ADVERTISEMENT

So who signs with us next ?

Won’t be Mullins. Don’t bet your paycheck. This is a UConn vs. IU battle.
What makes you say that. Most of the recent online chatter seems to be that Ky and UConn are the front runners and UI is in a distant 3. Not saying you are wrong, just wondering if this based on your gut feeling/desire or actual boots on the ground evidence.

Reactions: Ky grandpa
What makes you say that. Most of the recent online chatter seems to be that Ky and UConn are the front runners and UI is in a distant 3. Not saying you are wrong, just wondering if this based on your gut feeling/desire or actual boots on the ground evidence.
I can’t disclose that but just don’t get your hopes up. I’m inclined to pick UConn today. Would love him at IU but right now I’d say UConn. Indiana was never a distant 3. His interest in UK was quick but fleeting.

Reactions: yoshukai
Brown is the one I think we land next. Mullins became a longshot the second UConn began to prioritize him.

Cenac is fascinating, however.

according to the KSR board with recruiting guys, Mullins wont be at UK and he, Brown and other players they didnt name dont want to play with Jasper. The guys would not go into what people recruiting against us were saying about Jasper or why the camps are concerned about playing with him. But with them not wanting to go into details it makes me concerned thinking its to protect our future player and you only do that if its true about him

according to the KSR board with recruiting guys, Mullins wont be at UK and he, Brown and other players they didnt name dont want to play with Jasper. The guys would not go into what people recruiting against us were saying about Jasper or why the camps are concerned about playing with him. But with them not wanting to go into details it makes me concerned thinking its to protect our future player and you only do that if its true about him
Maybe this is why the staff is going all in for Acaden Lewis.

Think that’s what they are going all in on Lewis now

Reactions: Wildcat-in-STL
If they can get Lewis, then I’m fine with them going to the portal to get a shooter
Mullins is a great shooter but the reviews on the rest of his game is so so, is that accurate? 10 years ago recruiting decided a teams fate. Now with NIL and the transfer portal losing a freshman isn’t as important as it once was it appears.

If they can get Lewis, then I’m fine with them going to the portal to get a shooter
I’d be shocked if more than one more perimeter recruit signs on here.

While turnover is possible you already have:
Perry
Johnson
Oweh
Chandler
and Noah

at the perimeter slots. Say you add any of our mentioned targets, but let’s go with Lewis due to the negative KSBoard update about others.
Minimum minute expectations in my mind(probably more):
Perry:10-15
Johnson: 20
Oweh: 20
Chandler: 20
Noah: 10
Lewis: 15

All those guys play the 1-3 and project little to nothing at the 4. That’s 95-100 minutes right there of the possible 120(if my math checks out)! I’d also think all of them want at least a little more than I listed.

I think the big takeaway I have from Jasper is more the SG/CG vision and not being a primary PG. Also adds more as to why Lewis makes more sense now. Like Pope says, the roster is very dynamic.

Great so it worked out, it’s out there from other places. The whole I have sources trust me bro from other schools is so idiotic. If a UK fan did that on the loser Pegs site they’d be banned.
No they wouldn’t. Richie comes over all the time. You are making a big deal out of nothing.

No they wouldn’t. Richie comes over all the time. You are making a big deal out of nothing.
Ask how many have been banned there without even posting. You don’t know what you’re talking about. In fact do a search on this site about being banned there. Your clueless.

Every year we hear this crap that a certain high school recruit doesn't want to play on the same college team with another player. We heard that DJ Wagner didn't want to play with Aaron Bradshaw. We heard that there was no way that Jeff Sheppard would ever let his son Reed play for John Calipari...... Well, how did those 2 lies turn out

Reactions: westerncat
If we add any more guards, I would like to add a portal guard, but it looks like Lewis is the PG Pope is all in for. Reports are saying pretty much everyone on the staff went to see Lewis.

So if we get Lewis, are we done in the backcourt?

PG Perry/Lewis
SG Johnson/Chandler
SF Oweh/Noah

I would still like to get a veteran PG to lead the way. Let Lewis back them up. Then you free up Perry to be a shooter off the bench behind Johnson and let Oweh, Chandler, and Noah fight for minutes at the 3. That’s assuming all these guys return (including Oweh).

Should be interesting to see how it unfolds in the backcourt.

I am more concerned with the frontcourt. There is a gaping hole at the 4 right now. I’d love to get Cenac or Yessoufou (I see him as a small ball 4), but if not, there will be some portal guys we can go after.

Thats all BS

Reactions: Victorbmyboy
Every year we hear this crap that a certain high school recruit doesn't want to play on the same college team with another player. We heard that DJ Wagner didn't want to play with Aaron Bradshaw. We heard that there was no way that Jeff Sheppard would ever let his son Reed play for John Calipari...... Well, how did those 2 lies turn out
Well in this case his father has said that the signing of Johnson has made them re-evaluate where he fits in at UK .

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT