. Was/is a guy that UK perhaps had some interest in, but doubt he ever got an offer. Grayson Morgan is a take and is visiting Kentucky today.

we may lose 9-10 starters. Maybe the staff will be focusing on the transfer portal, but that seems like a stretch to replace 9-10 guys.

We have more underclassmen who were previously HS Four and Five Stars than we have positions on the defensive front 7.

I am not wringing my hands for our prospects for 2022 on the defense.

2022 UK Commitments

Decarlos Nicholson, CB, Mississippi Gulf Coast, Petal, MS becomes Kentucky's 13th commitment for 2022.

Tomiwa Durojayie ,DE,Middletown, DE
Alex Afari, ATH (DB IN COLLEGE IMO) West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB/WR Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX
Jordan Anthony, ATH/WR, Tylertown, MS

Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (CB 5 med to UK by Kurelic Ohio State insider AND CB 8 by Josh Edwards)
Kaleb Webb, WR, Powder Springs, GA (committed to ECU, but still being recruited heavily) (offered 8/26/21 by UK, offered by UT 8/28/21) TY ROCK
Brandon White WR, Cincy, OH (delayed his commitment date, Per Rock, may not be a take to UWV or UK at this time, staff is watching)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA (visiting IU, have no idea on this recruitment)
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI

Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA (new to the list, don't know much more than that, received offer May 4th)

Last edited:
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (announcing 10/1/21) (CB-6 for Michigan, visiting UT this weekend)is this a new date?? The tweet I seen, can't remember where, he said he was moving his date and wouldn't give. Anew date till he had decided

Decarlos Nicholson CB Gulf Coast CC MS (visit scheduled 9/11 at Missouri game)
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (announcing 10/1/21) (CB-6 for Michigan, visiting UT this weekend)
Deone Walker, DL, Detroit, MI (all signs point to Michigan)

Trevon Alexander, OT, North Hardin, KY
---
CH, are the players on your list 2022 prospects only or a mixture of 2022 & 2023? Isn't Trevon Alexander (listed in the second group) actually a 2023 player?

Reactions: downw/ball-lineD
As I discussed a little bit here last week, I have been involved with a big project this summer that has required me to travel a lot. I haven't had much flexible time and haven't been posting.

So I want to gather my thoughts and review the status of our 2022 recruiting class here.

Current UK commitments-

Alex Afari, DB, West Chester, OH. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I think his UK commitment is firm. Dakota West hs is the same school that sent FB "The Terminator" John Connor, OT Kyle Meadows, and OT George Asafo Adjei to UK. Great hs program. Since many of the school's best players go elsewhere, it isn't a pipeline to UK. But the more Dakota West players we can get, the more that helps future recruiting.

Jordan Anthony, slotR, Tylertown, MS. UK recruiter- Jon Sumrall. I think his commitment is firm. World class sprinter but very skinny, needs to add muscle and bulk at the next level to keep from getting pushed off his routes by SEC DBs.

Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I think his commitment is firm. Product of the same hs program that produced former Wildcat LB Kash Daniel. Very strong, potentially elite SEC interior offensive lineman with impressive offer sheet.

Tomiwa Durojaiye, DL, Middletown, DE. UK recruiter- Brad White. Probably a firm commitment, but nothing would surprise me. Although somewhat of an under the radar prospect, Durojaiye has a nice, long frame and has received multiple offers from B10 and SEC teams. You don't see many SEC players from the state of DE, but Durojaiye is interesting.

Kiyaunta Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I think his commitment is firm. Native of Louisville, now one of the nation's elite hs OT prospects. Has offers from essentially every top Power Five program. Potential future all SEC player.

Nikolas Hall, OL, Austin, TX. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I think his commitment is firm. Son of former Wildcat and NFL player Antonio Hall. Playing hs football at a highly competitive level in Austin, TX. Might be underrated. SEC West programs wanted him.

Josh Kattis, TE, Cincinnati, OH. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I believe his commitment is firm. Kattis is a product of the powerful Archbishop Moeller hs football program in Cincinnati.

Treyveon Longmire, ATH., Corbin, KY I believe his commitment is firm. He was originally recruited as a DB, but one hears talk now and then about developing Longmire as a WR. I don't think the staff will decide for sure until he is participating in practices on campus. Multisport hs athlete who could become a very good SEC player.

DeCarlos Nicholson, DB, Perkinston, MS. UK recruiter- Chris Collins. I believe his commitment is firm. Currently the only juco player committed to UK's class, and considered one of the best juco DBs in the country. A former QB who switched to CB. Long body, quick feet. Likely to start at CB for UK next year.

Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I believe his commitment is firm. Considered the best hs placekicker in KY and one of the best in the country.

Andre Stewart, DB, Kennesaw, GA. UK recruiter- Anwar Stewart. I think his commitment is firm. He was still taking unofficial visits to other SEC schools in July, but that has stopped. Potentially high upside player.

Destin Wade, ATH, Spring Hill, TN. UK recruiter- Liam Coen. I think his commitment is firm. One of the most athletic commitments in our class. Recruited as a QB but could fit at several other positions.

Keaton Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN. UK recruiter- Brad White. I think his commitment is firm. Given time, potentially elite SEC edge rusher.

Some uncommitted prospects still holding UK offers-

Tyler Banks, LB, Crewe, VA. UK recruiter- Brad White. Longshot for UK, probably headed to VA Tech.

BJ Blake, DB, Hyattsville, MD. UK recruiter- Brad White. Blake is a long bodied, interesting DB who has not yet narrowed his recruitment.

Drew Bobo, OL, Auburn, AL. UK recruiter- Eric Wolford. He visited Lexington on June 25. I think UK's chances have probably faded somewhat over the summer, but Eric Wolford is a friend of the Bobo family so it could still happen.

Barion Brown, WR, Nashville, TN. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. UK is in a battle with Bama for Brown. He has an upcoming visit scheduled to UK's campus. Would be a great fit for Coach Coen's offense. Beating out Bama for Brown would be difficult but not impossible if he hits it off with Coen.

Quinton Conley, WR, Kansas City, MO. UK recruiter- Frank Buffano. Three months ago, I thought his UK commitment was about to happen. Why it didn't, I don't know. But the longer this drags out, the more I believe it might not happen. Don't know if his UK offer is still committable.

Tyreese Fearbry, LB, Pittsburgh, PA. UK recruiter- Brad White. Fearbry recently decommitted from PA St. He is still taking campus visits. I could be wrong, but I don't believe he will end up at UK. Pitt and IU look more likely. Would love to get him though.

Joshua Josephs, LB, Kennesaw GA. UK recruiter- Anwar Stewart. Product of the same hs program that is producing current UK commitment Andre Stewart. Josephs is a legitimate SEC LB prospect, but he might end up playing in the B10. Probably going to MI. UK has a shot, but it won't be easy.

Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I can't blame Key for procastinating. He wants to make sure UK is serious about sticking with a balanced offense and throwing the football downfield a lot. Coach Bouknight's problems certainly haven't helped here either. But I still believe Key will probably sign in UK's class. Coach Coen wants him. Key's father played football for UK, and Coach Marrow has built a pipeline to UK from Frederick Douglass hs. Key may not be an immediate impact SEC recruit, but he has a high upside.

Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN. UK recruiter- Eric Wolford. Morgan is a long, lanky, projectable OL prospect. He will need to add muscle and bulk at the next level, but he has athleticism, long arms, and excellent feet. A number of SEC programs have offered him, but UK appears to be one of his current leaders. May announce soon.

Jawaun Northington, RB, Louisville, KY. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. It is anyone's guess whether Northington's UK offer is currently committable. He is one of a small number of RB prospects to receive a UK offer in this class, and he is being recruited by UK's Recruiting Coordinator. So he might end up in our class. But his recruitment has been very quiet.

Elijah Reed, DB, Louisville, KY. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. Long bodied CB who stood out at a camp in Lexington in June and earned an offer there. Questionable whether his UK offer is currently committable.

Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA. UK recruiter- Anwar Stewart. This is a long shot. UK is the only eastern school on this west coast hs player's short list. UK is battling OR and UCLA.

Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. Six weeks ago, I would have predicted OH St. But once OH St insider Bill Kurelic predicted UK for Wagner, that was good enough for me. So I think he is a future Wildcat, and his announcement may be coming soon. Coach Marrow has done a great job recruiting him.

Deone Walker, OL/DL, Detroit, MI. UK recruiter- Eric Wolford. Probably going to MI. UK an unlikely destination.

Brandon White, slotR, Cincinnati, OH. UK recruiter- Vince Marrow. I am suspicious that his UK offer might not currently be committable. If it was, then I believe he would already have committed to us. So I doubt he ends up at UK.

It is worth mentioning two committed players who have gotten some mention as possible UK targets.

Tegra Tshabola, an OT prospect from West Chester, OH, is committed to OH St. Vince Marrow is his UK recruiter. Although he is a friend and teammate of Alex Afari and visited UK with Afari, I believe Tshabola will hold firm and sign with OH St unless the Buckeyes pull his offer for some reason (such as too many OT commitments). In fact, Tshabola's commitment to OH St is one reason I believe Aamil Wagner will fit better at UK than OH St, where he also holds an offer.

Kaleb Webb, a WR prospect from Powder Springs, GA, is committed to ECU. Webb recently received a UK offer. His UK recruiter is Chris Collins. If UK keeps recruiting him, he might switch. But Dane Key and Barion Brown are UK's top WR targets.

Do we go portal for CRods replacement?
Jutahn is anyone's guess and Smoke just doesn't do it for me as the featured back.
Drennen and Wright, we still don't know their ceilings.
Would love to see us add a sure fire starter a la Levis at RB for 22.

Jutahn is anyone's guess and Smoke just doesn't do it for me as the featured back.
Surely Jutahn will AT LEAST be back next year ,right ? I mean , unless he is so pissed off at the situation that he leaves on his own accord. I’m expecting all the be reinstated with the possible exception of Tisdale , if in fact he did brandish a gun .

I think given current scholarship RB next year will be Smoke, Tisdale, JuTahn McClain, DrennanTorrance Davis and LaVell Wright....and I think LaVell Wright has the look of the main between the tackles RB...I think they stay put at RB unless they can real in a top tier one and instead go big in 2023 class for RB

I think given current scholarship RB next year will be Smoke, Tisdale, JuTahn McClain, DrennanTorrance Davis and LaVell Wright....and I think LaVell Wright has the look of the main between the tackles RB...I think they stay put at RB unless they can real in a top tier one and instead go big in 2023 class for RB
JuTahn would be getting a lot of carries right now if he wasn't involved in the frat fight. I'm excited about him.

Surely Jutahn will AT LEAST be back next year ,right ? I mean , unless he is so pissed off at the situation that he leaves on his own accord. I’m expecting all the be reinstated with the possible exception of Tisdale , if in fact he did brandish a gun .
Kinda what I was thinking.
JM was the probable starter for 22 before the incident but it's really up in the air right now.

Would Smoke even be considered a top 10 SEC back if he was the starter in 22?
Poor man's Boom IMO.
Hope to see Wright get some carries this Sat.
Definitely see an opportunity for a transfer to come in and start next year.

Reactions: TIE543
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT