ADVERTISEMENT

State of 2022 Recruiting

I don't get why they offer so many then tell them they're to wait and see if they have a scholarship or not. Or just flat tell them no. I know everyone does it. Prime example. Landers OG from Mich. Kid has tried to schedule an announcement twice and his choices that offered him, said no. I understand it's business. That would really suck though
Yeah, I mean UK sends out 300 plus verbal offers in a given recruiting class and only a handful will get written offers. If you follow things closely, you can usually tell who the top priorities are. Of course, things can change with certain guys over time. They either rise or fall on the staff's board depending on any number of factors.

I don't get why they offer so many then tell them they're to wait and see if they have a scholarship or not. Or just flat tell them no. I know everyone does it. Prime example. Landers OG from Mich. Kid has tried to schedule an announcement twice and his choices that offered him, said no. I understand it's business. That would really suck though
Football recruiting is kind of like dating when you were young. You have tiers. Top tier is is I'll drop anyone for you. Second tier is I'll take you to meet mom. Third tier is I'll spend money and take you away for the weekend or out for a big night with all my friends. Last tier is booty call material. Right now he's in the booty call zone, but if a few others back out of our dates, we can promote him up to weekend warrior and offer him a scholly.

Last edited:
Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY
Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (visiting this weekend, reel him Stoops)
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Trevon Alexander, OT, North Hardin, KY
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA (new to the list, don't know much more than that, received offer May 4th)
Decarlos Nicholson CB Gulf Coast CC MS (visit scheduled 9/11 at Missouri game)
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (visiting UM again 9/12, has not visited us yet, latest he states Michigan showing the most love...) (Teammate of commitment Andre Stewart, priority target)
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN (Decision coming soon) (may not be a take currently..)
Brandon White WR, Cincy, OH (delayed his commitment date, Per Rock, may not be a take to UWV or UK at this time)
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA (need to get a visit)
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC (probably Auburn, dad is coach there)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA

Last edited:
I'd say you can probably go ahead and scratch Quinton Conley and Ka'Marii Landers. Also, Omari Kelly committed to Auburn and Bryson Hurst committed to Ole Miss.

Reactions: Canned Heat
I'd say you can probably go ahead and scratch Quinton Conley and Ka'Marii Landers. Also, Omari Kelly committed to Auburn and Bryson Hurst committed to Ole Miss.
Is Northington now an immediate take? Seems I read that Settle offered another highly regarded RB. How many do we take in this class?

Is Northington now an immediate take? Seems I read that Settle offered another highly regarded RB. How many do we take in this class?
Kentucky wanted to watch him his first few games, which tells me he has work to do to be a take. They may not take a RB this year. We'll see.

Love this thread and the consistent updates! Thanks to all who participate.

Query: for those in the know, who r Uks most likely 2022 defensive commits? We may start 9/10 seniors on defense this year. Defensive recruiting seems to b lagging behind a bit in 2022. UKs roster is already a bit out of balance. Last I looked UK has like 10 more offensive guys on the roster than defensive guys. Primarily, non contributing WRs making up like 12-15 scholarship spots. tIA to any serious responses

Reactions: yoshukai
2022 UK Commitments

Tomiwa Durojayie ,DE,Middletown, DE
Alex Afari, ATH (DB IN COLLEGE IMO) West Chester, OH
Grant Bingham, OL, Paintsville, KY
Kiyaunte Goodwin, OL, Charlestown, IN
Josh Kattus, TE, Cincinnati, OH
Treyveon Longmire, DB/WR Corbin, KY
Jackson Smith, K, Danville, KY
Andre Stewart, DB, Snellville, GA
Destin Wade, QB, Spring Hill, TN
Keaten Wade, LB, Spring Hill, TN
Nikolas Hall, OT, Austin, TX
Jordan Anthony, ATH/WR, Tylertown, MS

We have 4-5 defensive commitments so far. Keaton and Stewart are top notch. DL seems hard to recruit this year but hopefully we can round out the class with one. Due to transfer I have no idea how many HS recruits we take. Maybe we pull a couple of lineman next year in the transfer portal.

Dane Key, WR, Lexington, KY
Aamil Wagner, OL, Dayton, OH, (visiting this weekend, reel him Stoops)
Dijons Jennings, QB, Reynoldsburg, OH
Trevon Alexander, OT, North Hardin, KY
Decarlos Nicholson CB Gulf Coast CC MS (visit scheduled 9/11 at Missouri game)
Jawaun Northington ATH/RB, Louisville, KY
Jaden Victor, S, Davie, FL
Tyree Rainey, S, Donalsonville, GA
Andrew Savaiinaea, DL, Graham, WA (new to the list, don't know much more than that, received offer May 4th)
Elijah Reed DB, Louisville, KY
Joshua Joseph, LB, Kennesaw, GA (visiting UM again 9/12, has not visited us yet, latest he states Michigan showing the most love...) (Teammate of commitment Andre Stewart, priority target)
Osiris Ross, ATH, Ramseur, NC
Justin Jenkins, DT, irvington, NJ
Mikeece Jones, CB, Nashville, TN
Grayson Morgan, OL, Nashville, TN (Decision coming soon) (may not be a take currently..)
Brandon White WR, Cincy, OH (delayed his commitment date, Per Rock, may not be a take to UWV or UK at this time, staff is watching)
Tyler Banks, ATH, Crewe, VA (need to get a visit)
Drew Bobo, OL, Columbia, SC (probably Auburn, dad is coach there)
Tyrese Fearbry, EDGE, Pittsburgh, PA

Last edited:
Reactions: vhcat70
any updates
We have visitors confirmed for tomorrow and next Saturday. IMO, some are simply waiting to see how we perform especially on the offensive side of the ball. Still a couple of months from early signing day so probably a few weeks out from seeing new commitments

Reactions: GH_UKBBN92
We have visitors confirmed for tomorrow and next Saturday. IMO, some are simply waiting to see how we perform especially on the offensive side of the ball. Still a couple of months from early signing day so probably a few weeks out from seeing new commitments
Just seen Gavin Winsatt, is enrolling early and signing a 6 figure NIL deal

Kentucky boosters businesses need to step it up. I guess I feared that NIL MAY not be the best for UK FB
Our biggest businesses will go after bball first. That’s potentially the problem. The Wimsatt news is so bizarre to me. Play a couple games for your high school then start college on a random Monday in September? Times are changing but good for him on the NIL deal I guess.

Last edited:
Sorry, but it's truly how I feel. It might help a little bit once the NCAA or somebody comes up with uniform rules to govern the whole thing, but right now it's like the wild west, only worse.
Don't worry. There'll be some barbed wire soon. NCAA is probably fuming out the month they're not getting a cut of everything.

Idek how you can even govern something like this. You’re worth what someone is willing to pay. I’m not sure how you can justify putting a cap on it.

UK stopped recruiting Wimsatt. This isn't a loss for us.
I posted the news. I honestly don't believe UK quit till they realized he was going else where. I wasn't posting it because UK lost but because of the nil news and him leaving HS after 2-3 games to enroll in college.

Reactions: UKRob 73
Or UK has been shooting blanks in recruiting for 3 months after getting off to a hot start...

UK's loses 5 OL this year....there is all times of early playing time available and a kid like Baer could beat out RJ Adams, Quinten Wilson, John Young, etc... for early PT.

I think UK recruiting has taken a step back with the loss of Clink alongside the new NIL elephant in the room....nonethless....what started out looking like best class ever at UK is not shaping up that way at the current trajectory.
It's the end of the world!! Everybody panic!!

Reactions: Rembrandt90
Sorry, but it's truly how I feel. It might help a little bit once the NCAA or somebody comes up with uniform rules to govern the whole thing, but right now it's like the wild west, only worse.
I truly don't think the Bama's and OSUs of world will be able to help themselves, they will kill the spirit of the game. We already have some evidence of it with COA.

We sure as hell aren't impressing any recruits right now.

I would hope the latter because that means we're in a good position with Key
As of yesterday, UK should have put itself in a much stronger position for Key given the prolific passing attack and Coen's successful debut. Prior to that, the legal problems with Bouknight had to hurt our chances. Key has become an important recruit. Not a must get, not the most important in the class. But still very important. Key has SEC athleticism and will develop SEC size in a strength program. He is not a slot receiver. Coen needs to go get him.

Ok , my earlier post didn't age well. Our Offensive had to impress Dane Key. At least show him we lack depth, and he could contribute right away. Same Thing for Barrion Brown, although Bama is top of his list, maybe he can see playing time early and is close to Lexington being from Nashville.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT