ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard to St. John's

Will be interesting if he goes ahead and bolts for the NBA. Supposed to be a very weak draft although I despise talking or evening mentioning Cal's beloved draft. Many scenarios...what if Cal leaves, stays...how does that impact his decision.

Reactions: Fox2monk
If I was him I would have to consider it. He isn't going to get any better playing for Cal, and he isn't NBA ready right now.
I was thinking of Pitino this morning and how much he likes Sheppard. I know a lot of people don't like RP but I would like him back in a minute. You don't have to worry about being out coached with him. He can get the most out of his players. He knows the program and his way of coaching aligns well with what we like. Everybody has faults and regrets. Some want Pearl but look at his past. Not many could get it done here. Some want Drew. But look what he has done the past few years.

If I was him I would have to consider it. He isn't going to get any better playing for Cal, and he isn't NBA ready right now.
No Thanks Spam GIF by megan lockhart

Reactions: NociHTTP
I was thinking of Pitino this morning and how much he likes Sheppard. I know a lot of people don't like RP but I would like him back in a minute. You don't have to worry about being out coached with him. He can get the most out of his players. He knows the program and his way of coaching aligns well with what we like. Everybody has faults and regrets. Some want Pearl but look at his past. Not many could get it done here. Some want Drew. But look what he has done the past few years.
Wait am I understanding you right that you don't want Pearl because of his past but you are okay with Pitino?
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem

I deserve that. I still feel bad for going off on you on here a couple of years ago. I apologize, even though we still aren't likely to agree on much.
Lol, I don’t remember that, so it couldn’t have been that bad. And I probably deserved some of it.

Just read an article that said the three coaches we should consider are Drew, Pitino and Schertz. Drew is a good coach but can he get to final fours anymore? Don't know much about Schertz.

Pearl or RP would cheer me up.
2 Seniors, 41 points, 6 freshmen combined for 20 something points.

I wouldn't want Pitino back at UK, but he can coach. He called his players out publicly, then the players went on a run right after it because they had his back. That is how a coach and team should operate.

I read a book about Lombardi once. One of his players said, "we might call him an SOB, but by God you better not call him one."

Reactions: susan2361
That slime bag has been extra nice to Reed on Twitter just in case Cal leaves and there a chance he would transfer to St. John’s. On a side note, you have people calling Cal a terrible human and fawning over Pitino….thats total hypocrisy that can’t be taken seriously.

Reactions: TexKat and KFuqua
Wait am I understanding you right that you don't want Pearl because of his past but you are okay with Pitino?
No Way Wtf GIF by Harlem
My point is get who can get the job done the best. I just don't like Pearl at all. Just talking about his personality. Both have tainted pasts but who of us doesn't in life? I think Pitino gets the most out of his players. And just a solid coach. He has the experience of what it is like here.

That slime bag has been extra nice to Reed on Twitter just in case Cal leaves and there a chance he would transfer to St. John’s. On a side note, you have people calling Cal a terrible human and fawning over Pitino….thats total hypocrisy that can’t be taken seriously.
Do you people understand that there isn’t a single sliver of a chance he transfers anywhere? Like 0%. He either enters the draft (Likely) or comes back to UK (Whether Cal is here or not)

Do you people understand that there isn’t a single sliver of a chance he transfers anywhere? Like 0%. He either enters the draft (Likely) or comes back to UK (Whether Cal is here or not)
Yeah, he is like a lot of us. There is no other place. When I went to school it was UK or nowhere. Can relate.

Cal has frustrated fans but why would Reed hate Cal when his stock went up after playing for him ? He also averaged over 30 minutes the second half of the year . Players feel differently about Cal than we do

• Haha
Reactions: KFuqua
💯. This has been such a silly discussion at this point .

Those two options you listed are the only two options most likely happening

I wouldn't want Pitino back at UK, but he can coach. He called his players out publicly, then the players went on a run right after it because they had his back. That is how a coach and team should operate.

I read a book about Lombardi once. One of his players said, "we might call him an SOB, but by God you better not call him one."
Right, he maybe get some stripper love and become Pitino’s 3rd active player in the NBA. He may end up like SGA and others who didn’t get any better at UK if he isn’t careful.

Go read Sheppard's quotes from last night about the coaches. He's not going anywhere except the NBA.

I bet you reeds dad had this thought run through his mind after seeing the clown who coached his son this year

I wish you guys would just stop rooting for UK and just root for wherever Pitino is. It's really annoying. The dude barely improved on a Mike Anderson run team. Actually, the guys Pitino ran off at St. Johns may be even better than the trash he brought in.

OP, I posted essentially this same thread several weeks ago. Do a search for "Hot take, Reed should transfer or declare". Although I didn't specify where he should transfer, I didn't think St. Johns would be a good choice, the reasoning is the same. Calipari isn't capable of improving his game whatsoever.
However, it seems the NBA may be more likely.

Calipari isn’t capable of improving the guy’s who people thought would be a role player who is now a lottery pick. Just because Cal has been terrible doesn’t mean you have to make ridiculous takes to prove that point. Also what UK fan thinks Reed Sheppard should leave UK?

Why do fans of every school long for a Ex coach to return. Just because he was good 30 years ago?
I want Cal's ass gone. But how about they look for a younger hungry coach to lead them?

Reactions: shaudyshaud
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT