ADVERTISEMENT

So, Bamba recently followed Duke players on Instagram...

Apr 16, 2009
Is Cal masterminding a Bolden payback where the UK Basketball Twitter account trolls Duke after the announcement?

Reactions: Mike-D
I'm at peace if he goes to Texas. I do not want him to play for Duke. One way to spin a Duke commitment is to hope that SKJ year 2 can be some percentage of what Bamba can give his one year in college. I know SKJ isn't quite the menacing / imposing figure, but SKJ could be solid on defense if he puts his frame and skills to the millstone this off-season and hones his craft.

Reactions: StormCruzzer
Cal said we aren't done yet. I doubt he was thinking about Diallo when he said that.

I'm sure this has been asked 200 times but I'm too lazy to look for it, when is the last day for him to decide? also when is the deadline to withdraw from the nba draft?

kermit-the-frog-drinking-tea-i-see-you-trolling-but-that-aint-none-of-my-business.jpg

I'm sure this has been asked 200 times but I'm too lazy to look for it, when is the last day for him to decide? also when is the deadline to withdraw from the nba draft?
I think draft deadline is 24th (maybe 23rd).

Technically no deadline for Bamba to decide.
He could just enroll in class for first semester and roll.

I can deal with him going to any school but Duke. Hope he comes here, but I think we can do damage with the front court we have now or for the whole team we have now is going to be good.

I'm hoping Bamba is UK bound. That said, Bamba is the most penciled in recruit since Trae young. Idk if that's a good or bad thing

I don't think there is a rule against it in the ACC is there?

Teams usually restrict it, but I don't know if they are in this case.

Edit: digging around a bit...seems UNC expressed interest in him today. Allegedly there's no rule against him transferring in conference, and since he's already graduated the school can't restrict it.

That being said, I can't imagine Pittsburgh being ok with this. Would make the ACC look pretty bad, imo, if they let their golden team poach a player from one of their lower tier teams and play right away.

Last edited:
I've always had this suspension he was headed to Duke, from what everyone is saying it's between Texas and Kentucky, but the same people didn't think we had a chance at Knox.

I don't know the last day but he could decide after school starts if he wants (Brandon Rush waited that long to pick Kansas)

I've always had this suspension he was headed to Duke, from what everyone is saying it's between Texas and Kentucky, but the same people didn't think we had a chance at Knox.

Knox is not the same thing. They kept their recruitment really close to the vest. Not to mention didn't drop anything about preferences on the court.

The Situation with Knox to Kentucky seemed so bizarre because we've got Washington and Vanderbilt. Therefore the media used those facts and formed a paradigm. The most common sense pick was Duke.

Bamba is different. We've got his spot open, and he's our big piece.

Reactions: TM2013
So you guys think he is playing with us and has secretly going to duke. I don't know about you guys but I know i was pretty straight with my buds growing up. Just stop K has zero history with the kind of player bam is. Everyone says how smart he is. He wants to be an Anthony Davis caliber kid and that is not what K does. He will not play PF at duke. Come on people add the things we do know up

I honestly think Bamba truly doesn't know & is still considering all his options, regardless of what anyone says.

I honestly think Bamba truly doesn't know & is still considering all his options, regardless of what anyone says.
Ok, so assuming 3 schools, what's the case for each? My guess:
* UT - History with coach, unquestioned best player on roster, recent success of Allen, good academics.
* Duke - Likes the coaches, great academics, trusts Duval.
* UK - Best bet for title, friends on team, gets guys to the NBA.

Can't see him going to Duke with Carter and Bolden there. In UT's favor is history with coach and good academics. In UK's favor is friends, title chances, getting to NBA.

Reactions: TrustinCal
I'm hoping Bamba is UK bound. That said, Bamba is the most penciled in recruit since Trae young. Idk if that's a good or bad thing
You can't really compare though as Young wasn't penciled in his senior season from soph year to the summer between his senior season maybe but by Sept or so we all knew him to Uk was unlikely. It is different if you talking about this late in the game. Cal has basically never lost a guy favored to him this late in the game . Hell even Wiggins by this point was looking like he was ending up elsewhere and did . When Cal has a guy pinned down late in the game he closes. Hell he said it himself - We ain't done and he wasn't talking about Diallo and Johnson really is only an option if we lose Diallo so he was talking about Bamba.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT