ADVERTISEMENT

Scott Drew .646 winning percentage

Drew began his coaching career as an assistant for Valparaiso under his father Homer Drew. Following his father's retirement in 2002, Drew would serve as the head coach of Valparaiso for one season before being hired by Baylor in 2003. Drew took over Baylor as a program in ruins, following decades of mediocre-to-poor performance and a public scandal that resulted in numerous NCAA sanctions. After four seasons rebuilding the program, Drew turned Baylor from a program with only one NCAA tournament appearance since 1950 into a perennial tournament contender appearing in 10 of 13 tournaments since 2008. In 2021, Drew would lead Baylor to a Big 12 championship, 28–2 record and their first ever NCAA championship. Drew's turnaround at Baylor is considered by many to be one of the best in the history of college sports.

Reactions: GoCats53
I will be happy with Drew or any of the coaching candidates that have been mentioned. Anyone will be better than Cal.

You aren’t coming across as a good educator.

If you take out the first 4 years of a rebuild, he has a .700 winning percentage and a national title. Your education is not working
3 second round exits over the last 4 tournaments.
Spin it how ever you want. Drew is Ass!

I was ambivalent before but I kind of want to hire Drew now just because this guy is crying about him so much.

I was ambivalent before but I kind of want to hire Drew now just because this guy is crying about him so much.
You have a total of 116 post here. We're the others as stupid as your last 2?
You Are Dumb Mario Lopez GIF

I give 0 fuccs about Cal. I'm trying to educate the idiots here who think Drew is a good hire. He's ass!
Drew began his coaching career as an assistant for Valparaiso under his father Homer Drew. Following his father's retirement in 2002, Drew would serve as the head coach of Valparaiso for one season before being hired by Baylor in 2003. Drew took over Baylor as a program in ruins, following decades of mediocre-to-poor performance and a public scandal that resulted in numerous NCAA sanctions. After four seasons rebuilding the program, Drew turned Baylor from a program with only one NCAA tournament appearance since 1950 into a perennial tournament contender appearing in 10 of 13 tournaments since 2008. In 2021, Drew would lead Baylor to a Big 12 championship, 28–2 record and their first ever NCAA championship. Drew's turnaround at Baylor is considered by many to be one of the best in the history of college sports.

You could have just said, Drew is Ass

Let's see what you got.
Drew sucks! Agree
You can’t even troll very well. Is Drew sucks the best you can do? Really?!?! It isn’t worth the time or effort.

At this point, I hope Drew is the guy simply so we can either watch you continue to have a meltdown or go away. Both will be enjoyable for us all.

Key words here are at BAYLOR.....
Baylor to Kentucky is like driving your Kia Rio into the Lamborghini dealership, and leaving in one of those.
We should be good for a decent percent increase in win percent just on NIL and resources alone vs what is available at Baylor .

You can’t even troll very well. Is Drew sucks the best you can do? Really?!?! It isn’t worth the time or effort.

At this point, I hope Drew is the guy simply so we can either watch you continue to have a meltdown or go away. Both will be enjoyable for us all.
Are you upset?

You aren’t coming across as a good educator.

If you take out the first 4 years of a rebuild, he has a .700 winning percentage and a national title. Your education is not working
That was no rebuild. That was a first time erection.

I've always stood up for our fan base when we have been accused of being ridiculous, entitled and whiny....but the way people are acting over the potential Scott Drew hire is embarrasing. He's done well with very little. We'd be lucky to have him considering our viable options.
Very little? He's one of the best recruiters over the past 14 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT