Votes: 78 37.9%
  • Parents choice with in-class or virtual learning

Votes: 103 50.0%
  • Hybrid learning for all

Votes: 7 3.4%
  • Full Virtual

Votes: 18 8.7%

• Total voters
Maybe they are, and I didn't mean to come off as an ass/defensive, but our department has worked our asses off to make the best of this situation, all while getting whip-sawed by incompetent and waffling administrators.

I can say this though. If they ARE that short, then they're either not making it known, or some director has sh!t the bed. Because, if it is true, we were not made aware because we would have figured out a way to deal with it.

7 more months and I'm out of that place. It's a dumpster fire, in a dumpster fire, on a plane that's on fire, flying into a GD mountain...

Tonight, there is a 100 percent chance. I'm the only one on, from 6:00 to 8:00

381-HELP

(I was kidding about the day-drinking)

I have a scheduled call with the Director of the Tax Office at 6:30, to remote in and install the VPN software, so you might have to hold for a few minutes.

Maybe they are, and I didn't mean to come off as an ass/defensive, but our department has worked our asses off to make the best of this situation, all while getting whip-sawed by incompetent and waffling administrators.

I can say this though. If they ARE that short, then they're either not making it known, or some director has sh!t the bed. Because, if it is true, we were not made aware because we would have figured out a way to deal with it.

7 more months and I'm out of that place. It's a dumpster fire, in a dumpster fire, on a plane that's on fire, flying into a GD mountain...
Yes besides the effects on the kids, the other sad part is all the employees in the school system that work their butts off and see the plane headed to nowhere. Not much they can do about it because from everything I read and hear Manny Caulk is the dictator running all this into the ground and you don’t dare question him. Sounds like there are issues besides the pandemic handling as well.

Reactions: RunninRichie
If you only knew...

(Also, I'm going to give the School Technology Coordinator over there a call, and if they've somehow fallen through the cracks I assure you, it will be rectified)

With the money this district wastes it's inexcusable that a kid can't do what is asked of him/her because of arbitrary decisions by those ass-clowns.

I'll post an update here when I know.

Last edited:
JCPS sports “paused” because of the inherent danger of playing sports when your county is red. I mean, if it only saves one life!

Except if your team is in the postseason. Your life is completely worth the risk and your prolly going to die. JCPS in fact is marching you to your death.

Just to recap: regular season sports too dangerous bc of covid. Postseason sports safe to play. Damn this a smart virus!!!!!!1!1!

Leadership!

Well, we lasted a week and a half ofo in-person instruction. Back to on-line learning for us after a mini-breakout amongst a couple of our sports teams. We have a small student body and they all hang out with each other anyway so through contact-tracing, we'd have a large amount students quarantining for two weeks. So . . .

By the way, we had two team sports advance to the semi-final of the regional tournament only to be told they had to forfeit that game, thus ending their season. Tough way to go out.

I'm not saying what's the right way or the wrong way, but I'm absolutely tired of seeing young people take these "gut punches." They are having to go through more than they should.

Looks like your school was the only one to forfeit in any regionals for soccer for both boys and girls. Very short sided on who made that decision.

Reactions: Pelosigalore
Looks like your school was the only one to forfeit in any regionals for soccer for both boys and girls. Very short sided on who made that decision.

Cross country is having to travel to Oldham County to run their state qualifying races because the host for our regional is a red county. It’s bizarre, but we seem to be following the regulations to the letter. I have no further comment.

Bump for 80% Rally. 5:30 PM Monday 701 East Main Street. Join Facebook group “Let Them Learn in Fayette County”. I’m fighting not only for my kids but for those kids out there who don’t have a voice fighting for them. They are really the ones suffering in silence.

Reactions: bbonds and BASCat
Played all year up till now, with no school in many of the same places. Only thing changed is the pressure. Not the risk.

And...it's up to each set of schools if they play. There is no uniform state guidance.

This is kind of the problem, IMO, from the top of our nation's government all the way down. And I'm not sure there are any right or wrong answers.
If you can’t get uniform state guidance how on earth are you going to get uniform national guidance that is effective let alone fair. I don’t need to follow NY’s rules, for example.

Exactly. A national mandate was never going to work. For example a China travel ban was shouted down. Neither side was going to ever agree.

What sucks for many of the Kentucky counties is the population. Many eastern and western Kentucky counties can only have a 2-3 case/day average and they are in the red. That metric is absurd with as many people that we are testing right now.

If you can’t get uniform state guidance how on earth are you going to get uniform national guidance that is effective let alone fair. I don’t need to follow NY’s rules, for example.

Oh, no doubt about that. Just saying we are all over the map with our approach to this thing 8 months into it, and nobody seems to have clear-cut strategies yet.

This is kind of the problem, IMO, from the top of our nation's government all the way down. And I'm not sure there are any right or wrong answers.

Other than providing information, I'd prefer to get the government out of the way. Most people are reasonable and behave correctly without being "mandated" to do things.

The more governments make arbitrary and (in some cases) idiotic laws, the more people ignore them and don't trust anything coming from the government.

It is a vicious cycle. Hopefully the election at least helps somewhat so there is less pressure from the government to preen for votes and actually work.

Other than providing information, I'd prefer to get the government out of the way. Most people are reasonable and behave correctly without being "mandated" to do things.

The more governments make arbitrary and (in some cases) idiotic laws, the more people ignore them and don't trust anything coming from the government.

It is a vicious cycle. Hopefully the election at least helps somewhat so there is less pressure from the government to preen for votes and actually work.

Agree with a lot of that, although it seems like that was our approach, initially, and it started going downhill fast. It's a delicate balance.

I do think we would have dealt with this better in just about any other year.

With all of the kids being hospitalized and dying on sport’s fields, it only makes sense to shut it all down.

Well, barren county is going to virtual for two weeks after...wait a minute 9 in person combined cases? LOL and they’re counting virtual cases WTF?

Hyman - Just curious, any updates you have received on the Chromebook situation in Fayette County?

The confusion seems to be that, in cases of multiple kids in homes, not every child is getting their own CB.

So, kids are having to share CB;s.

Now, this creates problems, from a Google account standpoint, that I won't bother going into here.

But I guess the answer is somewhere in the middle. There ARE a lot of kids that don't have their own Chromebook, but every family that needs one has one.

12,000 Chromebooks were ordered by FCPS, but the due to obvious production and supply line problems, they are slow coming in.

States aren't listening to the nation's government, who want schools open. That is the right answer.

The actual data — that’s supposed to form your foundation of disease surveillance - isn’t reliable because the parameters and scope of testing isn’t normalized

so if the data isn’t good - then the inferences and. Decision making / public health evaluation efforts will continue to be misguided

i could say a lot more but this time I’ll stop

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT