ADVERTISEMENT

SC QB Jake Bentley transferring...

Pretty much thought this would be a no brainer after Helinski took over. I know he caught some hell, but the kid was a 3 year starter. He will most definitely be a huge experienced get for somebody. With the right coaching staff he could be the next Joe Burrow. pretty sure he will have quite a few suitors.

Pretty much thought this would be a no brainer after Helinski took over. I know he caught some hell, but the kid was a 3 year starter. He will most definitely be a huge experienced get for somebody. With the right coaching staff he could be the next Joe Burrow. pretty sure he will have quite a few suitors.

LOL. He’s no Joe Burrow. Not even close. He’s got talent but he’s not that good.

LOL. He’s no Joe Burrow. Not even close. He’s got talent but he’s not that good.
Did you think Joe Burrow was that good when he couldn’t win the starting job at Ohio State? Bently has experience playing at a high level. Put him on a contending team with a solid line to protect him and top receivers to catch his passes and he could definitely succeed and elevate his draft status.

Would you turn him down if he wanted to come here?

Reactions: dvillecatfan
Did you think Joe Burrow was that good when he couldn’t win the starting job at Ohio State? Bently has experience playing at a high level. Put him on a contending team with a solid line to protect him and top receivers to catch his passes and he could definitely succeed and elevate his draft status.

whether I’d take him or not has zero bearing on whether he is as good as Joe Burrow. I simply don’t see him being nearly as good as Burrow. We’ve seen 3 years of Bentley and he’s good but not nearly as Burrow, IMO.

whether I’d take him or not has zero bearing on whether he is as good as Joe Burrow. I simply don’t see him being nearly as good as Burrow. We’ve seen 3 years of Bentley and he’s good but not nearly as Burrow, IMO.
Give Bentley Burrows receivers at LSU and see how he does.

Jesus Christ. You Jake Bentley’s dad? Guy is not very good. Average SEC QB at best.

Burrow was considered an underachiever at OSU. Nor did he look all that good last year at LSU. New coaches at LSU were perfect fit for Burrow. Coach/player chemistry is important to get best out of player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see better production from Bentley. It doesn't have to be West Coast, chuck it 40-50 times a game. But, I think he's a better QB than he's shown at USC.

Btw - Isn't his dad on Muschamp's staff? This may be part of the equation. It certainly muddies the waters.

Reactions: Father Torque
Depending on how confident Saban is in Jones and little Tua...maybe he gives the kid a look...I think he's from Bamer anyway...

Oklahoma is turning into Transfer QB U...

Out west makes sense as well though...lots of offense out there

Kid has talent and experience, obviously, and coming out had a pretty impressive list of schools who were interested...will be very interesting to see where he lands.

Depending on how confident Saban is in Jones and little Tua...maybe he gives the kid a look...I think he's from Bamer anyway...

Bentley was only in Auburn for 2 years. He's originally from Duncan, SC where his dad was the head coach at Byrnes before Malzahn offered him a job.

Burrow was considered an underachiever at OSU. Nor did he look all that good last year at LSU. New coaches at LSU were perfect fit for Burrow. Coach/player chemistry is important to get best out of player.

I wouldn't be surprised to see better production from Bentley. It doesn't have to be West Coast, chuck it 40-50 times a game. But, I think he's a better QB than he's shown at USC.

Btw - Isn't his dad on Muschamp's staff? This may be part of the equation. It certainly muddies the waters.
Dad is on SCAR staff but avoided Muschamp's axe, he'll return in '20.

Reactions: bballcat4
Let's See BURROW might be the #1 pick in NFL DRAFT!! But Bentley is as good as him!!!? MMMM YEAH KAY SURE WHATEVER MAKES U FEEL GOOD INSIDE!

Yes

Jake from State Farm has a better chance of starting elsewhere. Remember in 2017 when Stevie J. beat them down there how many times we had to hear how bad Steve B.wanted to win? Well, looks like he wants to win somewhere else. Hope his dad gets to keep his job.

LSU brought in a QB coach from the Saints in the off season. Burrow has looked like a different player since then.

Reactions: Rockford

Oklahoma is turning into Transfer QB U...

Out west makes sense as well though...lots of offense out there

Kid has talent and experience, obviously, and coming out had a prett
y impressive list of schools who were interested...will be very interesting to see where he lands.

Bentley is a SC kid. His dad was the coach at Byrne's, (sp) HS. He left or was hired away to the school in Alabama. That's where little he played HS ball.

How does he still have eligibility? Feel like he’s been at SC for 10 years

He beat out every QB at the Manning Passing Academy, including Trevor Lawrence.

There are valid points on both sides of the theoretical conversation about whether Jake Bentley could be successful in UK’s offense. But FWIW, it isn’t going to happen. Our fans may not believe this yet, but Bentley will have a lot of options and some of them will be ranked teams. He has size, brains, SEC experience, bowl experience, and arm talent. His father is a college football coach with connections. I wouldn’t be surprised at all if one or two schools out of Bama, LSU, and OK try to recruit him.

Mark Stoops is a loyal guy. 2020 will be TW’s third year in our program, and TW showed enough improvement prior to the knee injury in September to win our coaches’ confidence. As UK’s starting QB, TW is 12-3. The objective of football is to win. Football is a team sport, and successful coaches don’t take that kind of a winning record lightly. Surround a healthy TW with the other returning UK offensive talent in 2020 and you have a team that should threaten GA, which will lose a number of key starters after this season. In terms of QBs, Stoops’ current focus is supporting TW through his rtehab, signing Beau Allen later this month, and convincing Joey Gatewood to transfer to UK with an eye toward 2021 for Gatewood.

Last edited:
He beat out every QB at the Manning Passing Academy, including Trevor Lawrence.
Passing academies and real games are much different. Wouldn’t he have been 2 years older than Lawrence at the time too. Big difference between 15 and 17-18 year olds.

guess we will all know next season.

Passing academies and real games are much different. Wouldn’t he have been 2 years older than Lawrence at the time too. Big difference between 15 and 17-18 year olds.

guess we will all know next season.
Oh......I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife! And I assume all others their were 15 as well? Bentley graduated HS early and started at SCAR in what should've been hi senior year in HS. K.....

Oh......I see, said the blind man to his deaf wife! And I assume all others their were 15 as well? Bentley graduated HS early and started at SCAR in what should've been hi senior year in HS. K.....

Ok. I’ll admit I’d didn’t know Bentley skipped his senior year of HS. I mentioned Lawrence being younger because the post specifically said he beat out Lawrence.

He’s a good QB. He is not a Joe Burrow or Trevor Lawrence caliber QB. Some people on this thread seem to think he is. I don’t. You do. That’s fine.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT