ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting players in the portal

Toledo CB
In the portal. Auburn offered immediately and he's set up a visit there.

Reactions: cathouse
That's what I expected. Freeze probably recruited him Liberty.
Yeah, I'd say Freeze has his QB.

UK has offered 2 CBs, one from UAB, has Auburn/Miss St offers also, and one from South Alabama. The guy from UAB looks promising but the South Alabama guy scares me. Stats show 60% of passes completed for 400+ yards and 6 TDs thrown in his area.

UK has offered 2 CBs, one from UAB, has Auburn/Miss St offers also, and one from South Alabama. The guy from UAB looks promising but the South Alabama guy scares me. Stats show 60% of passes completed for 400+ yards and 6 TDs thrown in his area.

One of UGA's starting CB said he was hitting the portal yesterday, ATM tampering again, but today announced he was staying. I know we can't match what ATM is willing to play, I guess kirby showed him our list of draftees compared to the new ATM's list of draftees. He played alot as a soph and expected to start for us in 24. His name was in the portal and ATM had already offered him, how is that not tampering. If NCAA is going to remain any kind of sanctioning organization that has to be addressed.

One of UGA's starting CB said he was hitting the portal yesterday, ATM tampering again, but today announced he was staying. I know we can't match what ATM is willing to play, I guess kirby showed him our list of draftees compared to the new ATM's list of draftees. He played alot as a soph and expected to start for us in 24. His name was in the portal and ATM had already offered him, how is that not tampering. If NCAA is going to remain any kind of sanctioning organization that has to be addressed.
NCAA isn't going to investigate or penalize on anything anymore. They are worthless, greedy corporate wigs

Under NIL rules the NCAA is pointless organization. Once the ACC figures out if they are going to be P4 or just fold I'd say the remaining Big 3 conferences just form a new Org for football and basketball. That's where all the money comes from and the rest is just a drain on those sports.

Bama and OSU had cb's in the portal. Are we not going to take a flyer on guys that couldn't crack the 2 deep on two of the most stacked defenses in the country?

Reactions: Girthang
NCAA isn't going to investigate or penalize on anything anymore. They are worthless, greedy corporate wigs

And that is why they are a dying organization. But once they were taken to court the system was done. The player ATM was tampering with has decided to stay, never entered the portal and ATM was bragging about buying him. Clearly tampering, but no authority to confront them.

So, you're saying the So. Alabama guy would be an upgrade... :)

Bama and OSU had cb's in the portal. Are we not going to take a flyer on guys that couldn't crack the 2 deep on two of the most stacked defenses in the country?
Hopefully we are much more active behind the scenes with some of these portal CBs from Georgia, Alabama, Ohio State, etc. than we are hearing.

Hard truth y'all have to face: UK likely has shot their NIL wad on the guys we got in Dec. Budget for 2024 is zeroed out.

That is why we are now shopping for corners from UAB and S Alabama,linemen from JacksonvilleSt....and not any guys from Bama or Georgia or Ohio. The dudes leaving superpowers ain't going to a Kentucky unless they get paid good. Unfortunately our poorly supported NIL bucket is probably empty now.

You do realize the NCAA is just the governing body of the universities themselves right? Its not some company or government entity. Dont get me wrong they are a broken arm of college sports that needs a lot of work but it just kills me when folks talk about the "greed" of the NCAA like they are raking in all the money on the backs of every one else.

The NCAA is made up of the member universities and is non profit. Almost all of the TV money goes back to those same universities who then spend it back out almost entirely on coaches contracts, facilities, and other support for student athletes. Most run the red and spend more than they take in trying to keep up with every body else. The coaches are the only ones taking big cash out of the system.

As long as I’ve been a Wildcat fan, and that’s been a mighty long time, we have always needed help in our secondary. You know what main ingredient is always missing back there? SPEED. I don’t care if a guy is 5’9 or 6’3, if he doesn’t have speed, he is a liability at that position. Most of our heartbreaking losses over the years can be attributed to our defensive secondary. Not just under Stoops, but everyone before him.

"That is why we are now shopping for corners from UAB and S Alabama,linemen from JacksonvilleSt....and not any guys from Bama or Georgia or Ohio."

So your saying we want kids that couldn't see the field in a power 5 program instead of a player who got a ton of reps in a smaller conference?

Hard truth y'all have to face: UK likely has shot their NIL wad on the guys we got in Dec. Budget for 2024 is zeroed out.

That is why we are now shopping for corners from UAB and S Alabama,linemen from JacksonvilleSt....and not any guys from Bama or Georgia or Ohio. The dudes leaving superpowers ain't going to a Kentucky unless they get paid good. Unfortunately our poorly supported NIL bucket is probably empty now.
Magilla Gorilla tends to disagree JHB...

• Haha
Reactions: catben
There is nothing wrong with group of 5 stars, don't get me wrong! And a starter for UAB might very well be better in 2024 for us than a bench guy at a superpower.

My comments/speculation about our current NIL status is just in response to the last 2 or 3 weeks on this board anytime a guy from a power 5 school goes in the portal someone here starts a thread with "go get 'em Stoops!". Just my opinion, no facts to back it up, I doubt our NIL has much left to offer. and probably not as much as starting O linemen from Knoxville or Bama will want, or former 5 star recruits from Georgia or Ohio expect to recieve.

And I'm pretty happy with what we got in the portal last month. Love some secondary help just like the rest of you.

I think we all agree DB help is needed. It allows BW to use a 5 man zone instead of the 8 man zone we played this season. By the way. When the qb scrambles out for a 20 yard gain on 3 rd and 18. We were in a 8 man zone.
I think we will get the help we need. The portal is crazy. They just keep coming!

I like to get the center from Bama that kid could be big time they just moved him in the center position for the mich game

Think the UAB corner picked Texas a&m, S Alabama corner chose Arkansas

Shopping for a corner help for 2024 probably has to wait until April portal opening

Shopping for a corner help for 2024 probably has to wait until April portal opening
Was hoping for Mays, the UAB guy. Not as interested in Robinson, the South Alabama guy. So, on to the next.

Under NIL rules the NCAA is pointless organization.

I must have missed that in the NIL rules. LOL.

Some people still don't understand this. There is no reason not to, but some still don't. Schools still can't give money to prospects. By rule, schools still can't be involved in decisions about NIL money. Coach Marrow made this clear again in his comments on the signing date last month.

I'm not defending the NCAA. They are understaffed on the investigative and enforcement side. They can't send a notice of allegations unless they have a "preponderance of evidence". These investigations are expensive. The NCAA has lost some important lawsuits. But when you say they are a pointless organization, you are overlooking the fact that the NCAA sent notices of allegations to AZ, LSU, TN, KS, and UL in recent years. Sean Miller, Phil Fulmer, Jeremy Pruitt, Tom Jurich, Rick Pitino, and Will Wade were fired or forced to resign in recent years because of NCAA investigations. The schools may not have been punished in the ways you wanted, but you are not privy to all the findings of all those investigations. People believe what they want to believe.

Yes, the UAB corner committed to T A&M. The pickings are getting pretty slim at this moment. That said, I’m happy with who we’ve been able to get up to this point.

Jacksonville St OT to WVU(he's from WV). UK swings and misses in the portal this weekend.

Jacksonville St OT to WVU(he's from WV). UK swings and misses in the portal this weekend.
With who is left it don't break my heart.

Reset and re evaluate what we have after Spring, what holes to fill, who enters the portal in April.

Our inability to recruit OT is amazing lol
They're hard to find. This guy's going to his home state school so it's really not a surprise. UK either passed on or didn't offer a couple of others that were somewhat surprising. Long way to go and others will be available so hopefully it all shakes out well.

We did pretty good last yr getting M. Cox & C. Ford from the portal, quality tackles. Cox will end up being our starting LT for 2 yrs, Ford will roll as RT in 2024.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT