ADVERTISEMENT

So Where Are the Wagner Bashers....

Tampa_cat54

Senior
Apr 22, 2011
Tonight?

Dozens of threads bashing the kid after slower games, and none of you lining up to praise him when he plays well.

28 points tonight after 22 points against St. Joes.

Like I have been saying, WE NEED ALL 5 GUARDS TO BREAK THROUGH in order to get where we want to get to, yet some of you were almost celebrating his early struggles.

And now those "fans" are nice and quiet after these last 2 games.

GREAT to see all 5 guys play well, GREAT to see Wagner celebrating Dillingham's successes and vice versa, and GREAT to see this team beginning to click.

Excited where we go from here!

Last edited:
They're at home.....
68bce386-fad2-4c70-b754-eb0aa35a9009_text.gif

Tonight?

Dozens of threads bashing the kid after slower games, and none of you lining up to praise him when he plays well.

Like I have been saying, WE NEED ALL 5 GUARDS TO BREAK THROUGH in order to get where we want to get to, yet some of you were almost celebrating his early struggles.

GREAT to see all 5 guys play well, GREAT to see Wagner celebrating Dillingham's successes and vice versa, and GREAT to see this team beginning to click.

They’re upstairs shaving.

I’m glad he came out. I’m pissed more when Cal gives certain players more leash than others. I don’t criticize the players in a slump, I criticize Cal’s method of sacrificing a win to try to get his stars out of slumps. The bench is always the the best motivator.
But Cal’s method of letting him play through it worked.

Criticize it all you want, but Cal got it right.

Some of us tried to tell those that were giving him a hard time that it just takes time for some to adjust to the college speed of the game. In that 1st half that was the way UK use to play in years past. Great passing and great offense.

But Cal’s method of letting him play through it worked.

Criticize it all you want, but Cal got it right.
Surely you can admit it rarely works. Cal has a long history of sacrificing wins to help a player showcase bad play in an effort to force them to struggle out of the struggle.

Thankfully DJ is just good enough to get out of the funk. Edward’s is still struggling, but getting closer.

Surely you can admit it rarely works. Cal has a long history of sacrificing wins to help a player showcase bad play in an effort to force them to struggle out of the struggle.

Thankfully DJ is just good enough to get out of the funk. Edward’s is still struggling, but getting closer.
100%. Boston got way too long. Wheeler got damn near 2 seasons.

But people were calling for DJ to be benched 3 games into the season. I’ll bash Cal for A LOT of things, but I agree with letting DJ ride it out.

And most people wanting CJ benched are citing Reed’s minutes. The great thing is, Reed continues to play GREAT.

I’m glad he came out. I’m pissed more when Cal gives certain players more leash than others. I don’t criticize the players in a slump, I criticize Cal’s method of sacrificing a win to try to get his stars out of slumps. The bench is always the the best motivator.
Maybe, he knows how long the leash should be(sometimes). He sees them everyday in practice… we see them twice a week

This! Play the guys in particular games that give you the best chance to win. This isn’t a difficult concept to understand. Lulz

Tonight?

Not sure why anyone would bash a player.

The more leash may be paying off.

Tonight?

Glad to see he's playing much better against weaker competition. Let's see how it goes against Miami and UNC. I want the kid to play well....I really do.

I won’t make a big deal out of every big game he has if you guys don’t demand he be benched after an off game or 2.
I won't demand that he is benched as long as he remembers there are always 4 teammates on the court with him. He did a very good job of that tonight. Moving forward, we know that he realizes that whether he plays that way or not.

When DJ plays from the inside out he is great!!! I just want him to play like he did tonight, EVERY night!!! His strength is driving the ball strong, getting into the paint and either score, get fouled or dish it to open shooters. THEN when he gets that part of his game going, his 3 pt shooting is MUCH BETTER!!!

Tonight he played his _SS OFF on both ends!!! Great game DJ!! Let's keep this train ROLLING for the Canes!!!

I wonder if other fan bases are obsessed with fighting with their fellow fans, and Monday morning quarterbacking. Weird.

Also weird how folks never fail to grasp that emotions and knee jerk reactions are part of a fan message board.

As far as the topic, I said Wagner was playing terrible. But I'm pretty sure I always followed with something along the lines of 'but I can see it coming together at some point and Cal would get him playing well by the end'. It's actually ok to say if a player is playing poorly. Facts are just facts sometimes.

It will be, same as it was with wheeler. For some reason our fans need to create heroes and villains on the team. Strangest damn thing I’ve ever seen.

Got it- so you don't call out anyone for bashing Wagner (I checked your post history), but you sprint here to bash someone for standing up for him and bring the whole "heroes and villains" crap.

You'll be on here bashing Wagner again the next mediocre game he has, and trying to pretend to be non-partisan when he plays well. The true mark of a good fan in your eyes I would imagine.

This board is such a drama sideshow clown act. The freaking conspiracy theories and opinions are priceless.

Cals recruiting dipped. He missed on Cade...whiffed on Askew (so did analysts), Boston was a bust. He tried to right the ship with transfers who had no ceiling and he failed. End of story.

Now we are back to normal. Time to enjoy.

This board is such a drama sideshow clown act. The freaking conspiracy theories and opinions are priceless.

Cals recruiting dipped. He missed on Cade...whiffed on Askew (so did analysts), Boston was a bust. He tried to right the ship with transfers who had no ceiling and he failed. End of story.

That's why we love it though. Also, it's a bit deeper than that. Cal got lazy and hired a bad staff which killed recruiting.

And yet, we're winning games by 30 early in the season and all some "fans" on here cared about was Wagner not playing as well as Dillingham.

I agree it's a freaking circus on here, and I will always call out fake fans who resort to bashing our players instead of celebrating our team.

They had their moment to whine and complain, and now it's time for them to shut the hell up and, in your words, "time to enjoy".

Reactions: HagginHall1999
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT