ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard. This is wild

87u8wp.gif

How much longer can Cal not start him?
Cal will be burned at the stake if he keeps this Ky boy phenom coming off the bench as he continues to have the highest plus/minus in the country.
Its absurd.
Who cares who starts? Would you rather your feelings not be hurt that he's in when the game is 0-0, or in the game when we it's important.

Would you rather him have more minutes, or start? Which is more important?

Cal will be burned at the stake if he keeps this Ky boy phenom coming off the bench as he continues to have the highest plus/minus in the country.
Its absurd.
I don't understand the stigma some people put on starting. (I'd be fine if he started.) But, total minutes and closing minutes matter much more than starting. I personally like the current setup with Reed and Rob coming in before the first tv timeout. They're almost always setting at the table around the 17 min mark. Opposing players are slightly winded and I really like how those 2 players take UK to a higher gear as the opposing team are wanting to coast for a couple minutes.

Injuries may put Reed in the starting lineup this weekend and he may stay there rest of the year. But total minutes and closing minutes are much more important than starting. I don't think UK fans will mind at all if the minute distribution stays where it is right now.

How high would he have to be drafted to surpass what he will make in NIL money. Be hard to imagine a player making more.

Without looking to confirm, but even the last pick in the 1st round is guaranteed a few million. If he climbs up near 15th, it's getting closer to $7-8m.

If he's truly this good, which I don't see any reason he won't be, he's gone.

Who cares who starts? Would you rather your feelings not be hurt that he's in when the game is 0-0, or in the game when we it's important.

Would you rather him have more minutes, or start? Which is more important?
Then start all the damn walk ons! See how silly that sounds?
The best players should start and guess what? Play the most minutes and be in the game at crunch time.
This isnt rocket science!
Start him!!!

The best players should start for sure. I feel like some people just hate the idea of Reed starting because they don't want to stir the pot in terms of some player(s) becoming unhappy.

Without looking to confirm, but even the last pick in the 1st round is guaranteed a few million. If he climbs up near 15th, it's getting closer to $7-8m.

If he's truly this good, which I don't see any reason he won't be, he's gone.
And should be.

Then start all the damn walk ons! See how silly that sounds?
The best players should start and guess what? Play the most minutes and be in the game at crunch time.
This isnt rocket science!
Start him!!!
I agree that starting matters and damn sure like being up 10 to 2 then down early while we wait for our best lineup to get on the floor. Start the best players that give you the best chance to win.

Its absurd.
I don’t care who starts. I will say one thing though, it will get tougher for Sheppard or anyone to be promoted into the starting role or even because of his early success, as teams will start to scout him better and put a larger emphasis on defending and attacking him as part of their game plan,

I don’t care who starts. I will say one thing though, it will get tougher for Sheppard or anyone to be promoted into the starting role or even because of his early success, as teams will start to scout him better and put a larger emphasis on defending and attacking him as part of their game plan,
That's true but I have a feeling that Reed is the type of player who could make you pay for that.

Reactions: Fox2monk
I don’t care who starts. However, I don’t know how an argument can be made by Cal or anyone that Sheppard and DJ should continue to get similar minutes. It may not matter who starts, but it definitely matters who gets the most minutes. I love DJ think he is a hard working and great kid, but at this point Shepp has shown he’s much better at all facets of the game. Continue to let DJ come along and get better and more confident, just not at Reed & the teams expense.

Everyone understands this is one of Cal’s things—riding players who are “his” guys but underperforming sometimes to the detriment of the team. Just don’t want to see that happen here all season.

Just wait, if he keeps anything close to this up. Reed will become the most popular player in college basketball this year period.
Maybe we can finally have the most hated white boy in America to our opponents rather than Duke lol. I mean he is nowhere near a douche or dirty like they are but he will hit a dagger 3 when it matters most!

Anywhere in the lottery would make him quite a bit more, then endorsements would be flying at him too.
I’ve already taken the mental stance that he is gone. Not gonna get my hopes up.

Some here will disagree, but if you are guaranteed first round it is crazy not to go. Even with NIL. KY kid or not, it’s life changing money and what you are risking by staying isn’t worth it.

I don’t care who starts. However, I don’t know how an argument can be made by Cal or anyone that Sheppard and DJ should continue to get similar minutes. It may not matter who starts, but it definitely matters who gets the most minutes. I love DJ think he is a hard working and great kid, but at this point Shepp has shown he’s much better at all facets of the game. Continue to let DJ come along and get better and more confident, just not at Reed & the teams expense.

Everyone understands this is one of Cal’s things—riding players who are “his” guys but underperforming sometimes to the detriment of the team. Just don’t want to see that happen here all season.
DJ is coming off a 28 point game… he’s fine.

Reactions: WildcatsAndBourbon
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT