ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

No doubt. One year ago today Dilly was about to ruin the season with his out of control play.
You can no doubt see some things about players like bad form, laziness, doesn’t rebound, doesn’t play defense, etc.. but highlights and AAU play basically show talent, and what a player may become with the right system and coaching.

Reactions: chroix
Is it just me or is it a little weird that he is announcing at a HS he no longer attends in front of a student body he no longer is a part of?
Those are his folks he grew up with and know very well. People that have been with him through thick and thin and helped him get to the point he is at now. So no there is nothing weird about it at all. Those people probably understand his decision to go to OTE for his senior season.

Reactions: bucsrule8872
Those are his folks he grew up with and know very well. People that have been with him through thick and thin and helped him get to the point he is at now. So no there is nothing weird about it at all. Those people probably understand his decision to go to OTE for his senior season.
Thanks.

I just found it odd that he hasn’t attended school with these kids for the last few years and decided to announce there.

Didn’t realize he was tight with the community. Hopefully that helps UK land him.

We only took 2 freshmen that year (and a transfer in Pope) and were full on scholarships. The other freshman was Epps, so it's hard to say in hindsight if we might have taken BOTH Sheppard and Allen but not Epps. Or maybe Pitino really liked Epps as a PG and only was going to take 1 SG.
I don't think Pitino was all into Epps, it seemed more like he played him because Epps didn't leave him with a better option.

He just insisted on being the straw that stirred the drink.

I don't think Pitino was all into Epps, it seemed more like he played him because Epps didn't leave him with a better option.

He just insisted on being the straw that stirred the drink.
Agreed.

Pitino even played Shep at PG in ‘95 because of this.

Then he brought in Turner for ‘96 and if memory serves he tried to play Delk at PG to start the ‘96 season.

Pitino was stubborn about not wanting to play Epps. He just didn’t think he was athletic enough to run the Point for us.

Luckily, he finally saw the light in ‘96.

Agreed.

Pitino even played Shep at PG in ‘95 because of this.

Then he brought in Turner for ‘96 and if memory serves he tried to play Delk at PG to start the ‘96 season.

Pitino was stubborn about not wanting to play Epps. He just didn’t think he was athletic enough to run the Point for us.

Luckily, he finally saw the light in ‘96.
he tried to start Delk at PG his freshman season
it was a huge failure

Reactions: G-PIP
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT