Pure speculation or maybe I’m scared. It’s happening

getcha pull

Sophomore
Gold Member
Nov 27, 2007
The hills of Ky
With the Alabama mass exodus of players
I know 30 day window for them

If Coen leaves and we start this after spring practice - only a few months for players transferring to find new homes

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

We gotta be ready like the rest of the SEC and the NCAA

As bad as Alabama has been hit in portal

U know they be raiding come this spring

It’s getting Nasty in The NCAA

Transfer Apocalypse

In saying this statement , The Kats have killed the portal imo
Love what they are doing

12 team play-off
If we become the Kings of the Portal or Top 5 in portal every year along with the way we develop young players, it's a blessing because due to a new rule #portal

We can become a solid contender every year for the final 12 and the playoff
With the right moves , the ball is in the UK athletics, make us contenders like every wants or just drop the ball

Last edited:
Reactions: Fox2monk

If Coen leaves and we start this after spring practice - only a few months for players transferring to find new homes

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

Transfer Apocalypse
You very well could be correct....what Stoops and now Coen have done with flirting around like this could undue UK's season in short order.

I look for universities to put in contracts to protect themselves from this kind of stuff. Don't know the specifics of how you'd be able to do it....but if we lose Vandagriff....there would be zero reason to buy season tix next season.

There is massive change coming in the next 2-5 years. During that period the teams that are completely ignoring the rules will win out. And I don’t blame them, this is the mess college sports are in. If you got $$$ and are in a p4 conference, you can completely change the course of your program.

We are seeing some teams attempting to do it. Ohio St, Ole Miss, UL, Missouri are going all in on this lawless phase. Like I said, I don’t blame them in the least.

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

Transfer Apocalypse
How many players did we lose the first time Coen left?

Hopefully someone can answer if the departure of an assistant opens the portal but yes.....if so we will be probation era level of talent on offense.

That's what's so bad about his aggressive flirtation with leaving. Unless we have a great hire lined up to step right into the role, we will get hammered.

There is massive change coming in the next 2-5 years. During that period the teams that are completely ignoring the rules will win out. And I don’t blame them, this is the mess college sports are in. If you got $$$ and are in a p4 conference, you can completely change the course of your program.

We are seeing some teams attempting to do it. Ohio St, Ole Miss, UL, Missouri are going all in on this lawless phase. Like I said, I don’t blame them in the least.

I am not sure which rules they are ignoring. These collectives that almost every school has are plying by the rules presented to them. Now the rules presented may not have gotten intended results but the collectives didn't write them. Now I Agree it's a mess and I don't like it and several collectives are spending lots of money, but it isn't against the rules.

Reactions: atticusfitch
Hopefully someone can answer if the departure of an assistant opens the portal
No only head coach

What is happening with Bama and then Washington followed by Arizona is every CFB fans biggest fear now, coaching change causes roster to be stripmined to the dirt. Probably will cause coaches to be fired only after everything has been tried to fix problems?

After all the portal dust settles looks like the most talented teams competing for the CFB natl title will be Georgia, Ohio, Texas, FSU, Miami.

I am not sure which rules they are ignoring. These collectives that almost every school has are plying by the rules presented to them. Now the rules presented may not have gotten intended results but the collectives didn't write them. Now I Agree it's a mess and I don't like it and several collectives are spending lots of money, but it isn't against the rules.
Here is the Kentucky state law on NIL:

A person or entity shall not give or promise compensation for the use of the name, image, or likeness of a current or prospective student-athlete to recruit or induce the athlete to enroll at any Kentucky institution.

Most states have something like this. They are 100% breaking this rule in a majority of cases.

Tampering with other people’s players is. Tennessee openly offered brown during our season.

Reactions: satcheluk

A person or entity shall not give or promise compensation for the use of the name, image, or likeness of a current or prospective student-athlete to recruit or induce the athlete to enroll at any Kentucky institution.

Most states have something like
is. They are 100% breaking this rule in a majority of cases.

That's basically a repeat of the NCAA rule. Which must be next to impossible to prove. Do you really believe BV chose UK because of a relationship built over 2-3 days? AU and Freeze wanted him and were paying, so was Carolina. He got a nice NIL deal and assurances he was the starter.

Everyone is cheating the way the rules are written. Certain teams are really leaning into it as the new normal and going all in. Those are the teams that will make the biggest moves for the next few years. If you are cautiously waiting for the NCAA to get control then you are going to get passed up.

That's basically a repeat of the NCAA rule. Which must be next to impossible to prove. Do you really believe BV chose UK because of a relationship built over 2-3 days? AU and Freeze wanted him and were paying, so was Carolina. He got a nice NIL deal and assurances he was the starter.
You asked which rule they are ignoring, and that’s the rule. Enforcement is another issue. BV, just like others, was offered an NIL deal to entice him to come to UK. While it wasn’t the sole factor, it was a factor. Thats against the rules and the rule they are ignoring.

Really don't see why they have acquired the label NIL. Should just go ahead and say NFL.

You asked which rule they are ignoring, and that’s the rule. Enforcement is another issue. BV, just like others, was offered an NIL deal to entice him to come to UK. While it wasn’t the sole factor, it was a factor. Thats against the rules and the rule they are ignoring.

The state rule doesn't apply to anyone not recruiting Kentucky kids or an instate school does it? Don't see how it could, so if a school isn't recruiting the state of Kentucky, what rule are they ignoring? The only people hurt by that rule are Kentucky kids.

I wish we could wave a magic wand and NIL goes away, but I don't have one. So it's either get on the bus or get left behind.

Right now UF is being investigated over the. QB deal a couple years back, I don't know details. But it's a mess, Kentucky not allowing NIL, Georgia and Missouri allowing HS kids to make NIL. JUST zero consistency.

The state rule doesn't apply to anyone not recruiting Kentucky kids or an instate school does it? Don't see how it could, so if a school isn't recruiting the state of Kentucky, what rule are they ignoring? The only people hurt by that rule are Kentucky kids.

I wish we could wave a magic wand and NIL goes away, but I don't have one. So it's either get on the bus or get left behind.

Right now UF is being investigated over the. QB deal a couple years back, I don't know details. But it's a mess, Kentucky not allowing NIL, Georgia and Missouri allowing HS kids to make NIL. JUST zero consistency.
I like the premise of NIL. The issue is the NCAA buried their head in the sand and looked the other way when it came to athlete compensation rather than addressing the issue. I could talk about that all day.

Georgia has the same exact rule (as I’m sure all states do) concerning pay for play:

Such compensation may not be provided in exchange, in whole or in part, for a current or prospective student athlete to attend, participate, or perform at a particular postsecondary educational institution.

If every state has some sort of language like this, then yes, their collectives are ignoring NIL laws.

Most states have something like this. They are 100% breaking this rule in a majority of cases.
Stop talking about rules. They don’t matter in this era. Nobody is following them and nobody is getting in trouble.

I like the premise of NIL. The issue is the NCAA buried their head in the sand and looked the other way when it came to athlete compensation rather than addressing the issue. I could talk about that all day.

Georgia has the same exact rule (as I’m sure all states do) concerning pay for play:

Such compensation may not be provided in exchange, in whole or in part, for a current or prospective student athlete to attend, participate, or perform at a particular postsecondary educational institution.

If every state has some sort of language like this, then yes, their collectives are ignoring NIL laws.

But Georgia doesn't ban paying kids NIL, even HS kids can receive NIL and probably are. JuJu Lewis has a pretty large NIL now that isn't from a school associated with a collective. Clothing and shoe deals already worth 7 figures and he just reclassified to a Jr from a soph. Of course he is the exception but a couple of HS in Ga are paying kids right now, not in the 7 figure range, but enough to dress nice and have money for dates. But when you building a 50m dollar HS stadium that already has 2 than seat over 10k what is a few 1000 to a kid to help you win a couple games.

Reactions: getcha pull

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

Transfer Apocalypse
Transfer portal and NIL is broken and needs to be fixed by the P5 coaches.

But Georgia doesn't ban paying kids NIL, even HS kids can receive NIL and probably are. JuJu Lewis has a pretty large NIL now that isn't from a school associated with a collective. Clothing and shoe deals already worth 7 figures and he just reclassified to a Jr from a soph. Of course he is the exception but a couple of HS in Ga are paying kids right now, not in the 7 figure range, but enough to dress nice and have money for dates. But when you building a 50m dollar HS stadium that already has 2 than seat over 10k what is a few 1000 to a kid to help you win a couple games.
I’m not talking about HS…I never have been. I’m not sure why you’re bringing that into the conversation. I’m not sure what the confusion is here. You said that collectives are following the rules. I chose both Georgia and Kentucky and their state NIL laws for obvious reasons in our discussion. Both states explicitly say that you cannot give a player NIL money in exchange for them to come to your university. Collectives are ignoring that NIL rule. That’s all I’m saying. Do you agree that they are ignoring that rule?

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

Transfer Apocalypse

Love what they are doing

12 team play-off
If we become the Kings of the Portal or Top 5 in portal every year along with the way we develop young players, it's a blessing because due to a new rule #portal

With the right moves , the ball is in the UK athletics, make us contenders like every wants or just drop the ball
Guys ,let's think about it. Just how many players on our roster do you think Bama would want? Serious question. Wallace and who else?

Guys ,let's think about it. Just how many players on our roster do you think Bama would want? Serious question. Wallace and who else?
Since Wallace is going to the NFL, it doesn't matter if Alabama wants him. I don't know where they have open spots across their roster, but I'll guarantee you they'd find spots for Walker and Brown and Key. There are certainly other players they'd want, although I don't know if they would start.

Reactions: EKCAT4YRS
Hard truth prob nobody on here will accept?

Walker

That's it

He's the only guy on our roster the top 10, top 15 teams would go out of their way to get to visit & give a good NIL offer

Barion
Vandagriff
Key
Macklin

Transfer Apocalypse

Love what they are doing

12 team play-off

Saw it reported that the no questions asked transfer rule is only if the HC leaves.

They are ignoring the "No NIL pay for play" rule. From the NCAA:
While opening name, image and likeness opportunities to student-athletes, the policy in all three divisions preserves the commitment to avoid pay-for-play and improper inducements tied to choosing to attend a particular school. Those rules remain in effect.

"The new policy preserves the fact college sports are not pay-for-play," said Division II Presidents Council chair Sandra Jordan, chancellor at the University of South Carolina Aiken. "It also reinforces key principles of fairness and integrity across the NCAA and maintains rules prohibiting improper recruiting inducements. It's important any new rules maintain these principles."

I’m not talking about HS…I never have been. I’m not sure why you’re bringing that into the conversation. I’m not sure what the confusion is here. You said that collectives are following the rules. I chose both Georgia and Kentucky and their state NIL laws for obvious reasons in our discussion. Both states explicitly say that you cannot give a player NIL money in exchange for them to come to your university. Collectives are ignoring that NIL rule. That’s all I’m saying. Do you agree that they are ignoring that rule?

Because Georgia's law allows both to receive NIL. Our law has zero teeth in it and is unenforceable because of proving that's why someone chose a school. Kid and his party can say they chose it for anything, development, social, relationships and how you going to prove he didn't? Those laws say the same thing NCAA rules do and you see what that has gotten us. Of course the collectives are ignoring it, but they are not officially part of the school either.

Reactions: Fox2monk and Tf2217
Why are we even recruiting high school kids
Only a couple are ready to play immediately then the ones that get good will try to get the bag elsewhere
Let’s just save the recruiting budget and buy a team every year
We can’t recruit at the High School level like Ga or Bama

^because we can't 'recruit' (pay) at the top NIL level. Fans don't donate at the level of top collectives. Wealthy UK alums don't lavishly donate like top program rich supporters.

Reports are Ohio's NIL budget for their 2024 team they are buying is $13M. A different media outlet analysis said Texas 2023 team NIL total was $15M.

Now those 2 schools budgets are prob warped from having multiple huge dollar asking price quarterbacks. But still, big spending is required for top talent in the portal.

However, as pitiful as UK NIL operations are, they do apparently take good enough care of our top line star starters. Justin Rogers is the only starter lost via the portal in 4 yrs.

So yeah, we still benefit from recruiting high school kids. The ones who can't play winning SEC football take care of themselves, and portal out. The ones who can play are not snatched up by others, they stay.

^because we can't 'recruit' (pay) at the top NIL level. Fans don't donate at the level of top collectives. Wealthy UK alums don't lavishly donate like top program rich supporters.

Reports are Ohio's NIL budget for their 2024 team they are buying is $13M. A different media outlet analysis said Texas 2023 team NIL total was $15M.

Now those 2 schools budgets are prob warped from having multiple huge dollar asking price quarterbacks. But still, big spending is required for top talent in the portal.

However, as pitiful as UK NIL operations are, they do apparently take good enough care of our top line star starters. Justin Rogers is the only starter lost via the portal in 4 yrs.

So yeah, we still benefit from recruiting high school kids. The ones who can't play winning SEC football take care of themselves, and portal out. The ones who can play are not snatched up by others, they stay.

Losing to 3 years in a row and Mich winning NC has sent osu on a spending spree, about 5m over the weekend. Of course their writers say kids attend osu because of it being osu. They are expecting to buy a championship in 24.

That’s simply not true. The NCAA has made it clear you can not use nil to lure a recruit to your school. The collective is ignoring the rule and doing it anyway. Our AD will not allow it. Calipari has said he won’t allow it. Hunter Dickinson was asking for a dollar amount to be guaranteed for coming. Cal told him to kick rocks. We don’t do that. We are probably the only school playing by rules that are not being enforced.

That’s simply not true. The NCAA has made it clear you can not use nil to lure a recruit to your school. The collective is ignoring the rule and doing it anyway. Our AD will not allow it. Calipari has said he won’t allow it. Hunter Dickinson was asking for a dollar amount to be guaranteed for coming. Cal told him to kick rocks. We don’t do that. We are probably the only school playing by rules that are not being enforced.

Basketball is a whole different animal, shoe companies and AAU coaches determine where kids can and cannot go to school. Let's not pretend Cal is some kind of saint who has never crossed a rule.

Yet NIL collectives are buying kid's services at every major school in the country, including UK. Where is the NCAA? They are after Harbaugh for buying a kid lunch, a coach at FSU for giving a kid a ride to see a booster, not trying to get him NIL. NCAA is a dead organization, they are done with major investigations and penalties. Any penalty from a power school will bring a suit and NCAA will lose again. A new organization isn't too far away, probably with some kind of payment plan because it can't go on like it is now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT