ADVERTISEMENT

Jasper Johnson

It is all about the money these days. If he wants to go somewhere else it is not much Pope can do and there are other kids out there that may be better or just as good.

Reactions: dl51344
I’m still stunned with this. Family is UK athletic royalty. Seems that Jasper would be jumping at the chance to play for UK rather than UK begging him to play for the top all time program.

If it’s all about 1 & done and how much nil maybe let him go. Might not bring the team first chemistry that UK is instituting. It’s a honor to be a homegrown Ky guy and get to play at UK. I would have thought he would have been like Perry, Sheppard, Moreno and Noah and couldn’t wait to put on that UK uniform.

Like to see him at UK but if he’s not all in for #9 do the Damien Harris thing but you won’t ever be fully celebrated in Ky.
Great point about Harris. I didn’t fault him for picking Saban. I didn’t fault Shaun Alexander for picking Alabama either. Both probably made the right business decision for their pro careers. But it’s also why guys like Jacob Tamme and Keenan Burton are still celebrated in this state nearly 20 years after they played here. And homegrown basketball players like Scotty Hopson are kind of forgotten. Guess we’ll find out what legacy means to Jasper very soon.
Has a top kid from Kentucky with an offer ever not ended up at Kentucky? Serious question.
Scotty Hopson is the most recent one I can think of.

Great point about Harris. I didn’t fault him for picking Saban. I didn’t fault Shaun Alexander for picking Alabama either. Both probably made the right business decision for their pro careers. But it’s also why guys like Jacob Tamme and Keenan Burton are still celebrated in this state nearly 20 years after they played here. And homegrown basketball players like Scotty Hopson are kind of forgotten. Guess we’ll find out what legacy means to Jasper very soon.

Scotty Hopson is the most recent one I can think of.
Did UK really recruit Hopson?

Not sure I can post this, but a certain recruiting guy seems to think UK has made up a ton of ground and are now equal in this race.

They are gonna suck me back into this recruitment 🤦🏻‍♂️

Reactions: Cayts69
Not sure I can post this, but a certain recruiting guy seems to think UK has made up a ton of ground and are now equal in this race.

They are gonna suck me back into this recruitment 🤦🏻‍♂️
I am at the point if he doesn’t want to come here best of luck to him and it’s clear he prefers Alabama. How ironic a Kentucky kid that plays basketball would rather go to a football school, one word Wow.😮

Jasper Johnson to UK would be to Pope what Tayshaun Prince was to Tubby. He's that early tenure elite 5 star that creates the chatter and curtails the fan-based recruiting pressure.

Reactions: true blue1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT