ADVERTISEMENT

One and done…

Jul 26, 2009
Has produced one and done in the tournament.
I watched a replay Karter Knox announcement, he’s probably a great young man but when he was asked why he chose Kentucky, he didn’t say anything about the university or the tradition, or winning. He said “I want to play for Cal, he said he would get me to the nba. I want to be an nba player.”
That’s what it has become. I remember the days when players wanted to go to UK because of the tradition and to compete for championships. That’s what gave us the greatest tradition in “college basketball”. Not just an nba prep school.

That's why I truly believe that at the end of the day, Cal will end up doing more harm than good to the UK basketball brand. His "player first" mantra has tarnished the program. Play for the front of the jersey not the back of the jersey.

Those days are long gone.
People don't go to schools like UK, Duke, Kansas, etc etc for the tradition. They go because they feel that will let them realize the ultimate goal.

It's been like this for quite some time tho.

I will go on record right now and say that Karter A lot Knox will be nothing but a cancer to the UK basketball program next year. His comments along with his father’s prior to his commitment indicated that he wanted nothing more than to be guaranteed as much plain time as possible to showcase what he hope would be his NBA skills. I was so hoping that Karter Knox would pick any team other than Kentucky. I hope I am wrong.

Reactions: IrishMike409
Those days are long gone.
People don't go to schools like UK, Duke, Kansas, etc etc for the tradition. They go because they feel that will let them realize the ultimate goal.

It's been like this for quite some time tho.
Well UNC is a blue blood and they got RJ Davis and Bacot to stick around and the school benefited....so it's not 100% this way or no way in terms of one and done.

Just need a coach that will sell it that way and build a roster with a mix of transfers, multi year guys and a one and done along the way.....and needs to coach the game and not just have one set offense/defense that he won't deviate from...(i.e. coach a little bit)

I said to hire Dan Hurley 5 years ago. Imagine if we had that guy.

What Cal has let this become is an absolute mess. His teams are soft af.

Reactions: delk4three
I said to hire Dan Hurley 5 years ago. Imagine if we had that guy.

What Cal has let this become is an absolute mess. His teams are soft af.

I mean the last two years Hurley's teams have been great obviously. A title last year and one of the title favorites this one.

Outside of that........I don't know.

If Terrance Jones and Doron Lamb don't return, we don't have the 2012 championship. You need top talent to develop. I always laugh when people see guys excelling in the NBA and they say "why didn't they do that here?" Well if they came back for sophomore or junior years they could have done that at UK.

Reactions: plumdog69
Has produced one and done in the tournament.
I watched a replay Karter Knox announcement, he’s probably a great young man but when he was asked why he chose Kentucky, he didn’t say anything about the university or the tradition, or winning. He said “I want to play for Cal, he said he would get me to the nba. I want to be an nba player.”
That’s what it has become. I remember the days when players wanted to go to UK because of the tradition and to compete for championships. That’s what gave us the greatest tradition in “college basketball”. Not just an nba prep school.
And this is the problem, UK has become a farm team for the NBA and nothing else.

Reactions: cat tat2
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT