Votes: 78 37.9%
  • Parents choice with in-class or virtual learning

Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Here's an actual sentence written by an actual lawyer in our beloved Governor's lawsuit against our duly elected legislature:

"With the evolution of COVID-19 and our understanding of it, the Governor's approach has evolved to a surgical and targeted approach based on expert advise, scientific studies, and real-time experience fighting the virus."

And this, my personal favorite gem:

"Despite the grave and extraordinary circumstances facing the Commonwealth, immediately upon gaveling into the 30-day Regular Session on January 5, 2021 -- a session in which a state budget must be enacted -- the General Assembly chose to prioritize legislation aimed at taking away the Governor's executive authority to address emergencies rather than legislation to address COVID-19, to pass a state budget, to provide affordable health care, to address racial injustice, to invest in education, to address the opioid epidemic, or to appropriate more than $220 million to help small businesses."

Ok, Dear Leader. Thank you for your governing! Fayette County may hypothetically let second graders go back to school in a few weeks, we hope!

And by chance why would those small businesses need help?

Are there people who really think David Brooks isn’t conservative? I’m not sure Reagan would be conservative enough for many today.

Eh. The NY Times keeps him around to act like a conservative while toeing their commie company like a bizarro version of that Colmes dipshit from Hannity & Colmes.

If you have a few extra dollars, this helps fight to get kids back to in person learning by covering expenses related to lawsuits. It’s my understanding this lawsuit will cover every county in Kentucky. Chris Weist is the attorney who filed the lawsuit today for return to in person schooling based on Kentucky senate actions. Chris is doing a lot of the work at no cost but they say this fund helps cover processing fees and filing fees. He is always very helpful if you have any questions, you can contact him on Facebook.

Last edited:

If you have a few extra dollars, this helps fight to get kids back to in person learning by covering expenses related to lawsuits. Chris Weist is the attorney who filed the lawsuit today for return to in person schooling based on Kentucky senate actions. Chris is doing a lot of the work at no cost but they say this fund helps cover processing fees and filing fees.
lol. nope

Mayor Lori Lightfoot is tired of the bullshit:

When Lori Lightfoot has had enough of your woke nonsense, well that just speaks for itself. That's like Ralphie May telling you he's worried about your diet.

Here in VA the Governor is saying all schools have to have an in-person instruction option by sometime in March. Not requiring the students to all go back to in-person but they have to have the option.

Also there is talk of expanding the school year into summer for people who have fallen behind. Not sure how that is different than the summer school that already exists for flunkies though. Maybe it is for the kids who didn’t fail but weren’t up to snuff otherwise? Haven’t really seen any details about it because I don’t have kids so not really something I’ve been paying much attention to.

Also there is talk of expanding the school year into summer for people who have fallen behind. Not sure how that is different than the summer school that already exists for flunkies though. Maybe it is for the kids who didn’t fail but weren’t up to snuff otherwise? Haven’t really seen any details about it because I don’t have kids so not really something I’ve been paying much attention to.

Maybe sit this one out. My daughter that has an IEP just could not do virtual. Thankfully from January she has been going everyday even though the rest of the system is in hybrid mode. There are many kids (ones that you probably call flunkies) that have fallen behind due to this political bullshit.

Maybe sit this one out. My daughter that has an IEP just could not do virtual. Thankfully from January she has been going everyday even though the rest of the system is in hybrid mode. There are many kids (ones that you probably call flunkies) that have fallen behind due to this political bullshit.
Summer school previously only existed for flunkies, as in people who literally flunked out. If you fail a class your a flunkies. Sorry if your a snowflake and can’t handle that term.

This version of summer school would be different in some capacity. Sounds like you need summer school too because your knowledge is weak.

Summer school previously only existed for flunkies, as in people who literally flunked out. If you fail a class your a flunkies. Sorry if your a snowflake and can’t handle that term.

This version of summer school would be different in some capacity. Sounds like you need summer school too because your knowledge is weak.

I have adopted 3 kids from foster care. One that I rereferred to just from January started full time. She is way behind because of virtual school.. She is not a flunkie as your reference and you can totally get fu#ced.

I have seen what this is doing to kids and I will fully follow you around and debunk your bullshit. You are one of the most evil people on this forum.

I have adopted 3 kids from foster care. One that I rereferred to just from January started full time. She is way behind because of virtual school.. She is not a flunkie as your reference and you can totally get fu#ced.

I have seen what this is doing to kids and I will fully follow you around and debunk your bullshit. You are one of the most evil people on this forum.
lol. Falling behind ≠ flunkie but says a lot about you that you think it is.

I don't see many places doing a lot of broad-based summer remediation in this state. Districts might have it in targeted groups (e.g. trying to get seniors their credits to officially graduate), but I think any plans of extending the school year for all in this state will fall flat due to a lack of funding. Teacher contracts expire on June 30 and most will have all of the days of their contracts worked by the end of May. So the state would need to have monies on hand for districts to use to incentivize staff to do a larger summer session (and good luck getting enough to do it). Some of the federal COVID monies might help with that if they come through.

If places tried it, you might see a shift toward a more year-round model of education in terms of district calendars. Those things have been floated in the past but no one has really taken the plunge as far as I know because people like to take their summer vacations and other such concerns.

I don't see many places doing a lot of broad-based summer remediation in this state. Districts might have it in targeted groups (e.g. trying to get seniors their credits to officially graduate), but I think any plans of extending the school year for all in this state will fall flat due to a lack of funding. Teacher contracts expire on June 30 and most will have all of the days of their contracts worked by the end of May. So the state would need to have monies on hand for districts to use to incentivize staff to do a larger summer session (and good luck getting enough to do it). Some of the federal COVID monies might help with that if they come through.

If places tried it, you might see a shift toward a more year-round model of education in terms of district calendars. Those things have been floated in the past but no one has really taken the plunge as far as I know because people like to take their summer vacations and other such concerns.
year round school is torture. humans need breaks.

lol. Falling behind ≠ flunkie but says a lot about you that you think it is.

You’re damn near 40 and a couple years ago you were bragging about your sweet setup for school provided housing where you had your own room, bathroom, and hallway with a fridge.

I think it’s safe to say you’re not going to have to worry about reproducing so maybe leave the school discussion to us with kids.

You’re damn near 40 and a couple years ago you were bragging about your sweet setup for school provided housing where you had your own room, bathroom, and hallway with a fridge.

I think it’s safe to say you’re not going to have to worry about reproducing so maybe leave the school discussion to us with kids.
LOL

I actually don’t have any interest in wasting 20ish years of my life raising a child. I’d rather eat dog shit for 20 years than raise a child.

You just need to stop posting in these threads....not trying to be funny, your input is just not of any value. Real talk. @wildcatsboston1984

Booker and his wife are true American heroes for fostering and adopting children. It is absolutely uncalled for to insult him and/or his kids over that. Just absolutely sickening. On a message board things lack context and what may seem like a joke to the poster can be read wrong by others, etc. Lord knows I am as guilty of that as anyone.

But to double down on that insult is just absolutely insane and terrible.

Might time for some introspection there wildcatsboston1984 and an apology.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT