ADVERTISEMENT

Sheppard the season ender

I loved shep taken the ten 3 pts shots because of Cal’s great screening to get him open. Glad Cal made that an emphasize tonight to get him open. ……. Oh wait, that didn’t happen!? Probably wouldn’t have mattered. He misses 47% of them anyways.

Reactions: Aike
He had a terrible game, but he also hit a shot that would have tied it late if Z doesn’t set a moving pick.

Team played tight as a drum because their coach is a washed up joke.

Reactions: KFuqua
We lost cause we let a dude that looks 37 hit TEN GOT DAM THREES!! half of them with one of our guys dongs in his face. Sheppard wasn’t the reason, but I do think these last couple of games showed he needs another year..or three.

Cal on the other hand has worn out his stay. Too bad we’re likely stuck with him. I’ve shied away from the criticism, but not anymore. I want the old Kentucky Basketball back.

Everyone not named Reeves and Mitchell played like dog sh*t tonight. Don’t see how you could single anyone out over another.
Spot on. Reeves and Mitchell showed up, as veterans. Our Freshmen wilted under the pressure of the brightest lights. They showed their youth and inexperience.

You're...not very good at this. Neither was Reed today.

He's been amazing all season but he gets really shaky when dudes chest up to him....it's almost like the rest of that bunches softness rubbed off on him throughout the year.
I’m good enough to know it wasn’t just Reed
Today. Try reading your basketball book for dummies more.

Reactions: KFuqua
Bobby Knight won a championship with a shooter no better than Reed and not as good in
every other area. But he set him multiple picks every trip down the floor and got him shots
instead of letting their worst shooters take the shots. I don't want to give Knight too much
credit; any decent coach tries to get shots for their best shooters instead of just which player
the other team decides to leave open.

Cal took him out way too late at the 3 minute mark . His loyalty to him allowed him to destroy the season . This loss is on Sheppard
Plenty to go around

1. Reed was truly bad../no sugar coating
2. Why play three 7 footers? That was my bigger problem. They don’t impact the game by rim protection, we outboarded them by 2, their post guy scored a good bit….yet they slow down the offense
3. Dj was brutal as well.
4. Our guards as a unit were unable to grab long rebounds…Just ball watching all year and again tonight. Shep got six boards but it was some gruesome possession due to no gusrds rebound

Since Robin left it’s been a long slide on technical coaching. I truly believe now it’s always been Cal recruiting and robic gameplan and teaching…and we see what half of it looks like without the other

Several key players had lousy games. When an individual player is ineffective, he's nervous/pressing/just having an off night. When several players are playing lousy, it's the coaching.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT