ADVERTISEMENT

SEC SEC SEC

I'm more disturbed by Cal calling Mississippi State "an Elite 8 caliber team" after defeating them. Well they didn't even compete in Round 1.....so that's disturbing.

It also leads us back to the discussion of eliminating the "conference parity" for greed. It does nothing but hurt your top teams in the conference from getting higher seeds and advancing deeper.

I think Michigan State will give UNC a game in round 32. Don't expect them to win but I think it'll be close for much of the way.

Meh, I always expect average SEC teams to lose rd 1 in the NCAAT. Bottom line, they stink. They play their best against UK, so we always think they're better than they are in the bigger picture, but they're usually not.
It’s ALWAYS been that way.

Reactions: ala_kat2
Michigan State was better than their seed would indicate. They were top 25 in Kenpom coming into the game and were 1.5 point favorites.

Anyway, getting crushed like that was a miserable showing by MSU.

Does anybody want to guess the final margin of the A&M game tomorrow? How many 3's do they make? lol

I don't get upset when other SEC teams lose. Most of their fans hate Kentucky and enjoy our misery so screw them.
Agreed. But it's an embarrassment how the league pushes for top teams to lose in conference to these slapdick posers who s*** the bed the second they get on the stage they think they deserve. When you have an actual elite program or 2--they help the other programs who can play--by making them play to a higher level which is how you'd see other SEC teams make good tournament runs in past. Now they can't play hand to hand combat in March and just hack and get a light whistle on the other end...they are lost offensively.

Cal will be watching with bug eyes tonight with no plan or adjustments. Hope the players can bail him out.
I’m guessing he starts his same bad lineup and Rob and Reed won’t come in until at least the 16 minute timeout, regardless of how we are doing. When they do come in they will be playing with Wagner and/or Edwards, and his best lineup will see maybe 4-5 minutes of total game time playing together, and there will be 15 or 20 different lineups altogether.

• Sad
Reactions: howercat
Maybe it is just us and a recent trend of the SEC beating up on Kentucky that we feel the SEC is much improved? Again part of Cal lowering expectations and talking about how good the SEC is due to them beating us. Kentucky teams in the 90's, 2000,s and early 2010's would have dominated the SEC this year period.
I would like to see someone make a case against this but not sure anyone can…

Reactions: ralphdaltonfan
SEC off to their usual stellar start in the tournament. Miss St getting housed by Mich St.
I'm so sick of this trash conference, beer muscles galore unless the other team's jersey says something other than Kentucky.
In the long run, you won’t go wrong if you fill out your brackets sticking to the rule Never Pick Any SEC Team Not Named Kentucky.

No SEC refs to protect their sorry asses.

South Carolina getting the crap beat out of them by a not very good Oregon team is just embarrassing. Doesn't make me feel good about UK's upcoming games.

Reactions: cathouse
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT